Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Whatever happend to...

Custom Title

Whatever happend to...

This is sort of a free for all post.

Marina Eltsova & Andrei Bukin (In Russia?) Are they invovled in coaching. I think they were the couple that had to stop skating because they couldn't afford to continue skating?

Elena Valova? I know she has a son, Roman, is she involved in coaching?

Eric Millot?

Claudia Listner?

Sort of a random listing

In the void
    Afaik Natalia Bestemianova skated with Andrei Bukin....

And Claudia Leistner married Stefan Pfrengle and coaches in Mannheim, Germany.

Rinkside
    Marina Eltsova skated with Andrei Bushkov. They had an official website at one time but I'm not sure if it's still around. Check the fan page section of this site. Last I heard they were looking for coaching jobs in the states but I don't know what their up to now.

I recall Totmianina mentioning that sometimes Valova helps Vasiliev when he needs a female perspective on a move.

Custom Title
    oops I meant Andrei Bushkov, thanks:o

That's nice that Elena is helping Oleg with T&M
    Last edited by lulu; 02-21-2004 at 02:45 PM.

Custom Title
    Eric Millot - probably works as a coach somewhere in France (at least I remember that I red something about that a few years ago).

Crazy Armchair Fan/Resident Nerd

Where Are These Guys Now?

-There was an Israeli men's skater by the name of Michel Shmerkin (sp?) who made a big impression at the Goodwill Games and the '98 Olys.

-There was an American skater at Skate America named Deanna Stellato, who IIRC had absolutely gorgeous spins the time I saw her.

-Guo Zhengxin (definitely sp?), who was the first real breakthrough of the Chinese men, and the first man to do two quads in one programme.

-Yulia Lawrenchuk, who along with Liashenko and Maniachenko was one of the trinity of Ukrainian ladies in the early '90s

-Laetitia Hubert of France

I realize this are kinda weird ones, but if anyone knows anything!

Keeper of Michelle's Nose berthes ghost's Avatar
    Stellato was injured badly and forced to quit young.

Everyone else, IIRC, has simply retired/turned pro. SOI is a small and privledge cast, but others live on in reviews like "Holliday on Ice", etc...

I had to laugh at Hubert though....she skated a least from Alberville to SLC, probably one of skating's longest eligable careers. Do you really expect to see her at 2004 worlds?

Custom Title
    Yulia Lavrentchuk - didn't she have some eating disorders after winning the bronze medal at 1997 Europeans and quit skating afterwards? I vaguely remember having red some time ago that went to Austria to work there as a coach.

Laetitia Hubert - I think she retired from single skating after Worlds in 2002 due to some ankle problems. Didn't she try pairs skating afterwards for a short time?

Custom Title
    Matt, Michael Shmerkin was representing Israel as recently as 2001-2002 season. He was involved in some dispute with Israeli federation which resulted in his decision to retire. After he placed 25th in the Europeans (and he had to place 10th in order to qualify for Olympics) he had to go through qualifiers in Zagreb. He qualified by placing 5th, but was not allowed to participate in the Olympics afterall. Why, I don't know. They ended up sending Sergey Kotov to the worlds, even though Shmerikin was the national champ. He was kind of pushing it in age so they most likely to give a chance to someone with a future.

Recent Stannik Jeanette problems with French federation actually reminded me of Shmerkin.

I assume he now coaches in Mettula - because unlike many other former Soviet skaters who represent different countries, he actually lives in Israel. I did a quick search and it seems he did some shows too.

Yana
    Last edited by STL_Blues_fan; 02-22-2004 at 11:29 AM.

Question

Anna Rechnio? Polish skater who came in second place after the short at Worlds, I believe, in 98, or in some competition around that time...???

On the Ice
    AFAIK Rechnio has gone on to other things...too bad because Polsnd certainly could use her

Guo skated as recently as 01-02 IIRC but ended bis career because of injuries and federation problems.

On the Ice

whatever happend to

Isabelle and Paul Duchesnay where they now

Eric Millot?

I thought I would bring up this post again since I found out what happened to Eric Millot?

He is currently coaching in the San Diego, CA. area.

Custom Title
    I heard that Paul Duschenay broke his face rollerblading down a steep hill and he couldn't stop. This was many years ago after the Duschenays turned pro and I think that they weren't able to skate pro events after that.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast