Page 3 of 100 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Olympics Mens Short Program

Whee! Wow, they sure packed it with talented skaters. The list is impressive. It really is going to be a wild ride.

Rinkside
    Wishing the best for Han Yan and Patrick Chan

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
    I only discovered Liam Firus this year at the Canadian Nationals, and was surprised just how much of a clone of Patrick Chan he was. Really, I'm not even exaggerating. Every little "trademark" move and attitude you could think of when you picture Chan, he was doing the same things.
    Except he doesn't do a quad.
    But still, his skating skills and transitions are way stronger than many in this field - which I'm afraid will become completely irrelevant 6 skaters later, once Plushenko has skated and led to any notion of Skating Skills and Transitions being erased for the entire competition.
    ... so to answer your question: no idea!
    Liam kind of reminded me of Jeffrey Buttle for some reason actually

Custom Title
    I hope Brendan Kerry gets the PCS he deserves and not the "you're from a little country stuff you" PCS!

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    I predict that Chan stumbles out of the Quad, stumbles out of the 3Axel, but manages to do a clean 3Lutz+3Toe and is marked as 4th in the SP when he really should be marked as 7th.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    I predict that Chan stumbles out of the Quad, stumbles out of the 3Axel, but manages to do a clean 3Lutz+3Toe and is marked as 4th in the SP when he really should be marked as 7th.
    Same feeling, but I hope everyone skates their BEST. But if it doesn't happened for Patrick I won't feel bad either... I'm aware of how good he can be but I find myself not rooting for him because of his attitude.

One does not simply skate into Sochi MaiKatze's Avatar
    I am very curious which Patrick Chan will show up in this defining moment of his career. At the moment I kind of see the momentum with Yuzuru. But if Patrick manages cleanliness....I don't know. In our media Yuzuru is just an afterthought, the main focus lies on Plushenko - and then they see Patrick as the favourite for Gold. Maybe it is similar in other countries media. So Yuzuru still has the underdog image, when he really shouldn't have it. But in the end he seems the most relaxed. I think he is mentally stronger than the others. In the end I want the best to win. I'll accept any worthy OGM. Still wishing for Daisuke on that podium, but...you know. Wishful thinking. I wonder if everything will be decided in the short already. Oh, this is too exciting.

WOW! What an exciting list.
    I was hoping I could have some time for sleep, because it starts midnight here,
    but I 've found my favorite skaters in every group.
    I am too old for over night and I have work on the same day

Anyway I will be awake for Group 4, at least, and hopefuly 2.
    I hope Jeremy isn't traumatized to skate with Plushenko.

One does not simply skate into Sochi MaiKatze's Avatar
    Evan Lysacek tweeted that Plushenko had a very rough practice and fell a lot.

Plushenko having rough practice. 4T looks 👍 3axel giving him trouble. Have never seen him fall so much. Worried bout his back. Careful Plush

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by lady_bee View Post
    WOW! What an exciting list.
    I was hoping I could have some time for sleep, because it starts midnight here,
    but I 've found my favorite skaters in every group.
    I am too old for over night and I have work on the same day

Anyway I will be awake for Group 4, at least, and hopefuly 2.
    I hope Jeremy isn't traumatized to skate with Plushenko.
    I feel your pain lady_bee. It's 2am here, and I have to be at work at 8:30am. So I won't be getting up for the SP. But the LP is 2am on the Saturday. ALL NIGHTER HERE I COME!

EDIT:

Lynn Rutherford just tweeted that Plushenko fell twice, on the 3A and the 4T but landed both jumps after. That's hardly a lot, Lysacek.

Forever stuck on those steps Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MaiKatze
    In our media Yuzuru is just an afterthought, the main focus lies on Plushenko - and then they see Patrick as the favourite for Gold. Maybe it is similar in other countries media. So Yuzuru still has the underdog image, when he really shouldn't have it.
    That depends on where you look I think
    Lynn Rutherford tweeted this yesterday:
    "Some of the famous skaters watching practices here incl @EvanLysaeak and @TheRealEstojko singling out Hanyu as a gold medal prospect"

In fact, I think between the "insiders" a lot of people are betting on Hanyu to nail it, especially as his practices seem to go well. It's just that the usual media isn't enough into figure skating, they're just looking at the last 3 world championships or the big names and that's it. I think Patrick is in a really annoying situation: he has the pressure, while Yuzuru has the momentum. The fact that he has to skate shortly after Hanyu in the SP probably won't help. Hopefully he can keep it together.

PS: My favorite tweet was that one:
    Doug Mattis
    "@LynnRutherford While most guys are skating the rink, cautiously telegraphing their quads... Yuzuru Hanyu just landed 4 of 'em"
    That sounds like Yuzuru no doubt

Quote Originally Posted by MaiKatze View Post
    In our media Yuzuru is just an afterthought, the main focus lies on Plushenko - and then they see Patrick as the favourite for Gold. Maybe it is similar in other countries media.
    They can focus on Chan and Plushenko now, because after the results they'll focus on Yuzuru.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by MaiKatze View Post
    I am very curious which Patrick Chan will show up in this defining moment of his career. At the moment I kind of see the momentum with Yuzuru. But if Patrick manages cleanliness....I don't know. In our media Yuzuru is just an afterthought, the main focus lies on Plushenko - and then they see Patrick as the favourite for Gold. Maybe it is similar in other countries media. So Yuzuru still has the underdog image, when he really shouldn't have it. But in the end he seems the most relaxed. I think he is mentally stronger than the others. In the end I want the best to win. I'll accept any worthy OGM. Still wishing for Daisuke on that podium, but...you know. Wishful thinking. I wonder if everything will be decided in the short already. Oh, this is too exciting.

I think the pendelum has changed and now Hanyu is the one chased.

Custom Title
    If the reports about Plush are correct, I expect the short program will be the end of the road for him

Custom Title
    Good luck to all boys! Especially to Daisuke, Evgeni, Brian, Tomas and Jeremy!!! Will be cheering for ya all!

Page 3 of 100 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 53 ... LastLast