Thread: Team Competition -- Who will win what medals?

Hybrid View

Boycott the ISU

Team Competition -- Who will win what medals?

I can't seem to find any information on who's likely to medal in Team Competition.

Who are the favorites?

Miserere Nobis
    Gold -- Canada
    Silver -- Russia
    Bronze -- USA

More or less: more is more sequinsgalore's Avatar
    Yeah, Russia, USA and Canada are medal favorites, but it's hard to predict how they stand in relation to each other before the make up of the teams are announced.

Is it for sure than Patrick Chan will not skate twice in the team event? I think Canada still has the edge with Chan, Virtue and Moir, ttwo strong pairs teams and pretty good lady.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Is it for sure than Patrick Chan will not skate twice in the team event? I think Canada still has the edge with Chan, Virtue and Moir, ttwo strong pairs teams and pretty good lady.
    Oh, this would be good to know if Chan and V/M both plan on doing both segments. The pairs will likely be split, and women's should be Osmond for both segments. I'm guessing Chan would want to do both segments if he wants to secure a gold, as Reynolds is a rather significant question mark.

I agree with Canadianskaterguy about the U.S. men. I think we have already decided where Castelini and Snapir will reasonably land, so they are in a great position. If they do better than expected, they are the heros. If they don't. oh well.

Davis and White will get 1 or 2, the ladies will chug into the station pretty much as expected. But will Jeremy Abbott score 90 in the short program or 70?
    Last edited by Mathman; 01-27-2014 at 09:01 PM.

Tripping on the Podium
    I think it will be

Gold - Russia
    Silver - Canada
    Bronze - USA

Japan may have an outside chance for a bronze.

I think Russia will have a lot of momentum and may get a hometown boost in scores.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by Danibellerika View Post

Japan may have an outside chance for a bronze.
    Japan's going to have a hard time even making it to the free skate. Russia, Canada, and USA are locks for making the freeskate and I think Italy will make it too. I used to think France would be the other country but I'm not so sure anymore. It could be China now that Zijun's back to normal. Japan's pair and ice dancers can beat the Ukrainians but I don't know if they can beat anyone else so that would be just 4 points there. Both their singles skaters probably need to win the SP for Japan to have any chance of making the free.

Tripping on the Podium
    Their singles are very strong though and didn't a pairs team medal recently? How many countries can advance to the final?

Custom Title
    Five, I think.