Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Asada's mishap hurts Japan's medal hopes

Medalist

News Asada's mishap hurts Japan's medal hopes

Banned
    Yeah it was a shame, Japan's chances at Bronze are pretty much gone now. Mao really needed to win the SP.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    It's shame that Japan's Pair team is awful and their Dance is weak. Mao can not be blamed for TEAM Japan losing the medal.

Banned
    WHATEVER

maybe if pairs and dance could inject one iota of quality into their programs, mao wouldn't have to carry the burden of their crappy skating

Custom Title
    Yeah with their dance and pair, team Japan didn't really have any shot at medal to begin with. Even if Mao had won ladies SP, I don't see team Japan could medal overall.

Custom Title
    I feel the triple axel is both Asada's greatest strength and weakness. She relies too much on it. Thank goodness she took one out of her FS, though the 8-triple program is pretty crazy.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lilahozi View Post
    I feel the triple axel is both Asada's greatest strength and weakness. She relies too much on it. Thank goodness she took one out of her FS, though the 8-triple program is pretty crazy.
    did she? people have been saying she's landed the 3a perfectly in practices over and over. i really hope this isn't her conceding defeat, she needs to fight for her progrgam because it's a winner if she skates clean. it's a shame the japanese media is giving her such a hard time over it, she really doesn't need this cloud on her head going into the individual.

in other news, where does goldenskate house its servers, in the heated butthole of satan? jeez

Custom Title
    ^Practice and competition are two different matters.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lilahozi View Post
    ^Practice and competition are two different matters.
    no way tell me more

Quote Originally Posted by hyperinflation View Post
    in other news, where does goldenskate house its servers, in the heated butthole of satan? jeez
    THIS. This forum was completely inaccessible yesterday, and I can only imagine what it will be like during the ladies competitions.

Custom Title
    I feel this article was a little harsh by pinning it on her, it kind of makes it sound like it's Mao's fault that Japan is out of the hunt when the team was a long shot to begin with Hopefully the Japanese-language media is taking on a different tone.

Rinkside
    How do I watch the team skate? I watch the skaters, and pay little attention to the scores. I hope the judges score fairly, but we all do our own scoring, in our heads. That's the only score I really care about. If one person drags down the whole 'team', so be it.

Custom Title
    I don't think Japan not winning a medal in the team event was or will be all mao's fault. Really even if she was first the problem is the dance and pairs teams really can't compete. In order for them to win bronze they needed team USA to have a couple of blunders like Jeremy so had Wagner fallen and placed sixth or seventh and the pairs from the STates lost another position an d Canada beat the US in dance those kind of things would be more helpful and realistic. It didn't . In the last three events the worst scenario for the Us and hten it wold be a fluke 4th, 5th and 2nd and Japan's best would be two firsts and 5th. In short, they couldn't do it even if you added 2 or 4 more points. They just didn't have the ammunition.

Custom Title
    This is not Mao's fault Japan lost bronze hopes. They don't have decent pairs and ice dance teams.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    It's shame that Japan's Pair team is awful and their Dance is weak. Mao can not be blamed for TEAM Japan losing the medal.
    Just to be clear, I agree with you. It's certainly not all on Mao's shoulders.

I was just saying that it was a shame, because the ONLY chance they had would be to dominate the individual events. Whatever outside chance they had at bronze is now gone.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast