US Opening Ceremony "Uniform" | Page 2 | Golden Skate

US Opening Ceremony "Uniform"

loopy

Final Flight
I wasn't crazy about the sweaters, but after watching this about the making of them, I started to like them much more. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7BDDj_NBEQ . Seeing everyone so proud of their materials and workmanship can make one feel their pride. I am just sorry it wasn't considered to have them made in the USA in the past. I'm glad RL bowed tot he social pressure.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Gotta love Marissa Castelli in the Team USA sweater for the Opening Ceremony. :) I think she looks great. :cool:

ETA:

LOL, just read that Castelli at 5'0" is tied with one other athlete for being the shortest on Team USA.

Castelli is cuter, but I think the Team USA sweater looks fine on Abbott as well.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I love the combination of red, white, & blue, but I do think the sweaters are too busy looking. Maybe the design will grow on me, though.

Could be worse.
I present to you the official outfit of German athletes: http://img.welt.de/img/olympia/crop120553123/4150713275-ci3x2l-w580-aoriginal-h386-l0/Mode-fuer-Olympia-2014.jpg
If anyone's interested, that ... lovely..coat costs about 1500 euros

German outfits are great. Very subtly referencing the flag, great use of colour, very polished.

US opening ceremony uniform looks like an embarrassingly gaudy Christmas sweater. And everything else is typical Ralph Lauren snoozefest.

meem

On the Ice
Just looked at the photo of the Today Show anchors wearing the Team USA uniforms...geez, it looks like they're in a SNL skit making fun of the Olympics. I always look forward to the American team entering the arena during the Opening Ceremony, but this year...it's gonna be rough (with luck, the teams ahead of them will be wearing even worse uniforms). I'm glad the outfits were made in the USA - they should be. But what the heck were the RL designers smoking when they came up with this sweater and hat?

cornell08

Final Flight
I'm curious about what all the athletes get for free during Team Processing? Is there a list somewhere? Felicia posed with some cute silver puffer jackets-- included I'm guessing? And those rings...heard you can upgrade for fancier type, but I assume theres a free base level ring? Sorry, OBSESSED about the free swag. #gimme

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
I like the mainly dark blue of the sweater with the white pants, thinking about it again. It's just way too busy overall.

The coats are cool

I'm curious about what all the athletes get for free during Team Processing? Is there a list somewhere? Felicia posed with some cute silver puffer jackets-- included I'm guessing? And those rings...heard you can upgrade for fancier type, but I assume theres a free base level ring? Sorry, OBSESSED about the free swag. #gimme

'swag'

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I'm curious about what all the athletes get for free during Team Processing? Is there a list somewhere? ... Sorry, OBSESSED about the free swag. #gimme

At this late date, a visual answer to a comparable question:
Kaetlyn Osmond retweeted her coach's photo of all the Olympic swag that Team Canada received.
https://twitter.com/ravi7walia/statuses/440627520216391680 (Mar 3)​

ETA, I suppose that it's possible that athletes were treated to even more stuff than coaches were.​

I imagine that the Team USA Olympians received a similar quantity and range of items.

I'm American, but I loved all the different types of Canadian uniforms that I saw.

And I for one still liked the Team USA opening ceremony sweaters (except for the huge Polo name on the front).
The USA closing ceremony outfits were boring in comparison.