Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Who will skate in the team event

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvia451 View Post
    You can't think of Hanyu's chances at the Olympics just considering his bronze medal from 2012. At the FS he had the highest TES at the WC, both in 2012 and 2013. And he developed his style a lot since then. He is the only one who beat Chan this season. He fell at the 4S and still had a higher score at the FS than Chan, who skated without mistakes. Also, Yuzuru seem to be very confident at the SP, where Chan had some problems at the GPF too.
    And sorry for the off topic.
    yep

if i were a betting man i'd put money on hanyu over chan right now

Edgy Details
    Does anyone know if Adelina backed off the team event herself, or was just excluded by RF? Does anyone know how she feels about it?

Best comeback EVOR! zamboni step's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    they way some articles are pressing V/M will be cheated reeks of S/P ala 2002 SLC

and you really think its still some ordinal placings do you ?

a World bronze for Yuzu doesnt mean he has no shot of OGM
    mind you he has beaten Chan in 2 head to heads in a row now
    same goes for Gracie and Julia they have a shot at ladies medal

their disparity and a possible glaring botches from V/M should now way they should be held up
    that itself they will be shooting their own foot and they should lose if that happens if I/K, P/B or C/L skate lights out
    My point is that you predict things all the time that don't come true and act like you are the wise sage who can see the future. Just watch and enjoy instead of claiming nothing is as it should be if the future isn't the one you predicted.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvia451 View Post
    You can't think of Hanyu's chances at the Olympics just considering his bronze medal from 2012. At the FS he had the highest TES at the WC, both in 2012 and 2013. And he developed his style a lot since then. He is the only one who beat Chan this season. He fell at the 4S and still had a higher score at the FS than Chan, who skated without mistakes. Also, Yuzuru seem to be very confident at the SP, where Chan had some problems at the GPF too.
    And sorry for the off topic.
    That wasn't my point, my point was Sky_Fly acts like this battle has already been won and that Hanyu is the most decorated men's skater around, he isn't. She always has these ridiculously inflated claims about the skaters she likes and it comes across as false and can sometimes be offensive to other skaters.

Custom Title
    Does anyone know when the participants in the pairs' free will be announced? Immediately after the ladies' short - or when? I suppose the teams must have chosen their pair, even if it hasn't been announced. It must be a rather odd feeling for some of them, not knowing if they will be even skating a free today or not, depending on whether their team makes it into the free. (Which is why I think it's rather odd scedulling to have one of the free skates the same day as some of the short.)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LRK View Post
    Does anyone know when the participants in the pairs' free will be announced? Immediately after the ladies' short - or when? I suppose the teams must have chosen their pair, even if it hasn't been announced. It must be a rather odd feeling for some of them, not knowing if they will be even skating a free today or not, depending on whether their team makes it into the free. (Which is why I think it's rather odd scedulling to have one of the free skates the same day as some of the short.)
    the way things have been going, they usually announce who's skating the day before

Forever stuck on those steps Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zamboni step
    Being a fan means saying "Yes, skater x needs to work very hard on some blemishes in their skating, but I still love and admire the other qualities they possess."

As strange as it might sound, but I think Chan kind of "owns" it to his team to skate the LP now. I thought it was understandable he just wanted to do the SP before due to his OGM chances in the individual, but after his mistakes in the LP gave Russia a lead for now, I feel a little different. I wouldn't call him selfish or anything if he doesn't want to do the LP, but I think he should.
    Russia has the lead now, but they might be more vulnerable in the LPs than it looks now. Plushenko nailed his SP (and deserves a lot of respect for that), but it's tough to say how he might manage with a whole LP. He could definitly loose to Chan and Machida, and maybe even Brown if he skates like he did at Nats. That could be up to 3 points Chan could gain for Canada alone. I&K could fall behind France and it's again 2 to 3 possible points for Canada. S/K did so well at Europeans, but I have no idea how they'll handle the pressure. Ladies is the weak link, sure, but Osmond should manage top 5 today, maybe even 4th/3rd if Kostner/Wagner don't deliver, and if France or China with Zhang make the LPs, she should be 4th there (maybe even 3rd if Gracie has problems with handling the pressure of being the last to skate to get her team the bronze medal). If Reynolds does the LP though, they're chances are going down a lot.

Meanwhile, I really want Japan to get the Team bronze, but I really want Ashley to do well today and proof everyone who insulted and attackted her after Nats wrong. Need more medals because of too many deserving athletes

Edit: Forgot that Kostner will be skating for Italy. I'm still stock in thinking with Marchei here ^^"

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinga View Post
    Does anyone know if Adelina backed off the team event herself, or was just excluded by RF? Does anyone know how she feels about it?
    I think Adelina may have been the victim of the limited substitutions rule. V/T are favourites to win gold - so logically they didn't want to skate the LP since the pairs event is right after the Team. And in ice dance Russia desperately wants a medal but they don't have a clear frontrunner, they need to give both B/S as well as I/K the chance to get positive momentum and buzz before the individual event.

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LRK View Post
    Times below are in Sochi local time

- February 8th, 2014 - 21:40 h
    Nomination by name of the skaters participating in the Pair Skating Free Skating Team Event

- February 9th, 2014 - 10:00 h
    Nomination by name of the skaters participating in the Men, Ladies and Ice Dance Free Skating/Free Dance Team Event

ETA:
    The SP for the individual discipline of Pairs is on Tuesday, Feb 11. Scheduling the Pairs FS for the team event for today (instead of tomorrow) gives the skaters an interval of two days before they compete again, instead of only one day.

I'm disappointed, I wanted to see V/T this evening.

Custom Title
    Do we have a list of the participants in the ladies free skate tmrw?

Custom Title
    Everything pointing towards Kevin Reynolds tomorrow. CBC showed him in their figure skating preview for tomorrow, along with Kaetlyn and Virtue/Moir.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by kresslia View Post
    Everything pointing towards Kevin Reynolds tomorrow. CBC showed him in their figure skating preview for tomorrow, along with Kaetlyn and Virtue/Moir.
    No! Please skate Patrick!

skating philosopher
    A surprise to nobody:

U.S. Figure Skating
    ‏@USFigureSkating
    We are proud to officially announce that @Meryl_Davis and @CharlieaWhite, @GraceEGold and @jasonbskates will skate in today's Team Event!
    10:01 PM - 8 Feb 2014

Yay Riverdance tomorrow (today)!

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Team Men - Free Skating
    Starting Order

1 PARKINSON Paul Bonifacio ITA
    2 BROWN Jason USA
    3 REYNOLDS Kevin CAN
    4 PLYUSHCHENKO Evgeny RUS
    5 MACHIDA Tatsuki JPN

Team Ladies - Free Skating
    Starting Order

1 OSMOND Kaetlyn CAN
    2 GOLD Gracie USA
    3 SUZUKI Akiko JPN
    4 MARCHEI Valentina ITA
    5 LIPNITSKAYA Yulia RUS

Team Ice Dance - Free Dance
    Starting Order

1 REED Cathy / REED Chris JPN
    2 GUIGNARD Charlene / FABBRI Marco ITA
    3 ILINYKH Elena / KATSALAPOV Nikita RUS
    4 VIRTUE Tessa / MOIR Scott CAN
    5 DAVIS Meryl / WHITE Charlie USA

Custom Title
    I kind of think skaters like Abbott, Brown, Reynolds, the American pairs, should be especially grateful and realize how lucky they are because especially in the case of Reynolds they are so lucky to get a medal considering their world placements and they normally would not challenge for a medal. Poor Weaver and Poje bronze medal potential contenders individually but they won't skate in the team event probably . the medal placements are pretty well decided now at this point. Plushy can only fall to fifth no lower. there is sufficient gap betwee the teams the results would be almost impossible to change.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast