Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Thread: Who will skate in the team event

On the Ice
    They should make the free skate points "10, 8, 6, 4, 2" instead of "10, 9, 8, 7, 6" so the free skate could be more important than the short. Now, it almost seems like the short is more important. (it does)

Banned
    why don't we ever spell plushenko's name right, there's a y and c in there we always leave out

They should make the free skate points "10, 8, 6, 4, 2" instead of "10, 9, 8, 7, 6" so the free skate could be more important than the short. Now, it almost seems like the short is more important. (it does)
    you should be employed by the isu

or not because that idea makes a lot of sense

Custom Title
    I should clarify. Reynolds is fifth from last year but has not skated internationally this year and he is unlikely to beat any Japanese or both American men not to mention the re emergence of the czech boys and he will be hard pressed to beat both French and Yan is now on the scene. and in comparison to his teammates Weaver and Poje they probably will only watch their teammates win silver. first, only one of the two can skate for Canada at this point maybe some of those lucky skaters should buy drinks or nice gifts or do some random of acts of kindness. Sure they did skate and that does help the team but let's face it they are really lucky to be getting a medal wheras it is still psosible that Joubert and Kostner could end up with no medal. But life isn't fair and fair is really in the eye of the beholder.

Banned
    i'm too lazy to do the math properly but is there any way canada wins the gold? if kevin scores 2 points over plushy (lol yeah right) AND if katelyn scores 2 points over yulia (hahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaha. ....... ok) AND if v/m score 2 points over i/k (not the hell freezing over possibility of the other two, but still unlikely), that's the only way canada wins gold right?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbob View Post
    V/M will no way lose to a clean I/K, C/L, or P/B. At the GPF, they beat P/B by 10 points and C/L by about 17 in the free skate alone. All three teams were clean. I/K didn't even qualify. D/W will probably win, though that is not so much because V/M have "glaring technical flaws".
    Hey Bob squared don't even challenge sky fly it isn't worth it. anyways, the scoring as it is would suggest it doesn't matter who canada uses they can't win gold. It is highly unlikely Chan and V and M can beat their Russians by enough to make up the difference as well as allow for at least one spot surrendered by Osmond. Osmond deserves full credit; they couldn't ask for more. Too bad she skted first - she could have been third or fourth at least. I know ashley feels cheated but she was dang lucky; had Osmond skated later I think it is clear osmond would have beat Ashley which is possible because I believe at world's that happened.

So many people I want to see..Machida, Akiko, Gracie.
    There was no point for Canada to send Chan. They already have the silver medal.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbob View Post
    You just did more planning than the ISU has ever done.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    Hey Bob squared don't even challenge sky fly it isn't worth it. anyways, the scoring as it is would suggest it doesn't matter who canada uses they can't win gold. It is highly unlikely Chan and V and M can beat their Russians by enough to make up the difference as well as allow for at least one spot surrendered by Osmond. Osmond deserves full credit; they couldn't ask for more. Too bad she skted first - she could have been third or fourth at least. I know ashley feels cheated but she was dang lucky; had Osmond skated later I think it is clear osmond would have beat Ashley which is possible because I believe at world's that happened.
    I don;t think anyone on this forum will have the guts to bet V/M will finish anything worse than 2nd. V/M are far superior to all the other teams.

Medalist
    Today (Feb 9th) Carolina is flying to Germany.

She told that she needs more than 30 min x day of training and that she is more relaxed following her own routine.

Quote Originally Posted by hyperinflation View Post
    why don't we ever spell plushenko's name right, there's a y and c in there we always leave out

you should be employed by the isu

or not because that idea makes a lot of sense

One does not simply skate into Sochi MaiKatze's Avatar
    I want Akiko to skate her heart out and show them how it is done! The Men event looks really exciting, too, because it is so unpredictable. I'm so curious how Plushenko will do in the long and how the judges will react. My gut feeling says that Machida will win. Let's see.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15