Who will skate in the team event | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Who will skate in the team event

hyperinflation

Match Penalty
Machida is skating the LP for Japan.

oh for gods sake, this just makes me even more annoyed at chan. easy ten points for canada and will make up for a weak ladies' showing. if katelyn does better than expected, i hope he seriously re-evaluates. with hanyu skating the way he is, i really do think a team gold is more likely than an individual one at this point. the team event isn't solely reliant on him not headcasing whereas the individual is. and we all know how that story ends

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
oh for gods sake, this just makes me even more annoyed at chan. easy ten points for canada and will make up for a weak ladies' showing. if katelyn does better than expected, i hope he seriously re-evaluates. with hanyu skating the way he is, i really do think a team gold is more likely than an individual one at this point. the team event isn't solely reliant on him not headcasing whereas the individual is. and we all know how that story ends

Machida is scoring in 170+ in LP almost all this season
so to say he is easy for Chan is a joke

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
People who underestimate Machida will be in for a uncomfortable surprise. I hope Japan advances to the free. :)

bobbob

Medalist
Canada will easily win silver even if they use both weapo and reynolds. U.S is no threat at this point. They would actually probably lose alot more points using Reynolds than they would using weapo. There is a good chance France wont even make the Team Final, and if that is the case Wepo arguably would be likely to finish in exactly the same position as V&M in the 2nd round- 2nd. Yeah V&M could finish 1st over D&W, or W&P could finish 3rd or even 4th with I&K and C&L, but the most likely outcome for both teams in the 2nd round would in fact be 2nd place for either. W&P easily beat C&L at the Grand Prix final so I dont see what would be different here, and even in Russia I&K would have to skate cleanly to beat a typical W&P whch they hardly ever do in the FD. Chan meanwhile would be likely to win the 2nd round (Plushenko is far less likely to get through a really strong long, and Machida will lose to Chan on PCS unless Chan really struggles) and Reynolds would be extremely likely to come 4th behind all of Japan, Russia, U.S.

Why the hell would Canada use Weaver/Poje and Kevin Reynolds? Weaver and Poje would definitely lose to any Russian team just because of the home field advantage and its a tossup between them and C/L. And Kevin Reynolds could place anywhere from 2nd to 5th in the free skate, while Chan would pretty much lock up 1st place.

hyperinflation

Match Penalty
Why the hell would Canada use Weaver/Poje and Kevin Reynolds? Weaver and Poje would definitely lose to any Russian team just because of the home field advantage and its a tossup between them and C/L. And Kevin Reynolds could place anywhere from 2nd to 5th in the free skate, while Chan would pretty much lock up 1st place.

because chiddy is a delicate flower who needs to rest for the individual event

like he's not an elite athlete who trained four years for these games rme

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
uhhhh no, they've said over and over they want to skate the fd

where are you getting your consistently wrong information from because i assume it's down south

the southern hemisphere :rolleye:
anyways D/W should easily beat V/M in the FD, their FD has glaring technical flaws
might even lose to a clean I/K , C/L or P/B

bobbob

Medalist
the southern hemisphere :rolleye:
anyways D/W should easily beat V/M in the FD, their FD has glaring technical flaws
might even lose to a clean I/K , C/L or P/B

V/M will no way lose to a clean I/K, C/L, or P/B. At the GPF, they beat P/B by 10 points and C/L by about 17 in the free skate alone. All three teams were clean. I/K didn't even qualify. D/W will probably win, though that is not so much because V/M have "glaring technical flaws".

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
V/M will no way lose to a clean I/K, C/L, or P/B. At the GPF, they beat P/B by 10 points and C/L by about 17 in the free skate alone. All three teams were clean. I/K didn't even qualify. D/W will probably win, though that is not so much because V/M have "glaring technical flaws".

watch their TES box
they wont be getting as generous scores here. they arent skating in inflated home ice ground
some overextended, botched lifts and some dance restart request from Moir wont cut it this time

a dirty FD by V/M should be lower than the bests of I/K , C/L or P/B
this isnt some ordinal 6.0 anymore that you need stacking
V/M should be far away from the podium a possible if that happens

wonder if Diva Voir heads will explode ? I can already picture crying we were cheated
ala the deplorable Pairs Sale/Pelettier

gmyers

Record Breaker
The pcs advantage is so huge though! Doesn't matter where. Their base in pcs is 9.50! THe goe is rarely under +3. The goe and pcs points are basically a whole other step sequence in value!!

Big Deal

Final Flight
Dear sky_.
You are quickly loosing your sociable credibility with the WAY of expressing your too emotional points of view...
Better to reconsider it (not your opinion, but the style of its expression)!
Our only duty from now on to sit back and enjoy THE SHOW :)

zamboni step

Final Flight
watch their TES box
they wont be getting as generous scores here. they arent skating in inflated home ice ground
some overextended, botched lifts and some dance restart request from Moir wont cut it this time

a dirty FD by V/M should be lower than the bests of I/K , C/L or P/B
this isnt some ordinal 6.0 anymore that you need stacking
V/M should be far away from the podium a possible if that happens

wonder if Diva Voir heads will explode ? I can already picture crying we were cheated
ala the deplorable Pairs Sale/Pelettier

You really are something else, and I thought how you spoke of Adelina was bad. Scott Moir can be a bit of an idiot sometimes but that doesn't give you the right to totally attack both of them like this and drag S/P into this again. V/M are never going to lose to the other teams that aren't D/W, you keep saying things such as "Gracie will win at EVERYTHING with her fast skating skills, hollywood star good looks and powerful jumps." But it doesn't, Gold hasn't made the GPF yet, Hanyu's best world medal is a bronze and Julia doesn't get higher PCS than Sotnikova.

You need to accept your favourite skaters' flaws, if you can't do that then you are no true fan. Being a fan means saying "Yes, skater x needs to work very hard on some blemishes in their skating, but I still love and admire the other qualities they possess." Not just steamrolling over those claiming they were robbed of the best PCS because of their attractiveness and spins.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
You really are something else, and I thought how you spoke of Adelina was bad. Scott Moir can be a bit of an idiot sometimes but that doesn't give you the right to totally attack both of them like this and drag S/P into this again. V/M are never going to lose to the other teams that aren't D/W, you keep saying things such as "Gracie will win at EVERYTHING with her fast skating skills, hollywood star good looks and powerful jumps." But it doesn't, Gold hasn't made the GPF yet, Hanyu's best world medal is a bronze and Julia doesn't get higher PCS than Sotnikova.

they way some articles are pressing V/M will be cheated reeks of S/P ala 2002 SLC

and you really think its still some ordinal placings do you ?

a World bronze for Yuzu doesnt mean he has no shot of OGM
mind you he has beaten Chan in 2 head to heads in a row now
same goes for Gracie and Julia they have a shot at ladies medal

their disparity and a possible glaring botches from V/M should now way they should be held up
that itself they will be shooting their own foot and they should lose if that happens if I/K, P/B or C/L skate lights out

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
You can't think of Hanyu's chances at the Olympics just considering his bronze medal from 2012. At the FS he had the highest TES at the WC, both in 2012 and 2013. And he developed his style a lot since then. He is the only one who beat Chan this season. He fell at the 4S and still had a higher score at the FS than Chan, who skated without mistakes. Also, Yuzuru seem to be very confident at the SP, where Chan had some problems at the GPF too.
And sorry for the off topic.

hyperinflation

Match Penalty
You can't think of Hanyu's chances at the Olympics just considering his bronze medal from 2012. At the FS he had the highest TES at the WC, both in 2012 and 2013. And he developed his style a lot since then. He is the only one who beat Chan this season. He fell at the 4S and still had a higher score at the FS than Chan, who skated without mistakes. Also, Yuzuru seem to be very confident at the SP, where Chan had some problems at the GPF too.

yep

if i were a betting man i'd put money on hanyu over chan right now

Kinga

Medalist
Does anyone know if Adelina backed off the team event herself, or was just excluded by RF? Does anyone know how she feels about it?

zamboni step

Final Flight
they way some articles are pressing V/M will be cheated reeks of S/P ala 2002 SLC

and you really think its still some ordinal placings do you ?

a World bronze for Yuzu doesnt mean he has no shot of OGM
mind you he has beaten Chan in 2 head to heads in a row now
same goes for Gracie and Julia they have a shot at ladies medal

their disparity and a possible glaring botches from V/M should now way they should be held up
that itself they will be shooting their own foot and they should lose if that happens if I/K, P/B or C/L skate lights out

My point is that you predict things all the time that don't come true and act like you are the wise sage who can see the future. Just watch and enjoy instead of claiming nothing is as it should be if the future isn't the one you predicted.

That wasn't my point, my point was Sky_Fly acts like this battle has already been won and that Hanyu is the most decorated men's skater around, he isn't. She always has these ridiculously inflated claims about the skaters she likes and it comes across as false and can sometimes be offensive to other skaters.

LRK

Record Breaker
Does anyone know when the participants in the pairs' free will be announced? Immediately after the ladies' short - or when? I suppose the teams must have chosen their pair, even if it hasn't been announced. It must be a rather odd feeling for some of them, not knowing if they will be even skating a free today or not, depending on whether their team makes it into the free. (Which is why I think it's rather odd scedulling to have one of the free skates the same day as some of the short.)

hyperinflation

Match Penalty
Does anyone know when the participants in the pairs' free will be announced? Immediately after the ladies' short - or when? I suppose the teams must have chosen their pair, even if it hasn't been announced. It must be a rather odd feeling for some of them, not knowing if they will be even skating a free today or not, depending on whether their team makes it into the free. (Which is why I think it's rather odd scedulling to have one of the free skates the same day as some of the short.)

the way things have been going, they usually announce who's skating the day before