Some humor into Russian anti-gay law | Golden Skate

Some humor into Russian anti-gay law

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Come on, you know darn well what the difference is! Both American presidents posted here were photographed on vacations they took - not for PR, but because they, too, take vacations; that's why they have bare chests there - they are both coming out of the water. Putin's photo, OTOH, was pure PR stunt - http://prverdict.com/putin-admits-hes-poser.

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
Come on, you know darn well what the difference is! Both American presidents posted here were photographed on vacations they took - not for PR, but because they, too, take vacations; that's why they have bare chests there - they are both coming out of the water. Putin's photo, OTOH, was pure PR stunt - http://prverdict.com/putin-admits-hes-poser.

What was there to PR for with ugly bare chest?:confused: And it was nothing flamboyant.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Hah spot on satire. :laugh:

Ps it always struck me hilarious how the most homophobic groups in Russia go around shirtless, hugging each other, giving piggy back rides and essentially emulating gay spring break.

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
How stereotypical you are! That's all I can say.

...Although that 1979 photo was quite something else ...That was not a normal greeting looks like, wasn't it?

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
How stereotypical you are! That's all I can say.

...Although that 1979 photo was quite something else ...That was not a normal greeting looks like, wasn't it?

Hah, weren't you the one essentially saying that LGBT people are defined by half-naked guys shamelessly baring themselves in public?

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
Hah, weren't you the one essentially saying that LGBT people are defined by half-naked guys shamelessly baring themselves in public?

You are confused. Those LGBT people are not only bare shoulders. They are wearing brief under wears, or female bare chest in a parade or a protest. Please tell me who would wear under wear or female bare chest in a parade or protest in order to show pride? Many men bare shoulders. Hug their friend on the shoulder. Not all of them are LGBT!

You want humor? Here you go:

http://scd.france24.com/en/files/element_multimedia/image/femen-2.jpg

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
You are confused. Those LGBT people are not only bare shoulders. They are wearing brief under wears, or female bare chest in a parade or a protest. Please tell me who would wear under wear or female bare chest in a parade or protest in order to show pride? Many men bare shoulders. Hug their friend on the shoulder. Not all of them are LGBT!

You want humor? Here you go:

http://scd.france24.com/en/files/element_multimedia/image/femen-2.jpg

At Caribana in Toronto, there are plenty of men and women who wear skimpy outfits and some even bare their chests or have outfits that pretty much do that, and it's for the purposes of showing Caribbean/black pride. But I am not so narrow minded to think a festival with minimal clothing (in summer, go figure!) is what defines black culture. Just as half-naked guys isn't what defines what it means to be gay.

Also, you make it sound like all gay people or even the majority of them are naked and baring their chests at Pride events, when nothing could be further from the truth. Before actually trying to characterize gay culture and what you think homosexuality actually is, maybe go to a Pride parade or see what queer groups are doing in your community. Talk to gay people and you'll find that many really don't have some "lifestyle" that's all too different from straight people. Educate yourself with firsthand experiences rather than parroting what religious extremists say or staunchly relying on whatever preconceived notions or prejudices you may have.

Not saying that you should change your mind, but at least free your mind.

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
At Caribana in Toronto, there are plenty of men and women who wear skimpy outfits and some even bare their chests or have outfits that pretty much do that, and it's for the purposes of showing Caribbean/black pride. But I am not so narrow minded to think a festival with minimal clothing (in summer, go figure!) is what defines black culture. Just as half-naked guys isn't what defines what it means to be gay.

Also, you make it sound like all gay people or even the majority of them are naked and baring their chests at Pride events, when nothing could be further from the truth. Before actually trying to characterize gay culture and what you think homosexuality actually is, maybe go to a Pride parade or see what queer groups are doing in your community. Talk to gay people and you'll find that many really don't have some "lifestyle" that's all too different from straight people. Educate yourself with firsthand experiences rather than parroting what religious extremists say or staunchly relying on whatever preconceived notions or prejudices you may have.

I did not mean to characterize all gay people into that. I was merely pointing out a large portion of them are like that. I know there are a lot of decent gay people, such as Brian Orser.

Obviously, my mind is free.

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
Educate yourself with firsthand experiences rather than parroting what religious extremists say or staunchly relying on whatever preconceived notions or prejudices you may have.

That was beautiful. And so true. :agree: