Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Rate Lipinski/Weir

Rinkside

Rate Lipinski/Weir

I wasn't quite sure what to expect of these 2, but I have been pleasantly surprised (although I can never forgive Tara for what she did to Michelle in Nagano ...hehe). How do they compare to Bezic/Hamilton

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by GiveHer6.0's View Post
    I wasn't quite sure what to expect of these 2, but I have been pleasantly surprised (although I can never forgive Tara for what she did to Michelle in Nagano ...hehe). How do they compare to Bezic/Hamilton
    I'm really enjoying it!! They're kind of like a more primetime, less snarky Dave-and-Jenny.
    And come on now, all Tara did was skate well! It's not like she knee-capped Michelle.

Custom Title
    Overall, it's fine - but, I much, much prefer two people teams than three. I would prefer Gannon-Weir, or Gannon-Weir for two events and then Gannon-Lipinski for two. I think Weir is better than Tara at calling elements and explaining things, but when there is the third person, it gets too chatty too fast. But, overall, I enjoy this.

Custom Title
    I love Tara and Johnny. Yes, it sometimes gets chatty. Yes, they're sometimes a little snarky and they play favorites. I don't always trust Johnny's grasp on reality or Tara's feeling for artistry (goodness knows she was NOT artistic for the majority of her career and her presentation was only okay on her magical night in Nagano). Still, I think they do a wonderful job of explaining technical skating issues to casual viewers and detailing why things went wrong. I also like the way that they point out positive attributes of each skater in a sincere way that doesn't sound like cheerleading. Honestly I'd take the Weir-Lipinski-Gannon triumvirate over Scott, Sandra and the other dude every day of the week. In fact, I'd say only the guys on British Eurosport are better.

Custom Title
    I'll take Robin Cousins and Sue Barker : )

Banned
    the british are way better
    impressed by Robin Cousin commentary on the BBC

Custom Title
    Weir and Lipinski have their biases but are knowledgeable and explain well.

Tracy Wilson still rules in terms of being fair and calling stuff out without being too annoying.

Custom Title
    They both have very nice hair style, makeup (Tara seems to have changed her makeup style everyday so far) and eye contact with the camera

Quote Originally Posted by hippomoomin View Post
    They both have very nice hair style, makeup (Tara seems to have changed her makeup style everyday so far) and eye contact with the camera
    LOL Yeah they kinda remind me of Joan Rivers and Melissa. maybe they should be fashion Policing instead.

Outdated Old Dinosaur
    I wasn't expecting to like this commentating group, but I do.

At least I like them better than Scott Hamilton.

Custom Title
    Johnny and Tara are awesome. There was definitely some subtle shade thrown around and Johnny's fashion choices are epic.

Rinkside
    They are adapting themselves nicely...even ESPN's Pardon the Interruption gave them a shout out to them calling them incredible. They make a four to five hour slog with some of the early skaters falling around and everything bearable. They seem to have factoids for every skater no matter how awful they perform and no chance of making the cutoff. That takes talent...I've noticed with all of these new sports added to the Olympic program NBC primetime is skipping a lot of skating performances even if skaters finish say in the top five....For example they didn't even show Stoblova and Klimov's short program on Tuesday night despite their placing third due to time. But at least we got to see it live or DVR'ed on NBCSN. For that I am extremely thankful.

Medalist
    Very informative, funny, enjoyable. The new generation, but still nicely connecting with the past, by comparing the old styles, quoting Dick Button, etc. Very nice.

I'm just thrilled that Terry Gannon is in the mix with them. I'll take Terry, Tara, & Johnny any day over Scott (whom I as a skater & person, but not as a screechy commentator), Sandra, & Tom H. I always liked Terry, Dick, & Peggy most of all.

I know Johnny's so into fashion, but in a way I wish he would tone it down for the Olympics.

Rinkside
    I love Tara and Johnny! Very compatible, getting better all the time. Easy to listen too.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast