VCR ALERT - O. Baiul on MSNBC | Golden Skate

VCR ALERT - O. Baiul on MSNBC

JOHIO2

Medalist
Couldn't decide which folder this belonged in, so here it is:

Oksana Baiul will be interviewed on Deborah Norville's show on MSNBC, Tuesday evening at 9pm et.

She's supposed to talk about her problems with alcohol and the search for her father and family.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3910275/

Thanks, Johio. I would have never tuned in had you not said something. Should be interesting.
Rgirl

Nadine

Record Breaker
YES! :love:

Was channel surfing in search of mentions of the "The Passion of the Christ" and came across this one.........nice surpise........can't wait to see this small update ~ excerpt looked intriguing. :)^)

***Note: dilemna though ~ PAX is showing the making of the "The Passion of the Christ" also (excellent btw) ~ & have been switching among both channels (lol).***

Peace & Love, Nadine

EDITED TO ADD: just got through watching the brief segment on Oksana ~ loved it (no lie) ~ ah, everything seems to have come full circle for Moulya. :)CONGRATULATIONS, LITTLE ONE, ON FINDING PEACE & HAPPINESS!:)

Last edited:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Hey Jen (good to see you posting again btw)! :)

Will try to give you a brief break down on how it went:

A.) Deborah Norville brief intro. about Oksana & her background (e.g. won Olympic Gold ten yrs. ago today).

B.) introdues Oksana as the "former World & Olympic Gold Medalist".

C.) Oksana speaks enthusiastically about how she won her OGM exactly 10 yrs. ago today (btw CONGRATS Moulya)! :)^) And then goes on to say that what she was thinking most about when she was up there on the podium was her mother ~ she said to her (in her mind) "this is for you mom" ~ also she mentions how proud she was to put her country, Ukraine, on the map. :)^)

D.) talks about how she took some time off from skating.......and a little bit about Gene (btw he didn't know ANYTHING at all about skating; therefore didn't know who she was; liked her for herself :) )........and how he has helped her. For instance, helped her start her own apparel line (since he owns his own own apparel business) and also his family, in particular his mother, embraced her and the latter was the reason why she returned to the ice. Oksana took Gene & his mother to an ice show and his mother watched quietly, and then said "it's too bad you weren't in it". Thus, that was the impetus for Oksana to skate again with SOI! :love:

E.) Deborah then brought up the subject about the program that Oksana has reprised ("Swan Lake"; btw they showed some wonderful clips of it). And exclaimed how beautiful it is (ITA)! Oksana modestly responded that she thinks the American public knows her by this particular program. And in appreciation she brought it back this year, not only in celebration for the 10-year anniversary of her Olympic Win, but also for the public's sake as well. :)

F.) Finally, Oksana ended the segment with an emotional discussion about her recent trip back to the Ukraine to meet her biological father & grandmother.....touching photos accompanied this part.....and said "I don't think I should say this, but this meant more to me than my Olympic Win". It was quite touching (btw, no, Oksana didn't cry; but I got kind of misty-eyed; lol :D ). She spoke from the heart & it was easy to see/feel her emotions, especially about her adored grandmother. :)

***Note: it was sad when Oksana recounted how her grandmother said "now I can die", but Oksana said "NO WAY", you have to come to my wedding (btw her 80 yr. old grandmother has never been on a plane before).***

Peace & Love, Nadine

P.S. Also wanted to mention that I loved what Oksana said in ending ~ about how she went to look for family b/c she wanted to know what it felt to have one ~ thus her quest to find papa, and unexpectedly babushka (btw one can easily see how much she loves her babushka not only in photos, but just in the reverent way she talks about her; makes me cry for my own much beloved one whom died in 1992). :cry:

:love:ENJOY YOUR BABUSHKA AS MUCH AS YOU CAN, MOULYA, SHE'S A WALKING MUSEUM OF HISTORY, KNOWLEDGE, & OF COURSE LOVE MOST OF ALL!!! (as well as papa)!!! :love:

EDITED TO ADD: needed to correct spelling mistakes & add the age of Oksana's babushka. (;^)

Last edited:

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
I have to say, no wonder MSNBC is trailing behind in ratings..their anchors should prepare just a bit.

I almost fell off the couch (and trust me, after a long day at work, it takes a lot to move me from it :) when I heard the intro - "from the central Ukraine, Russia" Dohhhhhhh!

Great interview, even though not much new - I was aware of almost everything Oksana said (except for Gene's grandma being somewhat responsible for Oksana's return to skating).

Oksana looked wonderful.

But what's up with those red shoes??

Yana

Thanks for the play-by-play, Nadine. I was prepared and still missed it! (Too much cake;).)

Sounds like things I already knew, except for the thing about Gene's mother inspiring her to skate again. Glad to hear Oksana looked great and sounded happy, dealt with some unfinished emotional business, and is being remembered on the ten-year anniversary of her OGM.

I see SOI March 4th and am very interested to see how Oksana is skating.
Rgirl

John King

Final Flight
VCR Alert - O. Baiul on MSNBC

Thanks,Nadine!Unfortunately I am without cable at present(what's Russian for 'reversal of fortune'?),got her SOI appearence on Family Feud(with Scott,Jenni,et. al.),but not this.Annyone wanna swap copies?