Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 2014 4CCs Free Dance

Congrats Madison and Zachary!

Crappy feed kept freezing/buffering. Oh well. I hope I can watch videos later! They're congratulating them and interview at K&C (I love those!)

Madison says they're 'obviously pleased' after a 'shaky' performance yesterday and thanked the crowd for their support.

They're being asked how they liked Taipei city, Zachary said they haven't been able to go out much yet but looking forward to seeing the city more now that the event is over.

My heart goes out to the organizers of Taipei City. They really went all out to put on a great competition - and hardly anyone shows up.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    I believe that's the highest among the U.S. Dance couples not named Meryl and Charlie. Of course, we'll see if Chock and Bates and the Shibutanis can turn in higher scores at the Olympics.
    I wonder if skating last gave H&D an edge? Yesterday G&P skated after H&D and won the short, and today H&D skated after G&P and won the long.

Also interesting to note that O&W finished below R&H, and dropped a spot in the FD.

Why is the feed suddenly better now that the skating is over? Sigh..

Custom Title
    i always feel that the judge's underscore Lynn and Logan. Kriengkrairut/Giuletti-Schmidtt is one of the most underrated dance teams in the biz :(
    le sigh

Custom Title
    Ice Dance Medal ceremony now on:

http://tv-online.in/videoland-sports-纬来体育台

Congrats Alexandra and Daniel - US bronze medallists!

Their costumes certainly call to mind Meryl and Charlie's 'Bollywood' costumes.

And now the anthem. Go USA!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by icellist View Post
    i always feel that the judge's underscore Lynn and Logan. Kriengkrairut/Giuletti-Schmidtt is one of the most underrated dance teams in the biz :(
    le sigh
    Well, they did move ahead of O&W in the FD, so they did well today:

http://www.isuresults.com/results/fc2014/SEG008.HTM

Custom Title
    Interesting to see Piper standing on a Dance podium with 2 of her partners.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasha'sSpins View Post
    My heart goes out to the organizers of Taipei City. They really went all out to put on a great competition - and hardly anyone shows up.
    I feel bad for the organizers too, but hopefully this will send a message to the ISU that they might not want to hold events in this city if they can't get people to attend.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    The reason H&D were lower than G&P yesterday was partially due to H&D not skating particularly well. Madison referred to it in the winner's interview.

http://www.isuresults.com/results/fc..._FD_Scores.pdf

Protocols up.

H&D got level 4 on the circular step! That'll do it right there.
    They got downlevelled to 3 on the spin though. Level 3 on the diagonal step.

Gilles & Poirier only got level 2 & 3 on their steps, and the second lift was awarded level 2. Level 3 on the spin.
    Tough panel.

Aldridge & Eaton
    Level 3 on both steps,Twizzle lost a level to level 3 (no surprise) but the curve lift given level 3-judges panel noticed the problem as well (0's and one -1)

Ralph & Hill
    Level 2 on both steps, level 3 twizzles
    Yes, good performance for Ralph & Hill.

Lynn & Logan
    level 2 on both steps, level 3 twizzles
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 01-23-2014 at 03:27 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan O View Post
    I wonder if skating last gave H&D an edge? Yesterday G&P skated after H&D and won the short, and today H&D skated after G&P and won the long.
    G/P won the SD because Madison screwed up the twizzles.

Looking at the protocol, H/D won because they had higher levels---all L4s except L3 on the combination spin and L3 on one step sequence.
    G/P got L2 on one lift and L2 on one step sequence, L3 on the other step sequence, and L3 on the combination spin.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    The reason H&D were lower than G&P yesterday was partially due to H&D not skating particularly well. Madison referred to it in the winner's interview.

http://www.isuresults.com/results/fc..._FD_Scores.pdf

Protocols up.

H&D got level 4 on the circular step! That'll do it right there.
    They got downlevelled to 3 on the spin though. Level 3 on the diagonal step.

Gilles & Poirier only got level 2 & 3 on their steps, and the second lift was awarded level 2. Level 3 on the spin.
    Tough panel.
    What's ironic is that at last year's 4 Continents, G&P got higher marks than they did this year. They actually got almost the exact same score that H&D did today.

In 2013, G&P got a 97 for their FD like H&D did today and got a total of 157, which was almost the same as the 158 H&D got today. Had G&P gotten the same numbers as last year, they might have won today. Today their FD only got 91, which was about 6 points lower than at 2013 Four Continents, even though it was a SB for this season.

Kind of shows how competitions can be funny because last year G&P finished 5th at 4 Continents (3rd in the FD) with a score of 157, and this year they get a score of 153 and finish with the silver medal. Of course last year V&M, D&W etc. were at 4 Continents, so the 2nd-tier dance teams weren't able to get on the podium.

2013 Four Continents Results:

http://www.isuresults.com/events/cat00027966.htm

http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00034084.htm

Custom Title
    *runs around shrieking in happy circles*

DANI AND GREG! DANI AND GREG!!!!!!

Custom Title
    Interesting that although the Hitchcock FD this year has gotten lots of attention and has been G&P's most popular FD with audiences, the Wild Spirits FD they did last year remains their highest-ranked FD from the judges. I was just noticing that G&P actually beat the Shibutanis and Chock & Bates in the FD at this event last year.

http://www.isuresults.com/events/cat00027966.htm

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast