Pairs FS - 4CC 2014 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Pairs FS - 4CC 2014

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Tarah KAYNE / Daniel O SHEA (USA)

Music: Don Quixote by Leon Minkus

She's in tan and blue strapless dress. He's in black toreador costume w/ blue waist band

3Tw - crashy catch, he falls!
3S
3LoTh
FiDs
PCoSp
ChSq
2A+2A+SEQ
Li
3STh
Li
CCoSp
Li

Weird fall to start, but a great comeback delivering rest of the elements cleanly. She fistpumps! They could very well move in to 2nd...

FS: 62.23+58.17-1.00 = 119.40, 181.45, in 2nd overall

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Wow, that was a great comeback after that freak fall....way to get back into focus!

samson

Medalist
Well now I'm definitely a fan of Tarah and Danny. She has nice lines and they have such a great flare for the dramatic. I just feel like they're a really unique team and how great to find a team where both skaters have a flair for the dramatic. Bravo!

Other than the very crashy twist (he fell down) they had a great skate. Props to them for nailing everything else after falling on the opening element.

WOW 119.4 for an American team with a fall! And into second. They are thrilled, as they should be! I hope we get to see a lot more from this team in the future. They also got a 58.17 for PCS. Second highest of the night.

I think they'll benefit from more time together. They'll be able to find greater unison and more power. Once they really gel as a team I see a lot of potential for them.

samson

Medalist
Well, Samson it was great talking with me throughout this event. I'm really glad I had this talk. ;)

samson

Medalist
oh geeeeeeze somehow I missed this thread and started my own for pairs that went up after this one!

So I just had a long convo with myself covering the whole event. Whoop!

In any event, I especially thought the top two teams were great tonight. I'm not a fan of Tarah and Danny. They have such a wonderful flair for the dramatic and style that really gives them something unique. I hope we get to see them grow! If they managed to score a 119 here with a fall, I can only imagine what they might be capable of in the future. Well deserved.

Sui and Han were a delight too. As I said earlier in my "personal thread" I think this program was the perfect vehicle for them. Youthful and virtuosic. I look forward to seeing them grow.

Rough skate for Alexa and Chris. It was too bad. But now that their season is likely done they can focus on getting fully healed and coming back next season with real attack. Besides, a bronze medal at 4CC is certainly nothing to sneeze at.

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
I can add a couple of comments, if you'd like. ;)

Saw Purich & Tran's Life is Beautiful FD at Nationals this month and it was a nice program. They had a good start at Nationals, but then had a couple of falls and problems in the 2nd half of the program. Might have had a small chance of overtaking Lawrence & Swiegers there if they had skated cleanly since L&S had a couple problems of their own. It seems that P&T had a mixed result at this competition too.

Purdy & Marinaro are also fairly new to the Senior leagues, but can move up onto the podium in Canada down the road when D&R and M-T&M retire. Btw, Marinaro mentioned in one of those Skate Canada interview videos recently that he's been told that he looks like Craig Buntin, and it's true!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
oh geeeeeeze somehow I missed this thread and started my own for pairs that went up after this one!

So I just had a long convo with myself covering the whole event. Whoop!

In any event, I especially thought the top two teams were great tonight. I'm not a fan of Tarah and Danny. They have such a wonderful flair for the dramatic and style that really gives them something unique. I hope we get to see them grow! If they managed to score a 119 here with a fall, I can only imagine what they might be capable of in the future. Well deserved.

Sui and Han were a delight too. As I said earlier in my "personal thread" I think this program was the perfect vehicle for them. Youthful and virtuosic. I look forward to seeing them grow.

Rough skate for Alexa and Chris. It was too bad. But now that their season is likely done they can focus on getting fully healed and coming back next season with real attack. Besides, a bronze medal at 4CC is certainly nothing to sneeze at.

I was wondering why I didn't see you here. I missed you. :)

I agree with all your points. Weijing and Cong were absolutely delightful tonight, as was Tarah and Danny!

jazzee4

Rinkside
Don't worry samson, I was on your thread reading all of your posts and had no idea there was another thread either! :) You weren't alone!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I woke up for the last 3 teams; just missed Sui & Han. But it sounds like there will be videos! That program of Sciemca & Knierim has nothing in it at all between the tricks, perhaps because there was no time to fill it out because of their injury, but when the tricks failed, they dropped like a brick since there was nothing to hold up the PCS.

Congratulations to all though...competing at such an intense Nationals as US Nationals was this year, and then flying to Taipei for another competition is very, very taxing.

It was nice to see Amanda Evora in the Knc with the happy silver medalists.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I woke up for the last 3 teams; just missed Sui & Han. But it sounds like there will be videos! That program of Sciemca & Knierim has nothing in it at all between the tricks, perhaps because there was no time to fill it out because of their injury, but when the tricks failed, they dropped like a brick since there was nothing to hold up the PCS.

Congratulations to all though...competing at such an intense Nationals as US Nationals was this year, and then flying to Taipei for another competition is very, very taxing.

It was nice to see Amanda Evora in the Knc with the happy silver medalists.

It's Amanda Evora's year! Coaching one team to the silver medal at Nationals and an Olympic berth and another to the silver medal at 4CC. The last year has served her quite well. :)

samson

Medalist
hahahahah! aaaaaah you guys are so sweet!

Yeah I totally agree, Amanda is really hitting her stride! First Battle of the Blades and now her great success as a coach!

gold12345

Medalist
Sui/Han skated superbly and looked much better here than I remember seeing them this season. They did their full difficulty and nailed it here. For now, they seem to be managing fine with their smaller height difference. Certainly this is a complete turnaround from what they did at NHK, and they could have placed very well in Sochi with the way they performed at this event.

I felt for Scimeca/Knierim. Their SP was great, but they sort of unraveled in the LP. It's been quite an emotional week and a half for them, and they seemed to let the nerves get to them today. She, especially, looked quite nervous before the program started. They have a lot of potential and many great qualities, and they're going to get better with time. One thing they can learn from this is that even once the major elements don't go right, you can't get too deflated and you still have to hit the levels on the other elements. They lost some points on things like the death spiral. They need to get more used to competing while in strong medal contention, as this year has been different from their first season when they had no real expectations. But at least did enough for a medal, they did fight until the end of the program.

Kayne/O'Shea skated very well after that complete debacle on the triple twist. They haven't been very consistent in LPs this season and that fall really could have rattled them, but instead it seemed to do the opposite, and they ended up skating the rest of the program quite well.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Wow go Sui/Han!!! A real shame they will miss Sochi but there's still 2018.

Fun fact: they achieved the highest FS base value this season (and I think ever?). :clap:

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
:yay:Sui/Han. Finally redeemed themselves here. Technical difficulties aside, they are probably the only current Chinese skaters who CAN dance.
So sad they made this LP for Sochi and they cannot go.