Results 1 to 15 of 58

Thread: What will it take for Yuna Not to Win OGM in Sochi

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,379

    What will it take for Yuna Not to Win OGM in Sochi

    There is no doubt Yuna is still the favorite for the Olympic Gold and she has her results, experience and reputation to back her up
    just for the record, I admire Yuna as a strong competitor in ladies singles and her incredible consistency
    but what are the "If" scenarios that Yuna might lose amongst the other ladies for the OGM

    Yuna usually is good in SP
    her FS usually she doesn't have huge errors, a mistake if there is less than two-three
    usually some step outs and 1 fall but still it would take for the other ladies to skate lights out/clean to be ahead of Yuna
    2014 Olympics has more depth than 2010 where in Vancouver it was basically a 1-2 skater vying for gold and silver
    you have others now who can also win gold you have Mao and Gracie who can challenge Yuna
    then others who can sneak in the podium or even higher medal color Carolina, Akiko, Julia, Adelina, Kanako

  2. #2
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    There is no doubt Yuna is still the favorite for the Olympic Gold and she has her results, experience and reputation to back her up
    just for the record, I admire Yuna as a strong competitor in ladies singles and her incredible consistency
    but what are the "If" scenarios that Yuna might lose amongst the other ladies for the OGM

    Yuna usually is good in SP
    her FS usually she doesn't have huge errors, a mistake if there is less than two-three
    usually some step outs and 1 fall but still it would take for the other ladies to skate lights out/clean to be ahead of Yuna
    2014 Olympics has more depth than 2010 where in Vancouver it was basically a 1-2 skater vying for gold and silver
    you have others now who can also win gold you have Mao and Gracie who can challenge Yuna
    then others who can sneak in the podium or even higher medal color Carolina, Akiko, Julia, Adelina, Kanako
    3 Triple Axel Clean Mao + 1 Fall from Yuna for her not to win OGM.

  3. #3
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    208
    Quote Originally Posted by UnChosen View Post
    3 Triple Axel Clean Mao + 1 Fall from Yuna for her not to win OGM.
    .......and Russian Skating Politics! If the Pairs' Scandal of 2002 had occurred in Russia, would there have been a correction involving the awarding of two gold medals? (After 2014 U.S. Nationals, I'm dubious of USFSA politics!)

  4. #4
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,000
    disabling injury; her plane is hijacked so she can't make it to the Olympics; someone steals her skates; she falls in practice and has amnesia, forgetting how to skate; she has to skate while dealing with a severe case of the flu; the olympics is called off

  5. #5
    Custom Title ahy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    332
    Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    disabling injury; her plane is hijacked so she can't make it to the Olympics; someone steals her skates; she falls in practice and has amnesia, forgetting how to skate; she has to skate while dealing with a severe case of the flu; the olympics is called off
    lol

  6. #6
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2,040
    Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    disabling injury; her plane is hijacked so she can't make it to the Olympics; someone steals her skates; she falls in practice and has amnesia, forgetting how to skate; she has to skate while dealing with a severe case of the flu; the olympics is called off

  7. #7
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    249
    Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    disabling injury; her plane is hijacked so she can't make it to the Olympics; someone steals her skates; she falls in practice and has amnesia, forgetting how to skate; she has to skate while dealing with a severe case of the flu; the olympics is called off
    Basically, it will be some tragic happens to the world for Yuna not to win gold

  8. #8
    Miserere Nobis
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Texas Darling
    Posts
    1,529
    Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    disabling injury; her plane is hijacked so she can't make it to the Olympics; someone steals her skates; she falls in practice and has amnesia, forgetting how to skate; she has to skate while dealing with a severe case of the flu; the olympics is called off
    You forgot the apocalypse.

    I kid, I kid. May the best lady of the night win, fair and square.

  9. #9
    #TeamAUS
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    1,424
    Its going to take a disaster of a FS to lose it. She should win. She is the best. It's not Russia's time for Gold- maybe in Pyongchang 2018

  10. #10
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    518
    Quote Originally Posted by GF2445 View Post
    Its going to take a disaster of a FS to lose it. She should win. She is the best. It's not Russia's time for Gold- maybe in Pyongchang 2018
    Kind of ironic. Korean wins gold in Russian and Russian wins gold in Korea.

  11. #11
    Six Point Zero Krislite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Yunaverse
    Posts
    1,548
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFish View Post
    You forgot the apocalypse.

    [...]
    The skate gods would hold off the apocalypse until after the medal ceremony.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,147
    Quote Originally Posted by UnChosen View Post
    3 Triple Axel Clean Mao + 1 Fall from Yuna for her not to win OGM.
    This. End of thread.

  13. #13
    - * - blue_idealist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,766
    If Mao goes clean in both programs and Yuna doesn't (even one mistake), Mao will probably take it.

  14. #14
    Custom Title Franklin99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    If Mao goes clean in both programs and Yuna doesn't (even one mistake), Mao will probably take it.
    I think a clean Mao will win over a clean Yuna this go around. Not so much in 2010.

  15. #15
    Six Point Zero Krislite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Yunaverse
    Posts
    1,548
    Quote Originally Posted by Franklin99 View Post
    I think a clean Mao will win over a clean Yuna this go around. Not so much in 2010.
    Depends on what we mean by "clean". Mao needs more than to simply stay on her feet. No UR's, no step-outs and no two-footing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •