Thread: NBC broadcast of 2014 Worlds

NBC broadcast of 2014 Worlds

I read on Heather's site (http://heatherw.com/mk/sch.htm) that NBC isn't broadcasting Worlds until April 13? So two weeks after the competition has concluded? And only 3 total hours of coverage? I haz a sad.

Admittedly I haven't been following figure skating super-intensely for the last 10 years or so. Just kind of picked it back up. But dang. That's really horrible coverage. Wonder if they'll do any better when Worlds are in Boston in 2016.

Next year I'm definitely getting IceNetwork...

Custom Title
    I read the subject "NBC broadcast of 2014 Worlds" and thought "that's not a real thing".

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by breathesgelatin View Post
    I read on Heather's site (http://heatherw.com/mk/sch.htm) that NBC isn't broadcasting Worlds until April 13? So two weeks after the competition has concluded? And only 3 total hours of coverage? I haz a sad.

Admittedly I haven't been following figure skating super-intensely for the last 10 years or so. Just kind of picked it back up. But dang. That's really horrible coverage. Wonder if they'll do any better when Worlds are in Boston in 2016.

Next year I'm definitely getting IceNetwork...
    Someone typically posts everything to YouTube.

Yeah, when I first saw that I thought; hmm.. worlds is so late this year!

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by breathesgelatin View Post
    Better than nothing, however, which is what we've been getting for the better part of a decade now.

And as for better coverage of Boston Worlds, don't get your hopes up - in 2009, when Worlds was in LA, NBC had coverage but they showed only 2 hours of the ladies freeskate (live) in prime time....and that was it.