Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Best reactions when skaters have just finished their performances or scores are up

Custom Title

Best reactions when skaters have just finished their performances or scores are up

Performance itself is the most enjoyable part of FS. But I also love skaters' reactions when they nails everything or almost and have just finished their performances. Or when the scores and placements are up :-) Fistpumping, crying of joy, screaming... Whatever.
    It makes me so happy and excited!

My pick among recent ones is Jason Brown's reaction at US Nats this year, when the score was up! He was so cute.
    And the reaction of Sarah Meier at 2011 Euro (which was held in SWITZERLAND and her last competition) was just priceless.

What are your favourites?

In 1998 I was rooting for Michelle Kwan, but I couldn't deny Tara Lipinski her moment.

http://figureskatersonline.com/news/...04-200x300.jpg

Banned
    #1 Akiko Suzuki hopping on the ice after her FS at Japanese Nationals, 2013.

Think of everything she went through in her life and career to achieve that moment and finally win the national championship. I've seen twitter posts and statements from the likes of Miki Ando and Fumie Suguri ... Miki announced her final skate and said she wanted to just fly out there, it was touching ... Fumie Suguri says she cannot retire until she has the skate of her life and can fly out there on the ice ...

Akiko achieved all of that, and then some. And then she was hopping on the ice, and it gets me emotional every time.

#2 for me would be Yuna after winning OGM in Vancouver. So much relief for her to finally accomplish her dreams. Unbelievable amount of pressure she was under.

I only give Akiko the nod because it was so unexpected, and her last chance.

I go with Tara.
    http://i899.photobucket.com/albums/a...psf802e6b1.jpg
    I can still hear that scream and feel it traveling down my spine into a hallowed out hole of "what just happened?"
    No, I have actually come to terms with it and Tara did have one of the best reactions ever.
    It is actually kind of funny how it all worked out. Tara got her OGM and Michelle got her own legendary status as the most decorated skater in US history, leaving behind a gold medal count that no one will be able to repeat for a long time, if ever.

Custom Title
    Megan duhamel starts to analyze right Away! One moment in particular it was "100 with 2 falls..."

Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    Megan duhamel starts to analyze right Away! One moment in particular it was "100 with 2 falls..."
    I'm pretty sure she was starting to analyze as soon as she and Eric got out of the ending pose once. lol. Felicia Zhang and Nathan Bartholomay were pretty happy after their US Nats FS.

Rinkside
    My favorite Moment of reaction is narumi takahashi and mervin tran's after winning bronze at worlds 2012
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQfz...e_gdata_player

I also really like mao's unbelieving face when winning her first world title in 2008 after completly missing her opening axel, but nailing the rest of the program!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NK9R...e_gdata_player

Rinkside
    My favorite was and always will be is Rudi Galindo 1996 Nationals. It was his moment. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0lH9mg_...%3D0lH9mg_ZneA

Custom Title
    Plushy after his 2012 Euros LP - the triumph... and the pain:

http://web.icenetwork.com/images/201...8/DYilL6yL.jpg

Rinkside
    For the Ladies
    Best reaction right after ending pose: Yuna Kim 2010 Olympics - what a magical moment. Her reaction after her 007 routine was all about business and this one she finally broke down and cried. You could just feel all her pressure melting off of her.
    Best reaction when the scores came up: Hands down, Tara Lipinski 1998 Olympics. People half way around the world heard that scream
    Best reaction when seeing the coach: Michelle Kwan 1998 Olympics - i think everyone cried - "omg frank..."
    Best reaction after final skater: Sarah Hughes 2002 Olympics - actually Ill give it to her coach
    Best reaction after a meltdown skate: Nancy Kerrigan 1993 Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by Skatingfan1 View Post
    My favorite was and always will be is Rudi Galindo 1996 Nationals. It was his moment. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0lH9mg_...%3D0lH9mg_ZneA
    Oh, gosh, this still gives me goosebumps. I was 13 when I first watched it live. Never gets old.

Custom Title
    I just like a big wide joyous smile. The other stuff makes me cringe.

Custom Title
    Shen and Zhao - 2010 Olympics
    Tara Lipniski -- 1998 Olympics
    Julia Lipnitskaia -- 2014 Euros
    Totmianina and Marinin -- 2005 Nationals (I believe that was their first competition after their fall) - but after they finish skating was so sweet

Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    I just like a big wide joyous smile. The other stuff makes me cringe.
    I agree with you there... No matter how much I like a skater, certain displays of joy make me cringe. Kissing the ice, macho grunts, fist-pumping, etc.

I remember Massimo Scali weeping after their FD in 2004, I believe. Faiella just sat there calmly trying to console him. I'm not sure why he had such tears of joy. The program, as usual with F&S standard, was lovely, but Massimo acted like he just skated Bolero and won the gold.

Yuna after her free skate at 2013 Worlds. A bunch of people blasted her for not going into hysterics, claiming she looked "bored", but I loved her big wide smile and matter-of-fact reaction, but of course. She did briefly clasp her hand over her mouth in surprise, but that was all.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast