What will it take for Yuna Not to Win OGM in Sochi | Golden Skate

What will it take for Yuna Not to Win OGM in Sochi

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
There is no doubt Yuna is still the favorite for the Olympic Gold and she has her results, experience and reputation to back her up
just for the record, I admire Yuna as a strong competitor in ladies singles and her incredible consistency
but what are the "If" scenarios that Yuna might lose amongst the other ladies for the OGM

Yuna usually is good in SP
her FS usually she doesn't have huge errors, a mistake if there is less than two-three
usually some step outs and 1 fall but still it would take for the other ladies to skate lights out/clean to be ahead of Yuna
2014 Olympics has more depth than 2010 where in Vancouver it was basically a 1-2 skater vying for gold and silver
you have others now who can also win gold you have Mao and Gracie who can challenge Yuna
then others who can sneak in the podium or even higher medal color Carolina, Akiko, Julia, Adelina, Kanako

UnChosen

On the Ice
There is no doubt Yuna is still the favorite for the Olympic Gold and she has her results, experience and reputation to back her up
just for the record, I admire Yuna as a strong competitor in ladies singles and her incredible consistency
but what are the "If" scenarios that Yuna might lose amongst the other ladies for the OGM

Yuna usually is good in SP
her FS usually she doesn't have huge errors, a mistake if there is less than two-three
usually some step outs and 1 fall but still it would take for the other ladies to skate lights out/clean to be ahead of Yuna
2014 Olympics has more depth than 2010 where in Vancouver it was basically a 1-2 skater vying for gold and silver
you have others now who can also win gold you have Mao and Gracie who can challenge Yuna
then others who can sneak in the podium or even higher medal color Carolina, Akiko, Julia, Adelina, Kanako

3 Triple Axel Clean Mao + 1 Fall from Yuna for her not to win OGM.

Eddie Lee

On the Ice
3 Triple Axel Clean Mao + 1 Fall from Yuna for her not to win OGM.

.......and Russian Skating Politics! If the Pairs' Scandal of 2002 had occurred in Russia, would there have been a correction involving the awarding of two gold medals? (After 2014 U.S. Nationals, I'm dubious of USFSA politics!)

Icey

Record Breaker
disabling injury; her plane is hijacked so she can't make it to the Olympics; someone steals her skates; she falls in practice and has amnesia, forgetting how to skate; she has to skate while dealing with a severe case of the flu; the olympics is called off

ahy

Final Flight
disabling injury; her plane is hijacked so she can't make it to the Olympics; someone steals her skates; she falls in practice and has amnesia, forgetting how to skate; she has to skate while dealing with a severe case of the flu; the olympics is called off

lol

lavender

Record Breaker

:laugh:

nguyenghita

On the Ice

Basically, it will be some tragic happens to the world for Yuna not to win gold :laugh:

ForeverFish

Medalist

You forgot the apocalypse. ;)

I kid, I kid. May the best lady of the night win, fair and square.

GF2445

Record Breaker
Its going to take a disaster of a FS to lose it. She should win. She is the best. It's not Russia's time for Gold- maybe in Pyongchang 2018

volk

Final Flight
Its going to take a disaster of a FS to lose it. She should win. She is the best. It's not Russia's time for Gold- maybe in Pyongchang 2018

Kind of ironic. Korean wins gold in Russian and Russian wins gold in Korea.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Missing her 3-3 in the short program and popping two jumps in the long.

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
I don't think she can afford to miss her 3-3. They are her money jumps and earn the most GOEs for her.

Second that,
There are a bunch of women who have been scoring around 70 for the SP and can pass 130 in the FS,
If she's at her best she's the best though, Unless we're in for a surprise from someone,
I would argue that a killer competition from either Asada or Gold, Who go for higher TES in their FS might be enough
Not sold on the Russians, But whichever one competes better will get a boost i assume.