Russian Olympic Team | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Russian Olympic Team

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
@Jammers ITA
Gold will likely finish at 4th or worse in the FS. Her highest FS score outside of US this season is only 117.20(22 pts lower than her US nationals score). She finished 3rd in all three of her FS (excluding Nat's) this year in fields less deep. While Gracie's low SP score this year of 58 would likely bury the US she did manage a 69.45 at skate Canada and beat Lip and Suzuki. This score is a lot closer to her 72 at US nat's and more reasonable to expect.

Last edited:

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
It's hard to say, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Gracie in 4th if Akiko and Julia skate well. However, Ashley isn't going to place higher if those two women skate well either.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Gracie would have a better shot in the SP though... ash can very likely lose to Mao, Julia and Caro, and maybe others (Kaetlyn, Zijun) if she stumbles.

caseyl23

Rinkside
I do however love Adelina and feel for her if she is in fact left out. This is nowhere near as controversial as some other countries and their Olympic selections:rolleye:

You hit on the key word here and the possibility not many others seem to have considered – if Adelina was left out. Coming into the Olympics, only these skaters and their federations have an idea of what their mentalities are. From what I've seen, it looks like the Russian federation will promote Adelina ahead of Julia if both are clean. If so, it seems possible that she was offered the first shot at the team competition and is choosing (for her own reasons) to A) wait until closer to the games to see how she feels or B) save herself for the individual event.