Do we know the entries yet for all the disciplines??? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Do we know the entries yet for all the disciplines???

cvg16

Rinkside
24 single skaters go through to the FS. In the past, all Pairs and Ice Dancers made it to the free but they've recently cut the numbers down. I can't recall for sure whether this is in effect already or from 2018.

thanks! hoping michael christian martinez would make it past the short program then :)

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Im not really sure where to look...so can I ask if there would be a cut between the short program and the long program? like, would there be skaters who wont make it to the long? thanks!

24 single skaters go through to the FS. In the past, all Pairs and Ice Dancers made it to the free but they've recently cut the numbers down. I can't recall for sure whether this is in effect already or from 2018.

In all disciplines at the 2014 Games, some entries will not advance to the FS/FD.
  • The starting field for the Singles SPs is 30. 24 qualify for the FS, as Ziggy said.
  • 20 Pairs skate the SP; 16 qualify for the FS.
  • 24 Dance couples skate the SD; 20 qualify for the FD.
Source: ISU Communication No. 1821.

waxel

Final Flight
These photos are unforgivable. I hope these are their 'credentials' photos?!

Take this photog to the Gulag!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
If I had to guess about the source of the photos:
I have a feeling that they are from an ISU database -- compiled from the photos taken for the skaters' credential badges at ISU competitions over the years.

As for the credential photos that are being taken in Sochi, FYI from Christine Brennan:
... (No smiling allowed due to face recognition technology.)
https://twitter.com/cbrennansports/status/430460055096287232

Perhaps the no-smile edict also was in effect at credentialing for previous ISU competitions, which I still believe is the origin of the skaters' snapshots.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Do we know the entries yet with all the disciplines for Sochi ... ?

YES, we now do.

~ List of all 30 Men competing in the individual discipline:

~ List of all 30 Ladies competing in the individual discipline:

~ List of all 20 Pairs competing in the individual discipline:

~ List of all 24 Dance couples competing in the individual discipline:

---------------

And a list of all skaters from the ten countries who will compete in the team event:

Note: the list is not limited to those who actually will skate in the team event.
For example, Savchenko/Szolkowy are listed for Germany.​