Ladies FS - 2014 4CC | Golden Skate

Ladies FS - 2014 4CC

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Okay I am really excited with this one. I guess being the competition of the underdogs, it can go every which way, as the top are not that far apart.

Will the top 3 remain the same? Will there be a surprise? How will Mirai do? She really has nothing to lose at this point. A relaxed Mirai with no pressure can 'sometimes' provide unsuspecting result?

I am really looking forward to ZiJun's Coppelia which I think can suit her more than her SP, but then good for the girl to try something new and brave new changes. How will the Americans recover from under performance? Will the Korean newbies readying for their Olympics?

Hope the arena fit more crowd due to the weekend factor. This arena has bigger capacity than the Sochi Olympic arena (15k vs 12k), so if they can fill even 1/3rd of the arena, I'd be impressed already. In anycase, good luck ladies, let the competition end on a good note before the BIG ONE!!!!

Starting Order

http://www.isuresults.com/results/fc2014/SEG004.HTM

1 Crystal KIANG TPE 19 36.30
2 Tae Kyung KIM KOR 18 38.91
3 Ami PAREKH IND 17 41.10
4 Reyna HAMUI MEX 21 32.49
5 Lejeanne MARAIS SA 20 32.62

Warm-Up Group 2

6 Alaine CHARTRAND CAN 15 52.14
7 Brooklee HAN AUS 14 52.55
8 Kexin ZHANG CHN 12 54.49
9 Ziquan ZHAO CHN 13 53.82
10 Alisson Krystle PERTICHETO PHI 16 47.81

Warm-Up Group 3

11 Amelie LACOSTE CAN 10 55.19
12 Veronik MALLET CAN 11 55.08
13 Mirai NAGASU USA 9 55.39
14 Courtney HICKS USA 7 56.36
15 So Youn PARK KOR 8 55.91

Warm-Up Group 4

16 Hae Jin KIM KOR 5 57.48
17 Zijun LI CHN 2 62.84
18 Samantha CESARIO USA 6 57.40
19 Haruka IMAI JPN 3 62.72
20 Kanako MURAKAMI JPN 1 64.73
21 Satoko MIYAHARA JPN 4 60.27

Current standing results

s_parks

Record Breaker
woah, bigger than the olympic arena? i didn't realize it was that huge.
I'm really excited for zijun's program too! Yeah, coppelia suits her more than a tango at the present moment.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
woah, bigger than the olympic arena? i didn't realize it was that huge.
I'm really excited for zijun's program too! Yeah, coppelia suits her more than a tango at the present moment.

I am actually surprised how small the Sochi Iceberg Palace arena is. It state only fit 12,000, while The Pacific Coliseum (Vancouver) fit 16,000+

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taipei_Arena

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iceberg_Skating_Palace

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacific_Coliseum

tulosai

Record Breaker
I have a feeling the top three are going to stay as the final top three;)

I don't share this feeling, but we will see. Only about 7 points separates 2 and 3 from 'everyone else'... one big mistake could make a big difference.

Gigi13

On the Ice
Nope. I just have a weird feeling.

But i do believe in my heart that Zijun will do well.

I hope Zijun does well(I want her on that podium! haha but really I'm praying...) and I have a feeling there will be an asian sweep just like the mens but I could be wrong...

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I just heard second hand that Mirai said she was sick with a virus during the short....if true, I hope she feels better...
Me? I am checking into the old folks home....the ISU says the Ladies free starts at 12:25 pm local and google says it is 12:24 local in Taipei...maybe there are two Taipeis?

cjuarez

Rinkside
Excuse me could someone provide a link to watch this?Thank you very much:bow:

Last edited:

Coriana

On the Ice
X sport will have it, but not live. See the hot Blades Hot Passion site for times. I think it said 18.00 (time wherever)
The horrible Chinese sites are working very, very badly.

lilshorty

On the Ice
Me? I am checking into the old folks home....the ISU says the Ladies free starts at 12:25 pm local

I'm with you. I have nothing to do in the morning, but I worked late all this week and it's (lack of rest) finally catching up with me. Looking forward to reading the commentary posted here from you guys and seeing/watching the results of the ladies fs in the morning!

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
I just heard second hand that Mirai said she was sick with a virus during the short....if true, I hope she feels better...
Me? I am checking into the old folks home....the ISU says the Ladies free starts at 12:25 pm local and google says it is 12:24 local in Taipei...maybe there are two Taipeis?

Taipei time is 12.45pm right now, 100% accuracy :)

Mirai is ill again! Uhmmm... long flights does take long toll on the physique... sigh! She flew from Japan to the US then flew to Taipei in the space of 1 week? No wonder!