Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: 2014 4CCs Free Dance

Custom Title
    O/W's FD music was wretched. There was almost nothing they could have done to it or with it that would have made a difference. Also, Nicole has got to stop wearing costumes that use so much fabric. The fabric swallows up both her and her partner and it is very distracting. On top of that it is very SHINY fabric, which makes it even worse.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by conga View Post
    Maybe I am one of the few who liked R/H's FD (not the costumes), but I definitely preferred them over O/W.
    I loved R/H's music and program. Although, perhaps it ultimately wasn't a good choice. It's a really strong vehicle for Asher, but Kharis cannot match his performance yet.

Quote Originally Posted by blancanieves View Post
    I loved R/H's music and program. Although, perhaps it ultimately wasn't a good choice. It's a really strong vehicle for Asher, but Kharis cannot match his performance yet.
    I do like it, although it reminds me of one of their past programs, the last one they did that was kind of African-themed.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    O/W's FD music was wretched. There was almost nothing they could have done to it or with it that would have made a difference. Also, Nicole has got to stop wearing costumes that use so much fabric. The fabric swallows up both her and her partner and it is very distracting. On top of that it is very SHINY fabric, which makes it even worse.
    Lol I actually like the music... but yes, she is very thin (I saw her in person at Canadian Nats) so she shouldn't be wearing dresses that swallow her up.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan O View Post
    I've always liked the Bohemian Rhapsody music, but for me the Crone & Poirier version of it from 2010 is still my favourite so I found it hard to compare it to H&D.

I was sad to see C&P go separate ways in 2011 (although I've read they're still friends), but I think in some ways G&P may have better chemistry. It's hard to compare because C&P were kids & teenagers when they were together and had a gentle interaction like V&M in their early days. Because G&P started skating together when they were older and are young adults, they've got a different chemistry than C&P - more playful and flirtatious perhaps.

In some ways H&D remind me of a pairs team because Zach is a big guy and is built more like a pairs skater!

Orford/Williams and Ralph/Hill are closely matched, but it seems that O&W are losing a bit of momentum this year. They finished behind R&H at this event, and also dropped below K/G-S in the FD. I believe O&W were also overtaken in the FD at Nationals by Paradis/Ouellette and barely stayed ahead of R&H. Nothing major at this point, but interesting.
    Definitely not friends.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by jolen View Post
    Definitely not friends.
    Well Vanessa said she and Paul were still friends in an interview after they dissolved their partnership. I suppose that could have just been one of those things people say, but at the time she even left open the possibility that they might skate together again one day if neither found other partners.

“It’s sad to see everything stop at this point, but it wasn’t healthy what was going on between us. We’re still friends and passionate about skating. Maybe, one day, Paul and I will get back together."

http://www.yorkregion.com/sports-sto...s-new-partner/

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6