Would You Attend Sochi Olympics? | Golden Skate

Would You Attend Sochi Olympics?

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Some of Canada's Olympic team members' family members are not going to be attending the games as they feel it is not safe. I know Luongo (Vancouver Canucks goalie) does not want his family to attend. I don't blame him, I would not want to attend given the threat of terrorism.

Near

On the Ice
Country
Canada
I probably would. I'd stick to my hotel and to venues as much as possible, but as a matter of principle I try not to let terrorists, well, terrorize me.

SoundtracksOnIce

On the Ice
Not a hope. I want to visit Russia one day, but this is way too terrifying for me. When analysts are saying it's not a matter of if there will be an attack, there is something very very wrong.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I personally am very worried about an attack, but not for my own safety if I was going, which I am not. I think if one were to stay away from the opening ceremonies, you are pretty safe....but there does exist the very real possibility of an attack
which would put the games on hold or have them canceled. It is so sad. It is so hard to get into the terrorists' minds....if they threaten an attack but don't carry it out, they cost Putin untold money trying to stop one...if they launch an attack, the whole world will hate them and care not what Putin does to them and their families in the aftermath.
Not a hope. I want to visit Russia one day, but this is way too terrifying for me. When analysts are saying it's not a matter of if there will be an attack, there is something very very wrong.

I wouldn't attend because of Russia's persecution of LGBT persons. I am boycotting any Russian products for the foreseeable future.