Ladies FS - 2014 4CC | Page 15 | Golden Skate

Ladies FS - 2014 4CC

mskater93

Record Breaker
Sorry Mirai didn't place higher, but I hope she's in a good place to regroup and come back stronger next season, with Mura as her coach. I hope she can go to Worlds, if Gracie, Ashley or Polina pull out, but that seems unlikely.
If she's going to skate like that, I hope not, that would put the US in a big hole to start the new quad if the other two on the team don't deliver....

breathesgelatin

Final Flight
True. I'm hoping that after the extremely low attendance at this event that the next time it is the year for the event to be held in Asia, it will be held in a city where people actually come to figure skating events. The Japanese have an amazing love of figure skating and I've seen how many letters Japanese fans send to our skaters here in Canada. So the ISU should keep that in mind the next time they are looking to hold an event in that area of the world.

According to Wikipedia, 4CC's are scheduled to be held in Seoul in 2015 and Taipei again in 2016. Don't know how accurate that is though. :confused:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Continents_Figure_Skating_Championships

Selene

On the Ice
Murakami was fabulous. Her speed, jumps (aside from the ugly lutz/flip take offs), spins and presentation were all fantastic.

Miyahara was overscored. How did she get any positive GOE for jumps that barely left the ice? The judges are too generous in giving inflated positive GOE to small jumpers like her and Lipnitskaia, imo.

As for the US girls, Courtney was the only one who impressed me. Her skating is still clunky, but she may be the best female jumper in the world. She gets such massive spring on her jumps. Her lutz, flip and salchow were textbook. She just needs to fix her 3-3. With the power she has, I don't understand why she often struggles to rotate the 3T.

MeaganSkater

On the Ice
Like honestly not surprised the American/Canadian skaters struggled here considering the tight time frame & time change, wasn't expecting anything amazing.

Pretty sure this is the last we will see of Amelie Lacoste competitively. I was there at Nationals & it was pretty emotional for her.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Ya, after watching Miyahara's video, I do feel her jumps do not deserve the GOE scores she got. Julia's "small" jumps are much much better than Miyahara's, and to be honest, Julia's take offs are pretty smooth.
Through Miyahara's whole skate, I have a feeling that her boots are so heavy and are made of magnetics and the ice is a big chunk of iron that pulls her boots all the time.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Courtney is an interesting skater. I personally like "stick figure" type of female skater; but I don't think her lines are worse than Midori Ito, or even Yuka. Somebody please correct me if I am wrong.

noskates

Record Breaker
I think Courtney is just very athletic at this point and maybe with time and good choreography will improve on her presentation. She's sure a jumping bean though. I dont' know what to say about Mirai. I just don't think she was in a good place after US Nats - understandable, but she had a chance to prove she could still compete on an elite level. It WAS hard for the US and Canadian skaters to have to travel so soon after their Nationals. Even a few more days might have made a difference.

Frankly I'm questioning the existence of 4 CCs at all at this time of year.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Courtney's PCS higher than Samantha's... please tell me that it's not true! :bang:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Ya, after watching Miyahara's video, I do feel her jumps do not deserve the GOE scores she got. Julia's "small" jumps are much much better than Miyahara's, and to be honest, Julia's take offs are pretty smooth.
Through Miyahara's whole skate, I have a feeling that her boots are so heavy and are made of magnetics and the ice is a big chunk of iron that pulls her boots all the time.

I totally agree, although I have always said the COP need to look what is a jump more carefully not in a tick list system but more of quality, if it is too much outside the level playing field then it doesn't satisfy the sporting performance aspect of the sport (distance, height, power, speed etc.) and smaller skaters will always be more favoured.

Anyway, I have posted some cutes spam from 4CCs at Zijun' fan thread, lots of nice after competition pictures with all the skaters, check them out.

chloepoco

Medalist
I think Satoko's skating is just beautiful! For one so young, she skates with such maturity. I'm going to enjoy watching her develop even further in the coming years!

Figure 8's

On the Ice
Three Japanese Ladies in the top four. And some want Mirai to skate for Japan? Why? Her chances will not be any better there. Some Skaters do not move forward and get left behind. I am afraid Mirai is one of them.

NMURA

Medalist
Imai is always hit or miss. Murakami won't continue long. If Mirai wants to compete for Japan, it would be better than USA where she is completely out of favor with the federation. With her own popularity in Japan, sponsors are not difficult to find. Even Daisuke Murakami has one.

wonderlen3000

Final Flight
Julia's program wasn't better at all. Julia only deserved higher marks for CH and only narrowly, the idea that Julia has better edges and power than Kanako is ridiculous.

ITA. The Russian federation is trying hard to make sure one Russian lady will be on the podium and i'm sure they will do everything they can to make it happen. Maybe another Salt Lake incident waiting to happen? who knows? Julia may have harder jumps content, but they are no where near the like of Kim or Garacie 3+3.

wonderlen3000

Final Flight

how old is Miyahara? I'm curious if she will grow any taller when she hit puberty. Then bye bye her tiny jumps. If she is doesn't grow any taller, she may be one of the shortest female skater to hit the ice...

BusyMom

Medalist
Imai is always hit or miss. Murakami won't continue long. If Mirai wants to compete for Japan, it would be better than USA where she is completely out of favor with the federation. With her own popularity in Japan, sponsors are not difficult to find. Even Daisuke Murakami has one.

Imai and Miyahara are both lacking of star power. Since the next best thing will be the Honda's siblings (they are super adorable), Japanese fed might need Mirai now more than ever.