Anyone know Agnes Z's Plans? | Golden Skate

Anyone know Agnes Z's Plans?

skateluvr

Record Breaker
We did not see her FS and no one on NBC even mentioned her. For those in the arena, was her FS really that bad? I think she's so talented. She even points her toes in her 3x3's and I saw an exhibition skate that was lovely. I see no threads about her. Is she quitting? Should she? did USFS give her a pink slip? I know she was way down in the standings. Her family has sacrificed, and it might have been her in her bronze slot. I think she is not liked very much here. I am sure her sub par skating has lost her fans but the girl is talented. I think if I were her Mom, I'd be talking college, or specific skill/trade type training for a job in the near future.

I like Agnes. She is not an ice princess but her skating -practice anyway-shows how gifted she is. What will she do?

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I don't mind her at all, although she's not a top favourite of mine. A commentator said during one program in the fall (can't remember which one) that she had considered quitting but decided to keep going this season, so I'm thinking this MAY have been her last.. considering the result.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Oh, well I don't like how we did not se any snips of Flatt's skate. Her SP was lovely-underscored on PCS as always. She is more than a jumper. I also assume Zhang has been tossed. These two were US Champions, and Flatt a great 2 skates at Olympics. A little mentiom, or an announcement, like, This is Flatt's last skate with us. I don't like how the USFS and the crowd (I guesss- can anyone say who went?) just forget who Flatt was and her body of work in juniors. And Agnes has made bronze twice? or Thrice? And Caroline Zhang was their darling. Only Mirai is getting the love as she managed bronze. If she did poorly again, she would have been forgotten too.

If someone has been a champion, they deserve to be talked about, as their last Nationals. Esp. Flatt. USFS is throwing so many girls under the bus this year. More pink slips than a steel factory gone to China. Some respect for them would be nice!

noskates

Record Breaker
Agnes choked! There's no other way to put it. Her LP was a disaster and half way through it you could see it on her face! Zhang also did not do well. I don't know if it was a lack of a coach or what but she was only a shadow of the skater she used to be.

Rachel didn't do her best but the crowd was very appreciative of her and gave her a standing ovation with what was surely her last national competition. Nobody forgot who she was skateluvr and she really was given the homage she deserved. I"m sure she wanted to go out with a good skate but I think her studies at Stanford and her activities as a student there just did not give her the focus she needed to compete. But the crowd knew and they responded. Rachel is a very intelligent young woman and she has a bright future ahead of her. She'll be fine! She was a bit tearful, as one can probably imagine, but she was also smiling as she left the ice.

desertskates

Medalist
I know Agnes is enrolled in school, so that gives her options in life. My guess it that it's going to take her and her mom and long while to decide if she will continue. I would love to see her give it one more year to improve on this year's results and go out on a better note.

centerpt1

On the Ice
I would love to see Agnes somehow get the funding to continue. She has the jump ability, and is not unmusical. She does need the right coach and choreographer to bring out her innate elegance and strength.

USFS moved heaven and earth to get Gracie "ice princess" Gold to a suitable coach. Money and Beauty talks, unfortunately.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
USFS moved heaven and earth to get Gracie "ice princess" Gold to a suitable coach. Money and Beauty talks, unfortunately.

I don't think that's the case. Gracie is the most talented jumper we have had in a very long time. She has skated clean 7 triple LPs on a few occasions which makes it clear that her technique is solid. Agnes has potential and big jumps but is not nearly as consistent.