Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: What will it take for Yuna Not to Win OGM in Sochi

Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jenaj View Post
    Yu Na will probably arrive by her own private jet. Or by one provided by South Korea (or a sponsor).
    I was wondering about that option for her before I read your post.
    So for the purposes of this thread, she is fortunate that the possibility of lost skates will not be a concern for her.

But it has proven to be a real concern for other skaters who must take commercial flights to competitions.

Tripping on the Podium
    I'm in the minority here but I don't think Yuna is the best skater. IMHO I think Mao is much more graceful and presents a more beautiful package on the ice. Yes Yuna does 3-3s but in the musicality and grace depts. Mao has quite an edge.

Quote Originally Posted by Jo1 View Post
    I'm in the minority here but I don't think Yuna is the best skater. IMHO I think Mao is much more graceful and presents a more beautiful package on the ice. Yes Yuna does 3-3s but in the musicality and grace depts. Mao has quite an edge.
    We're all entitled to our opinions but ...

Mashimaro on Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by RABID View Post
    We're all entitled to our opinions but ...
    Lol no need to laugh at others' opinions. You may think Yuna is queen, but not everyone does.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by miki88 View Post
    Lol no need to laugh at others' opinions. You may think Yuna is queen, but not everyone does.
    Exactly.

Some of the people on this forum have issues with opinions that don't align with theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystallize View Post
    Exactly.

Some of the people on this forum have issues with opinions that don't align with theirs.
    Well, there are opinions and then there are ... opinions.

Custom Title
    Well, there are opinions and then there are ... opinions.
    Like Yuna being Queen?

Like Yuna being Queen?
    Or, that Mao's musicality and grace is not only better but far better than YuNa's. That is what was implied. I'm sorry, but that is laughable. But if you want to debate it, go ahead. I'm all ears.

Custom Title
    Or, that Mao's musicality and grace is not only better but far better than YuNa's. That is what was implied. I'm sorry, but that is laughable. But if you want to debate it, go ahead. I'm all ears.
    Well, personally, Mao's got the edge with better programs. And I'm not gonna debate my opinions. Musicality and grace are not factual anyway. It is your opinion that it is laughable, which is fine. Unlike you, I can live with other people's opinions. They don't affect me at all. Sorry if that bothered you.

Custom Title
    This has been discussed so many times already.. Some prefer Yuna, others Mao. Personally I admire both skaters and Mao has improved a lot since Vancouver, but I still prefer Yuna's graceful skating. To me it's not about her beautiful, huge jumps, it's about her musicality and artistry! But as I said, I really like both skaters, and I cannot even imagine what it will be like next season when they have retired...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Sara View Post
    This has been discussed so many times already.. Some prefer Yuna, others Mao. Personally I admire both skaters and Mao has improved a lot since Vancouver, but I still prefer Yuna's graceful skating. To me it's not about her beautiful, huge jumps, it's about her musicality and artistry! But as I said, I really like both skaters, and I cannot even imagine what it will be like next season when they have retired...
    There will be a void, but it'll be filled, eventually... Life goes on, so does figure skating. That sounds completely depressing (lol), but it's not like we won't see them anymore. I'm sure they'll skate in shows and stuff. If only professional comps were still around. And you never know, one of them might stick around or even make an appearance for 2018.

Exactly.

Agree. Some ubers take things to seriously and get so aggressive about people's opinion when is not necessary. Opinions=subjective

Banned
    Just a hunch, but Yuna will probably do an exhibition and/or light the torch at the opening ceremonies in Pyeongchang 2018.

If she wins OGM it would be cool to see her involved in the closing ceremonies in Sochi, when they do the traditional hand-off to Pyeongchang as well.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4