Good Grief!!/Really Good Lessons/Practices, 2/24-3/2 | Golden Skate

Good Grief!!/Really Good Lessons/Practices, 2/24-3/2

Y

Yazmeen42skater

Good Grief!!/Really Good Lessons/Practices, 2/24-3/2

Good Grief: Where were my feet the first five minutes this morning? I couldn't seem to do a thing. Its like I left them in the car!

Goody, Goody: Once my lesson started, my feet (and skates) joined back in. Got the entrance edge on the waltz jump better and worked on keeping the weight in the right place on the two foot spin. Both programs are in decent shape, so that's a relief. I have time now to finesse them before the competition on the 8th. I'll perform the footwork program in an exhibition at Mercer on the 4th just to "road test" it and get it out in front of an audience before the comp.

Happy skating everyone!!!

S

sk8er1964

Lessons & Practices

Good Grief - Everything. So down with this stupid injury.

Goody Goody - Fixed the end of the program so I'm not doing my combo spin in the boards.

Sorry to be such a downer.....

Y

Yazmeen42skater

Ouch!

sk8ter1964: Are things getting better with the injury? I know its still bothering you quite a bit, but I hope you're healing. (((((((((hugs to you))))))))!!!!

Good Grief: Nothing skating wise, just lousy weather tripping my asthma and my sinuses. We're all invoking the weather Gods for the competition at Mercer on the 8th, because if it doesn't happen that day, it doesn't happen. They close for the season on the 9th. (Its a semi-outdoor rink in a State Park).

Golly good gumdrops: Elements and both programs went swimmingly today!!! Best I've ever skated all of them. Finally have a good entrance edge on the waltz, spiral is sharp and two foot spin is better. I finally skated the footwork program to my own satisfaction after we made some arm changes on the mohawk half flip series and the pinwheels. Whew, Coach says I'm ready, and I think I agree.

Otherwise, toe loop, salchow and waltz/toe are still with me, and I made progress on the one foot spin today. Got the leg around better and with each try and I inched toward more than two revolutions. I'm finally getting the hang of keeping the free foot out before I bring it in.

More snow tonight and tomorrow, sigh, ick...

S

sk8er1964

Lots of Gumdrops

This morning I was very down in the dumps. Thanks for the hugs, Yazmeen.

Went skating today and LANDED 5 AXELS!!! Count them - 5! With no real pain. The lutz hurt a bit, as did the flip, but the axel had no pain! And they were beautiful, IMO :D .

OK - so I'm a bit geeked about the axels - with Sectionals just 2 days away I'm glad to know that at least I can try it in my program without fear of breaking something. Assuming it remains ok.....

L

Lanechka

Re: Good Grief!!/Really Good Lessons/Practices, 2/24-3/2

Good Grief - We stil worked on 3 turns. I'm going insane.

Really Good - I'm back on the ice after a week of being sick as a dog! Yay! I was having withdrawal.