Gregory and Petukhov skating on TODAY | Golden Skate

Gregory and Petukhov skating on TODAY

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Melissa Gregory and Denis Petukhov will be skating on the TODAY show on Saturday, Feb 28... I have a wedding to shoot, so I may miss it... but everyone else watch it for me, kay? LOL

mariana

On the Ice
And for me to. PLEASE
Cause I won't be able to see it and I really wan to now what they'll do and say

today on Saturdays comes in two parts. I'll watch or tape and give a reivew if someone doesn't beat me to it.
I'd like to see this team in the top 5.

Joe

N

nthuz

Ha... national tv....you'd think they could pronounce his last name correctly. Sounded like a sneeze.

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
what, you think Dick and Peggy do any better??? All Eastern European names are bastardized by North American announcers (just watch a hockey game!).

Yana

Lotta

On the Ice
I saw it.

Didn't tape it, but I saw it.

Came on at about 8:50 am EST.

They skated great.

Talked about how they were excited about going to the World Championships and Meli hopes everyone cheers for them. And also, Denis' citizenship in which he hopes it happens by next year's Nationals.

The reporter is a dumbass.

She introduced them as "two time bronze medalists at the Olympics "

I just laughed my head off and thought she was dumb. *lolz* :laugh:

ouridol

On the Ice
Lotta said:
I saw it.

Didn't tape it, but I saw it.

Came on at about 8:50 am EST.

They skated great.

Talked about how they were excited about going to the World Championships and Meli hopes everyone cheers for them. And also, Denis' citizenship in which he hopes it happens by next year's Nationals.

The reporter is a dumbass.

She introduced them as "two time bronze medalists at the Olympics "

I just laughed my head off and thought she was dumb. *lolz* :laugh:
Thanks so much for the report! :D I hope Mel and Denis do well at worlds. DO you have any idea which program they used?

I was on the treadmill at the gym watching. Of course, I couldn''t hear anything but they seemed so 'together'. They skate to the music; not to the audience. I like this team very much and I am still hoping for a top 5 in Dortmund.

Joe

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I didn't see it... totally spaced it in my nervousness over the wedding I photographed... but I know that they skated to God Bless America... or at least that's what they planned to skate to... as per Melissa's mother :) soooooooooooooooooooooooo yeah :) GREAT NEWS about them skating great... they're such a sweet couple :)

Gardenkitty

Rinkside
They skated to God Bless America and did great, even though I understand that it's hard to adjust the programs to the smaller sized rink at Rockefeller Center.

The interviewer also asked them about the move to CT, and Melissa said how helpful it was to train with champion skaters at the rink everyday. They talked briefly about Worlds and how they were excited to be going for the first time.

They were very cute during the interview and just seem like such a nice couple.