How many message board readers does it take to change a lightbulb? | Golden Skate

How many message board readers does it take to change a lightbulb?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
How many message board readers does it take to change a lightbulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed..

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently..

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs..

1 to demand it be moved to the Lighting section..

2 to argue that it be moved to the Electricals section..

7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs..

5 to flame the spell checkers..

3 to correct spelling/grammar flames..

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid..

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"..

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct..

19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum..

11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum..

36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty..

7 to post URLs where one can see examples of different light bulbs..

4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URLs..

3 to post about links they found from the URLs that are relevant to this group, which makes light bulbs relevant to this group..

13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "me too"..

5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy..

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"..

13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"..

and 1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

guinevere

Final Flight
tee hee hee... but how could you forget:

4 to point out that Sasha's extension is so incredible that no one could ever change a light bulb the way she does.

50 to respond that Michelle changes light bulbs from her heart...

15 of whom will also point out that Sasha has never changed a light bulb when it mattered without dropping one.

guinevere

SusanBeth

Final Flight
:laugh: :laugh:

You forgot-

2 to bash Thomas Edison for not inventing a longer lasting lightbulb.

3 to imply an Edison conspiracy to sucker the public out of the money for replacement bulbs.

30 to defend Edison as a great inventor and noble American.

(I must be spending to much time on the boards.)

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Also:

3 to insist that this entire subject would be moot if the last two award-winning lightbulb changers had remained in the field rather than switching over to plumbing. Six to argue back that it's not the plumbers' fault--they simply had to follow their hearts--plus, they were just so sick and tired of changing lightbulbs day in and day out.
:D

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Wow, I didn't know there were so many posters with nothing to do today. :laugh:

skatepixie

On the Ice
1 to point out that edisons ideas are outdated and that we use alternating current now, which was invented by Westinghouse, who gets no credit at all.

5 to say that they are Westinghouse fans and that he shouldnt be given the short end of the stick ever again.

2 to point out that Westinghouse's improvments wouldnt have been possible without Edison.

ROFLMAO! These are too funny! And WAY too close to being the truth:laugh: Great thread, Toni.
Rgirl

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
LOL....wonderful!

How about:

10 people to say that the light bulb purchased in Ukraine doesn't belong in the center of the 3-bulb vanity fixture of your vacation chalet in Lillehammer....the American bulb with the Vera Wang filament looks much better there.

berthes ghost

Final Flight
:laugh:

How about...

7 to claim that light bulbs are overrated, and that candle light is much softer, more dramatic and more eco friendly and obviously what we all should be still using.

5 to wax nastalgicly about the good old days when treaties were signed by candle light

4 to point out how many career ending injuries are the result of light bulb use and the public's frenzy for it.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
and 1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.
That is my favorite one.:laugh: :laugh:

When I first started posting, I don't know if this has happened to you but here is one that gets to me. Being the last poster on a thread. I always think --- what did I do wrong, my opinions count, why are they not responding, they don't like me :cry: :cry:

Dee

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I get that feeling a lot

and on one board it was because I posted on the thread that it died... so I'm now paranoid! LOL