8. Germany
9. Great Britain
10. Ukraine

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I also believe Russia will win, with Plushenko being the deciding point so to speak.

Me too! :biggrin:

could you please sum up what's known so far? Like: Machida for the Men's Free?
Is it official that Reynolds will do the Free?
gosh... I feel like pasting my whole detailed points table with many * for "x points if A skates; y points if B skates"
So much depends on if/how much Kostner and Li skate... :bang:

Oh drat! I didn't realise they could change skaters between segments. :eek:

You are totally right with predictions being conditional on who actually skates. I've already changed my predictions since the starting order for the Men's SP and Pairs SP was announced yesterday.

And, if the starting order for the Ladies SP and Short Dance gets announced before skating starts today, I suspect I will be changing my predictions again!

This is a real mess the IOC have made of this event. I really hope that they don't hold it again... or at least don't hold it again using these rules!

Although there were some things I didn't like about the WTT (mainly that they should have had more than just 6 teams competing!), it was much better than this format!

Anybody else up for a 10 team event using the WTT format to be held towards the end of the Pyeongchang Olympics...? :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
My predictions

I definitely think Russia, USA and Canada will take medals... but in what order really depends on the skaters chosen and their form on the day

1. Canada
2. Russia
3. USA
4. Japan
5. Italy
6. China
7. France
8. Germany
9. Great Britain
10. Ukraine

Can't wait! Hope I find a live stream in time

Florencito

Medalist
1. Russia
2. Canada
3. USA
4. Italy
5. China
6. Japan
7. France
8. Germany
9. Great Britain
10. Ukraine

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
1 Russia
2 Canada
3 USA
4 Italy
5 Japan
(I'd have pages of "if... then..." to add, so I'll just keep it simple. :sarcasm: )

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Oops! I went into this thread this morning to post a warning telling you how long is left, and I ended up replying to a message and forgetting to post the warning!

THIS IS YOUR 45 MINUTE WARNING!

You have just 45 minutes to get your Predictions in before the start of the Team Men's SP!

Can't believe it is so close!!!

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I definitely think Russia, USA and Canada will take medals... but in what order really depends on the skaters chosen and their form on the day

That was the same problem I had. I definitely want Russia to win, but it's going to be close between those 3.

Can't wait! Hope I find a live stream in time

I have posted the BBC link, in this post in the TV Schedule thread. So, if it is not geo-blocked, you should be able to watch today's skating on it.

If it is geo-blocked, then there are the usual illegal streams of спорт-2. But, I'm not posting any links on here in case the forum gets in trouble. You know what the IOC are like! ;)

But, since you are in Denmark, if you have a dish pointing at Astra 28.2E, you should be able to receive the BBC channels on satellite. The tuning details are in this post

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Oh, what the heck.

1. Canada
2. Russia
3. USA
4. Japan
5. Italy
6. China

tulosai

Record Breaker
1. Russia
2. USA
3. Canada
4. Italy
5. Japan
6. China
7. France
8. Germany
9. Great Britain
10. Ukraine

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
The Warm-Up for Group 1 has just finished

So, I am afraid time is up for getting your predictions in.

Unfortunately, we haven't had any confirmation of entries for the Ladies or Dance yet, so the predictions are going to be carnage!

Well done to anybody who manages to do well! ;) :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

Sabrina

Record Breaker
Half of the short program is already over. Russia leads...Plushenko was at his best, but that's not enough for a final win in the men event, unless all the other boys get spooked. Honestly I don't know what happens to Chan. Hanyu was so damn good he may win in the end. I also hope Jason will be on the podium, as both skaters really perform when they are in the rink. Takahashi is also in the same league, but he may be too injured by a life in figure skating, and I doubt he has the power to go flawlessly. Going back to the team event, I think that Canada has to do well in the girls event, but I doubt Kaetlin could beat Julia. Russia is just too good now. In dance, Canada is above Russia, but that may be not enough. It is also interesting how well will Plushy do in the LP...

Last edited:

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
1. Russia
2. Canada
3. U.S
4. Japan
5. Italy
6. China
7. France
8. Germany
9. Britian
10. Ukraine

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Everyone should have gotten it right. When one breaks down the teams it was pretty obvious that was the only possible outcome pretty much. I had previously though Canada, Russia, and U.S were all very close, but once I did my rough event by event breakdown I saw that wasnt the case at all by the points system.

bekalc

Record Breaker
I got everything right but 9th and 10th. I thought did a breakdown of all the personal bests, and that showed me that Italy was stronger than Japan.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Will this be scored soon? The team event ended 4 days ago....

Ah! With everything that has been happening this past week, I forgot all about the Team round of the Predictions Game! :eek::

As the other scorers have been doing so much so far, and since I don't want to take up any more of their time during the Olympics, I'll do this one myself.

After all, there's no sports on that I want to watch tomorrow morning, so I'll have plenty of time to do it then.

Sorry again, it had completely gone out of my head.

CaroLiza_fan