Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Pairs FS - 4CC 2014

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    I woke up for the last 3 teams; just missed Sui & Han. But it sounds like there will be videos! That program of Sciemca & Knierim has nothing in it at all between the tricks, perhaps because there was no time to fill it out because of their injury, but when the tricks failed, they dropped like a brick since there was nothing to hold up the PCS.

Congratulations to all though...competing at such an intense Nationals as US Nationals was this year, and then flying to Taipei for another competition is very, very taxing.

It was nice to see Amanda Evora in the Knc with the happy silver medalists.

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    I woke up for the last 3 teams; just missed Sui & Han. But it sounds like there will be videos! That program of Sciemca & Knierim has nothing in it at all between the tricks, perhaps because there was no time to fill it out because of their injury, but when the tricks failed, they dropped like a brick since there was nothing to hold up the PCS.

Congratulations to all though...competing at such an intense Nationals as US Nationals was this year, and then flying to Taipei for another competition is very, very taxing.

It was nice to see Amanda Evora in the Knc with the happy silver medalists.
    It's Amanda Evora's year! Coaching one team to the silver medal at Nationals and an Olympic berth and another to the silver medal at 4CC. The last year has served her quite well.

Custom Title
    hahahahah! aaaaaah you guys are so sweet!

Yeah I totally agree, Amanda is really hitting her stride! First Battle of the Blades and now her great success as a coach!

BTW, Samson, I merged your thread into this one.

Custom Title
    Thank you Dorispulaski! Much appreciated!

Sui & Han's winning FS
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHh6Wdsq2kQ

The above youtuber is putting up other pairs FS, too.

Custom Title
    Sui/Han skated superbly and looked much better here than I remember seeing them this season. They did their full difficulty and nailed it here. For now, they seem to be managing fine with their smaller height difference. Certainly this is a complete turnaround from what they did at NHK, and they could have placed very well in Sochi with the way they performed at this event.

I felt for Scimeca/Knierim. Their SP was great, but they sort of unraveled in the LP. It's been quite an emotional week and a half for them, and they seemed to let the nerves get to them today. She, especially, looked quite nervous before the program started. They have a lot of potential and many great qualities, and they're going to get better with time. One thing they can learn from this is that even once the major elements don't go right, you can't get too deflated and you still have to hit the levels on the other elements. They lost some points on things like the death spiral. They need to get more used to competing while in strong medal contention, as this year has been different from their first season when they had no real expectations. But at least did enough for a medal, they did fight until the end of the program.

Kayne/O'Shea skated very well after that complete debacle on the triple twist. They haven't been very consistent in LPs this season and that fall really could have rattled them, but instead it seemed to do the opposite, and they ended up skating the rest of the program quite well.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Sui & Han's winning FS
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHh6Wdsq2kQ

The above youtuber is putting up other pairs FS, too.
    Thanks for posting this, Doris, and I'll watch for the others since I missed the live stream. I like this pair and it was a very good performance! It really is too bad they aren't going to Sochi. I mean, based on their music selection alone...

Custom Title
    Wow go Sui/Han!!! A real shame they will miss Sochi but there's still 2018.

Fun fact: they achieved the highest FS base value this season (and I think ever?).

Custom Title
    Sui/Han. Finally redeemed themselves here. Technical difficulties aside, they are probably the only current Chinese skaters who CAN dance.
    So sad they made this LP for Sochi and they cannot go.

Banned
    Did I miss something ? Sui/Han arent going bt Peng/Zhang are ?
    a shame since Sui/Han could place in Top 5 at best while P/Z wont

well they till have to worry about the growing little height difference
    she isn't done growing yet and could be a partnership ending
    height similarity is the biggest partnership ending cause in pairs, real pity

Custom Title
    Sui/Han lost to Peng/Zhang at several key events this season. Based on this performance, they can be better than Peng/Zhang, but this is also by far Sui/Han's best performances. I think they smashed their PB by 11 points or something like that.

Based on Euros, Voronov would be a better pick than Kovtun or Plushenko, but that was also an extreme PB and losing to both of them at Nationals cooked his chances (which unfortunately for him were pretty non-existent anyways no matter how well or consistently he skated).

Custom Title
    Sui/Han were great. Future world champions for sure. That quad twist was wow.
    Sui is 18, 19 this year. I think she's probably done with growing(last season's problems). I sure hope she won't, they go so well together. Anyhow, it doesn't seem to currently be a problem.

Rinkside
    I'm not so keen on Sui/Han's future. I'm more inclined for Yu/Jin and Wang Xuehan and Wang Lei (who skated in CoC). I just don't think that with Sui/Han's basics, they will do well in the future. They have less potential for growth than the other 2 Chinese junior/new senior teams who have taller male partners and more naturally artistic female partners.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by MUALover View Post
    I'm not so keen on Sui/Han's future. I'm more inclined for Yu/Jin and Wang Xuehan and Wang Lei (who skated in CoC). I just don't think that with Sui/Han's basics, they will do well in the future. They have less potential for growth than the other 2 Chinese junior/new senior teams who have taller male partners and more naturally artistic female partners.
    I actually thought their artistry was a huge improvement. They still look like kids, but they are developing much more refinement and maturity. I hope that they continue on, because they certainly push the envelope technically.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast