Top 10 pairs?? | Golden Skate

Top 10 pairs??

rain

Record Breaker
Okay, we've done mens and ladies, how about top 10 pairs? Here are my picks in no particular order:

Shen/Zhao
Totmianina/Marinin
Zhang/Zhang
Langlois/Archetto - I have my fingers crossed
Marcoux/Buntin
Pang/Tong
Petrova/Tikhonov
Zagorska/Suidek
Obertas/Sokolov
Inoue/Baldwin

A good performance could also put Putnam/Wirtz in the top ten

dewet

Final Flight
rain said:

Obertas/Sokolov
Actually, it's now Obertas and Slanov.

1.Shen/Zhao
2.Totmianina/Marinin
3.Petrova/Tikhonov
4.Pang/Tong
5.Zhang/Zhang
6.Marcoux/Buntin
7.Langlois/Archetto
8.Zagorska/Siudek
9.Obertas/Slanov
10.Inoue/Baldwin

Shen and Zhao
T&M
Pang and Tong
Zhang and Zhang
Petrov and Tikhanov
Orcher and Lucash
Langois and Archetto
Obertas and Slanov
Innoue and Baldwin
Zagorski and Saudek

The top two are easy. Third place is wide open. the top ten in the proper order is also difficult.

Just my thoughts.

Joe

lulu

Final Flight
Here are my predictions...

1. Shen & Zhao
2. T&M
3. Petikhs(Petrova & Tikhanov)
4. Pang & Tong
5. Either Obertas/Slavnov(if they skate flawlessly) Z&S, or the Zhangs
8. L&A
9. I&B

brenlynn

On the Ice
Joesitz said:
Shen and Zhao
T&M
Pang and Tong
Zhang and Zhang
Petrov and Tikhanov
Orcher and Lucash
Langois and Archetto
Obertas and Slanov
Innoue and Baldwin
Zagorski and Saudek

i love the fact that you put O&L so high :love: I totally think they are capable of such a finish. They are much more consistent then a lot of the other teams they are up against. They just always seem to get hosed at competitions but the judges. At Nats, they clearly were robbed in the SP and I think in the LP as well. At 4CC they definetly were robbed in the SP. I am just hoping the judges will treat them with respect!

Hi brenlyn - O&L are the only team that is not focusing on the 'baletoc' style but moving in the direction of originality in style. I dig it and expect them to be contenders in future Worlds, and maybe the 2006 Olys.

They were sooo goood at Nats.

Joe

Matt

On the Ice
Here Goes Nothin'....

1. Shen/Zhao CHN
2. Totmianina/Marinin RUS
3. Pang/Tong CHN
4. Petrova/Tikhonov RUS
5. Langlois/Archetto CAN
6. Zagorska/Siudek POL
7. Zhang/Zhang CHN
8. Obertas/Slavnov RUS
9. Inoue/Baldwin USA
10. Orscher/Lucash USA or Berankova/Dlabola CZE

galka

Rinkside
1. Shen/Zhao CHN 2. Totmianina/Marinin RUS 3. Pang/Tong CHN 4. Petrova/Tikhonov RUS 5. Langlois/Archetto CAN 6. Zagorska/Siudek POL 7. Zhang/Zhang CHN 8. Obertas/Slavnov RUS 9. Inoue/Baldwin USA 10. Orscher/Lucash USA or Berankova/Dlabola CZE
It quite agree

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
1. Shen/Zhao
2. Totmiannina/Maranin
3. Pang/Tong
4. Petrova/Tikhinov
5. Zhang/Zhang
6. Langlois/Archetto
7. Zagorska/Siudek
8. Marcoux/Buntin
9. Inoue/Baldwin
10. Obertas/Slavnov

brenlynn

On the Ice
Orscher & Lucash added a 3flip throw to their SP, if they can pull that off I think they may shake things up a bit, provided of course they skate the rest of the sp and the lp well.

brenlynn said:
Orscher & Lucash added a 3flip throw to their SP, if they can pull that off I think they may shake things up a bit, provided of course they skate the rest of the sp and the lp well.

If I remember correctly, he screwed up his triple toe at Worlds, but otherwise I had them in first place. Not putting down I&B whom I considered the best last year but did not develop as much as I thought they should. It's nice to think the americans are coming back in Pairs. That throw 3 flip should move them up in the standings. Go O&L.

Joe

brenlynn

On the Ice
Joesitz said:
If I remember correctly, he screwed up his triple toe at Worlds, but otherwise I had them in first place.

Joe

garrett seems to struggle a lot with his 3toe quite a bit, he was having a lot of problems with it at 4CC. hopefully it'll be okay at worlds this year, that is the only consistent tech. problem i see with them.

thisthingcalledlove

Final Flight
1. Shen/Zhao CHN
2. Totmianina/Marinin RUS
3. Langlois/Archetto CAN
4. Petrova/Tikhonov RUS
5. Pang/Tong CHN
6. Zagorska/Siudek POL
7. Zhang/Zhang CHN
8. Berankova/Dlabola CZE
9. Obertas/Slavnov RUS
10. Marcoux/Buntin CAN

I really don't think any of our pairs have the potential to even crack the top ten...

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Re: Re: Top 10 pairs??

dewet said:
1.Shen/Zhao
2.Totmianina/Marinin
3.Petrova/Tikhonov
4.Pang/Tong
5.Zhang/Zhang
6.Marcoux/Buntin
7.Langlois/Archetto
8.Zagorska/Siudek
9.Obertas/Slanov
10.Inoue/Baldwin [/B]
I agree with this list.

Antilles

Medalist
1. S&Z
2. T&M (Ithink they'll give S&Z more of a run than previous years though)
3. P&T (Russia)
4. P&T (China)
5. Z&Z
6. L&A
7. O&S
8. Z&S
9. Marcoux & Buntin
10. Inoue & Baldwin

ouridol

On the Ice
I am just hoping that Shen/Zhao, Annabelle and Patrice, Zhang/Zhang, Pang/Tong do well. :) I am also rooting for Rena/John, the only US pairs team I've liked seen since Kyoko and John. We'll let the judges decide the rest. :D

brenlynn

On the Ice
i heard from garrett (lucash) the other day -- got an update from that pair at least :laugh: they have been having great practices of their long consistently and their coach was really pleased. but, one of them got sick so they had a bit of a setback. one week till they leave :eek: i am getting so nervous for him and katie!

brenlynn - They'll be fine. A little nerves go along way in a positive way. The main thing is that they makea statement. That's important in anyone's first Worlds.

Joe

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I do hope O&L have worked a lot on their lifts, which at Nationals left a lot to be desired. Until they do, there are a lot of judges that will mark them low. They are kind of the reverse of Zagorska and Siudek who were marked high solely on their really good lifts.
Lifts are like the Ladies SP double axel. You can't miss it and do well, because absolutely everybody else in the top 20 can do the trick. If you can't, and consistently can't, you will be undervalued.
And IMO this is what keeps happening to O&L, and it is a shame, because there is much to like in their programs, particularly their SP choreography and their throw triple flip. He is never steady under her, always having minor trips and oscillations, like he is going to drop her any minute, and he did drop her at Nat's.

dpp