Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Will You Watch All Olympic Events or Just Figure Skating?

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar

Will You Watch All Olympic Events or Just Figure Skating?

I probably will be tuned into the skating for the most part, but I will watch highlights from some of the other events. The CBC always does an awesome job of covering the Olympics and other sports events. I am sure they will do a great job of covering the Sochi Olympics.

Outdated Old Dinosaur
    All of them. I'm an Olympics junkie.

Columnist
    I have a priority list of course.

FS, Snowboard, Ice Hockey, Alpine, Nordic / Biathlon, Curling etc.

But I always watch everything, I am a sports junky and not so much bound to a specific athlete or competition. I watched every single event of the London 2012 after I came back from the actual Olympics - in full length

And if there is a catch up feature for Sochi, then I will do the same again.

Custom Title
    I am an Olympic junkie who will watch almost anything in winter. I will have reading at hand so I don't murder my TV over all the commercials.

I'll watch quite a bit of other sports, primarily ski jumping, cross country, biathalon, short & long track speed skating, Shaun White, luge, bobsled.

100% skating I think, I'm not really interested in any other Winter Olympics discipline...

“Our blade takes us in the most amazing places.” skatingfan4ever's Avatar
    I love the Olympics and usually get totally drawn into whatever sport is on. But, I wouldn't mind watching only figure skating. The thing is, NBC shows bits and pieces of figure skating interspersed with many other sports. So, I pretty much have to watch whatever else airs in primetime to finish watching figure skating. The old broadcasting trick of airing the best stuff last certainly works in my case.

I'm watching only figure skating however I'm missing the original broadcast of the Olympics because of college but I'll watch it over again online when I come home...

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA CaroLiza_fan's Avatar
    Apart from figure skating, my favourtie winter sport is ski jumping. So I will definitely be watching both the Men's and Women's competitions, along with the jumping phase of the Nordic Combined (I don't really like cross-country skiing, so I never watch that half of the Nordic Combined).

Over the past few weeks, I have been watching a bit of the women's alpine skiing, and the women's biathlon. But, given the schedule of the Olympics, I don't know if I will have time to watch these as well.

Although I don't know much about snowboarding, I will probably watch the women's slopestyle as well, as there is a Northern Irish girl competing in it!

So, along with Jenna, that's 2 girls from Northern Ireland definitely competing in Sochi!!! And, although it has not been confirmed yet, there will probably be a third girl in the alpine skiing!!!

For a country as small as ours, three competing at a Winter Olympics is a big achievement!!!

CaroLiza_fan

On the Ice
    Skeleton for sure, and maybe some curling and ice hockey matches.
    Ski jumping will be also something I'd like to watch.

Custom Title
    I'm not primarily a figure skating fan, so I'll watch just about everything I have the time to watch.

Custom Title
    Will watch as much as I can!

Looking forward to hockey, freestyle skiing (moguls and aerials), curling, and of course figure skating. But some of the other ones are really exciting to watch like short track speed skating. There's something more thrilling about the winter olympic racing events... ice makes it that much faster.

The most impressive ones to me are the skiiers, like the sheer core strength and control to go downhill like that is amazing... they remind me of pairs skaters when they land throws.

Custom Title
    I watch everything except hockey and curling. Figure skating is my favorite, bit I also love short track.

Custom Title
    All disciplines of figures skating (of course!); ski jumping; the downhill (scares the heck out of me but I can't resist); all slaloms; bobsled; luge; all snowboarding events. Winter Olympics have always been my favorite, probably because I grew up in the northeast USA and loved sledding, ice skating (on big puddles, ponds, swamps, rinks, wherever). I'm hoping Dick Button will get some interviews throughout the skating coverage (like he did in Vancouver). IMO, it's not the winter olympics w/o Uncle Dickie.

Tripping on the Podium
    1. figure skating -as much as possible- (especially Ladies' singles!)
    Time permitting: Short track (medal finals), ski jumping and curling (finals and decisive matches only).
    That's all

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast