Page 100 of 100 FirstFirst ... 50 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100
Results 1,486 to 1,494 of 1494

Thread: 2014 Olympics Mens Short Program

Rinkside
    The 4T as a solo jump needs to be preceeded by steps (not that the judges seem to care), so doing 4T+3T allows for a longer setup. In addition, Chan is more flexible that way: If the landing on the 4T doesn't work as expected, he can still add the 3T to the lutz. Hanyu could probably add a 3T to most of his quads, however he takes the risk of eventually missing the combination altogether if the 3Lz doesn't work out.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzy View Post
    The 4T as a solo jump needs to be preceeded by steps (not that the judges seem to care), so doing 4T+3T allows for a longer setup. In addition, Chan is more flexible that way: If the landing on the 4T doesn't work as expected, he can still add the 3T to the lutz. Hanyu could probably add a 3T to most of his quads, however he takes the risk of eventually missing the combination altogether if the 3Lz doesn't work out.
    Thanks. That clarifies a lot of my confusion.

Rinkside
    Dont create some dumb fantasy World most of those are capable of even semi clean performance on a regular basis, they arent. Just look at the major events this quad:
    I am entitled to create whatever fantasy that I like. I am entitled to my opinion that the past 4 years had given us some amazing skates with great technical content and an increased amount of intricate choreography from the men. So, credit to them for attempting so much. That again is my opinion which I am entitled to.

If this group of men is so 'weak' in your opinion, then why keep watching? I keep watching because I have enjoyed their programs and believe in their superb skating skills. I am personally a big fan of Chan, Yuzuru and Dai. So, with the results, either way Gold/Silver to Chan or Yuzu, I an happy.

Whatever your personal breakdown of previous events are, I don't really care. It is simply I have a different opinion and have thoroughly enjoyed the last Worlds/Grand Prix events as I believe we are developing a far better group of skaters, fulfilling the 5 segment of PC part of the scores.

By the way, I love 'Pang & Tong', how did they do in the 'Free' as I didn't watch any of the Pairs Free? Could someone explain how the Germans still get on the podium even with 2 falls in the free. Thanks.

I'm gonna Customize the CRAP out of this Title!!! Frenchie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by icekiwi View Post
    By the way, I love 'Pang & Tong', how did they do in the 'Free' as I didn't watch any of the Pairs Free? Could someone explain how the Germans still get on the podium even with 2 falls in the free. Thanks.
    P/T deservedly won the free over S/S (by 0.44 points), but not by enough to make up for the 6.34 point difference after the SP.

P/T did a 2A/1A seq with a step out (-0.93 -> 2.59 points) and a 3T (+0.20 -> 4.30 points) when S/S fell on a 3T (1.18 points, -1.00 for the fall) and did a clean 2A (+0.57 -> 4.20 points). S/S fell on the 3ThA, but it was still worth 5.25 points (-1 for the fall), so P/T only won on the TES side by 0.67 points (2.67 if you include the fall deductions in the TES score).
    S/S got 2.23 points more in PCS, and here is where I'd personally have given P/T higher marks, especially in Execution and Interpretation. But still, that would by no means have been enough to overtake S/S, who ended up ahead of P/T by 5.90 points total.

Rinkside
    Thank you Frenchie for that. I agree, P/T's PC scores should have been higher from what I saw in the GPs. S/S's LP music was skated to by Shen/Zhao but of course, Shen/Zhao's interpretation were stunning & mersmerizing. What is your opinion of the 2nd Russian team of B/K, I think, the team that came 2nd. Are they being set up for the next Olympic Gold? I have always felt the moment there is a 'strongish' Russian pair team, they are always being propped up by the judges for the next Oly Gold, for example I never liked Totmianina/Marinin, never got into any of their programs whereas V/Trankov does have a certain charm and charisma and they do produce the big tricks. T/M (Oly 2006) were so propped up all the time even though the tricks were rather small plus their presentation is almost non-existent. Thanks.

Custom Title
    Did Chan really win with 5 falls? (in which event?) Out of curiosity.

Quote Originally Posted by mazzy View Post
    That's exactly right - it should be, but it almost never is. So long as the judges don't penalize skaters for it, we'll continue to see solo quads out of no steps being showered with +GOE and second half 3-3s instead of more difficult 4-3s. I think the ISU needs to make the value of the second/third jumps in a combination a function of the difficulty of the first jump. 4-3s at any point are more difficult by 3-3s a little more than a minute into the SP.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by usethis2 View Post
    Did Chan really win with 5 falls? (in which event?) Out of curiosity.
    I don't recall 5 falls, but he "won" Skate Canada in 2010/2011 (I don't remember which year), with four falls, which was absolutely disgusting.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dance4u View Post
    In Vaughn's defence
    VAUGHN CHIPEUR WAS INJURED at Olympics with separated tendon in his landing foot and a partial separation in the other. Hard to land jumps with that!!!!!!!
    True but he knew that going in - he should have relinquished his spot but he wanted olympic glory.

Page 100 of 100 FirstFirst ... 50 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100