Alexei Rogonov Married! | Golden Skate

Alexei Rogonov Married!

96skiluvr

On the Ice
Not sure if anyone is aware or friends with him on Facebook, but it appears that Alexei Rogonov just got married! His new wife, Elizaveta Rogonova (neé Kuluytnikova), posted a whole album of photos from what appears to be their honeymoon. Very happy for him :)

There was never any real chance of him getting with Anastasia, given their 7 year age difference. Speaking of Anastasia, does anyone know what the status is with them? Are they still skating together/do they plan on continuing to skate together? I really hope so; they're such a beautiful team to watch. A coaching change to someone like Nina Mozer might be good for them; someone to work with them on jumps/consistency. They're one of my favorite Russian pairs teams, and I so hope that they stay together.

cassiem

On the Ice
I would be disappointed if they split up. With V/T and K/S retiring, Martiusheva/Rogonov and Antipova/Maisuradze could be the only remaining Russian pairs that I really like. But it's always a mystery whether M/R will keep skating together. Pavlova has tried to find him a different partner nearly every season. I agree that they need to try a different coach, one who will help build confidence. Pavlova seems harsh toward her female skaters and they tend to look miserable.

LRK

Record Breaker
I would be disappointed if they split up. With V/T and K/S retiring, Martiusheva/Rogonov and Antipova/Maisuradze could be the only remaining Russian pairs that I really like. But it's always a mystery whether M/R will keep skating together. Pavlova has tried to find him a different partner nearly every season. I agree that they need to try a different coach, one who will help build confidence. Pavlova seems harsh toward her female skaters and they tend to look miserable.

I don't know the situation at all - but if it is as you say, that Pavlova has tried to find a new partner for him several times, that in itself would not exactly instil confidence in Martiusheva...

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker

Wellllllll just looked on IPS and Anastasia Martyusheva is now listed: http://icepartnersearch.com/showbio.php?i=4670

Z

znhurston

Not sure if anyone is aware or friends with him on Facebook, but it appears that Alexei Rogonov just got married! His new wife, Elizaveta Rogonova (neé Kuluytnikova), posted a whole album of photos from what appears to be their honeymoon. Very happy for him :)

There was never any real chance of him getting with Anastasia, given their 7 year age difference. Speaking of Anastasia, does anyone know what the status is with them? Are they still skating together/do they plan on continuing to skate together? I really hope so; they're such a beautiful team to watch. A coaching change to someone like Nina Mozer might be good for them; someone to work with them on jumps/consistency. They're one of my favorite Russian pairs teams, and I so hope that they stay together.

Apparently they have ended their partnership because Anastasia is looking for a new partner.
http://icepartnersea...wbio.php?i=4670

Z

znhurston

I am wondering when we see there Gerboldt and Enbert. Surely they must see that they are not moving ahead...
I rather doubt this pair will split. Unlike M/R, they appear to genuinely enjoy skating together and their new coach, Oleg Vasillev, would appear to believe in them.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Who said for sure V and T and K and S are retiring??? And whatever happened to Gerboldt and Enbert. They must be getting old too.

hanca

Record Breaker
I rather doubt this pair will split. Unlike M/R, they appear to genuinely enjoy skating together and their new coach, Oleg Vasillev, would appear to believe in them.

But the results are not there. So that would affect their funding. Vasiliev's previous pair Mukhortova/Blanchard ended their competitive career because they placed 7th at Russian nationals and then they had a problem with lack of funding (I think at some interview they said that the Russian Federation is not supporting them any more), so I am wondering what will happen with Gerboldt/Enbert's funding as they have also finished 7th at Russian nationals (and behind them are only junior pairs).

Z

znhurston

But the results are not there. So that would affect their funding. Vasiliev's previous pair Mukhortova/Blanchard ended their competitive career because they placed 7th at Russian nationals and then they had a problem with lack of funding (I think at some interview they said that the Russian Federation is not supporting them any more), so I am wondering what will happen with Gerboldt/Enbert's funding as they have also finished 7th at Russian nationals (and behind them are only junior pairs).

It is true their results have never been as good as they were in their first season together.