Ice Channel Update | Golden Skate

Ice Channel Update

eliza88

On the Ice
I really hope this comes to fruition!! AND that my cable provider picks it up! Dreaming, hoping, Tivo-ing!!

eliza88

It would be nice to have Ice Channel come to fruition, but...I'm sure it'll be a premium cable channel that you have to pay extra to have the "package" it'd be included in......with the soaring rate of cable television in my area, there is no way I'm going to add anything to raise the already too-high rate....I don't have the "premium" package which includes HBO, Showtime, Soap Opera Network(which I'd love to have), Disney Channel, etc. :\ :confused: :(

jozmen01

Rinkside
Wonder where I go to to apply for a position - I'm about 45 minutes outside of Albuquerque.

:laugh:

I agree, it would probably be a "premium" service. And Dish Network won't have it in their top 100 channels. With 3 hookups..... So, most of us will be left out of watching.

With famous artistis residing in Santa Fe,New Mexico, together with a world renowned Opera House, great ski resorts, Tajos, the city unspoiled by the Europeans. I think I'll seek out a home in Alberqueque and get a job writing commentary for figure skating.:D

Think we'll get to see 2005 Worlds in Moscow by satelite?

Joe

guinevere

Final Flight
Scheduled programming would "include a figure skating-themed reality show"
OMG this is the tv equivalent of a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup (tm!) for me!!

guinevere

sk8m8

Final Flight
If there was any good news to come out of the J Jackson/Superbowl debacle, it was the discussion to "unbundle" cable services so you can get what you want without buying a "tier" of services.

If I had to look at one bare mammary to see ice skating on 24/7, I proudly serve me duty!:laugh:

Jhar55

Medalist
We can only hope and just maybe we wouldn't have to wait weeks to see an event. Sure hope it wouldn't be a premium channel. We get the stupid golf channel for free (which is blocked out on mine). :D

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
i would imagine it would be either free if you get the premium package or it would be in a sports tier. We get digital premium coverage (Times Werner) which includes every possible sports channel, including a number of rare ones. But there is still a premium sports tier which costs $1.95 extra and consists of mainly regional (i.e., midwest, empire, southwest, ect..) channels. On the other hand, if we had just the regular digital service some of the channels we get now (Fox World Sports, for instance) would costs extra. I would think Ice channel would be included in the premium package. If not, I don't think that paying $1.95 for the sports tier would be excessive. I am already paying $139 per season to get the Center Ice package (hockey)!!!

I can't wait for the Ice channel :)

Yana

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
STL_Blues_fan said:
If not, I don't think that paying $1.95 for the sports tier would be excessive.Yana
Yana, thanks for giving me hope that I wouldn't have to sell all my jewels, the house and car to get the Ice Channel. If this comes to pass, would anyone ever see me again?:laugh: :laugh::laugh: :laugh:

Dee

eliza88

On the Ice
I to doubt that it would be a Premium channel--they will need commercials to stay viable!

I think they would show some of the lesser competitions--perhaps regionals, Nationals from other countries, 2nd tier international competitions like the Finlandia Trophy...ABC/ESPN will not want to give up the major competitions!! Perhaps the Ice Channel would show more competitors from the major competitions after ABC/ESPN has already had their air-time...

I am really looking forward to seeing some of the older competitons as well as older Pro shows/competitons. I also hope they have some documentaries--behind the scenes type of stuff.

eliza88

LadyM76

Rinkside
Ice Channel

I really hope they finally get the Ice Channel going soon. I would be willing to pay a little more every month just to have skating available when I'm in the mood to watch it. I hope this happens, and the sooner the better.
LadyM76

Joesitz said:
With famous artistis residing in Santa Fe,New Mexico, together with a world renowned Opera House, great ski resorts, Tajos, the city unspoiled by the Europeans. I think I'll seek out a home in Alberqueque and get a job writing commentary for figure skating.:D
Joe
God help us all!

J/K. I'm sure you'll love Albuquerque, Joe. The theater there will knock you out. And you can get a downtown loft very cheap.;)

Nothing against Albuquerque re any Albuquerquians.
Rgirl

P.S. I love your 2004 World Team sign LadyM76.:)
P.S.S. Dang, Joe. I never got to contribute my profound comments to the "Sasha's Lazy Eye" thread. I could have whipped out a 25,000-word post easy on whether or not Sasha's eye wandered by what could have been as much as a millimeter! Ah, well. Life just isn't fair.

Last edited:

LadyM76

Rinkside
Ice Channel

Thanks RGirl. I have been having the best time creating wallpapers etc lately. I can't wait for Worlds, I'm having skating withdrawel I think.
LadyM76