2014 Olympics Mens Short Program | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2014 Olympics Mens Short Program

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Am I the only one who's not rooting for either Chan or Hanyu? :laugh:

Hanyu is my backup if Plushy can't do it.

Dream podium: Plushenko-Brown-Kerry and I don't particularly care what order.

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
I'm rooting for Brian Joubert to just have a good Olympics experience this time - to skate his best and end his career on a positive note. :)

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Abbott and/or Verner medaling would be awesome, though my realistic dream top three are Hanyu, Chan and Fernandez. Main wish for all to have the performances of their lives. Men's short in Vancouver was so disappointing after high expectations. Even higher expectations tonight(nervous) Good luck to everyone :popcorn:

WinterLily

Rinkside
Yeah I'm really praying for Patrick to deliver the most perfect program ever:) I'm sure he can do it.
I LOVE Yuzuru, he's amazing, but I think he can be even better, he's young, so I sort of feel it's a pity if he wins the OGM at these Olympics...and I looooove Fernandez, too XD
But GOOD LUCK to every skater, I really hope everyone can sakte their best!!!! OMG I can't wait to enjoy the competition^.^

I am a HUGE Yuzuru fan but I also want Patrick to win. I am not a huge Patrick fan but if he skates two clean (and perfect) programs, he'll win. I do want to see a Canadian man win a OGM in FS. Hope he delivers.

I hope EVERY SKATER delivers.

Yuzuru has another four years, and he WILL win the OGM if not this year, then in 2018.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I think 4 years is a looong time. You never know how Yuzuru Hanyu, the 23 year old skater will fare, who his rivals will be in 2018 even. Maybe his time is now. Same goes for Julia Lipnitskaia. Who knows what kind of skater will show up in Korea in 4 years, it might even be she doesn't make the team when new talents could overtake her as a 19 year old. I think the chance is now. One shouldn't think about the next Olympics.

WinterLily

Rinkside
You're totally right, who knows what will happen in the next four years. Well maybe it means I want Patrick to win then XD
I think 4 years is a looong time. You never know how Yuzuru Hanyu, the 23 year old skater will fare, who his rivals will be in 2018 even. Maybe his time is now. Same goes for Julia Lipnitskaia. Who knows what kind of skater will show up in Korea in 4 years, it might even be she doesn't make the team when new talents could overtake her as a 19 year old. I think the chance is now. One shouldn't think about the next Olympics.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Haha, then that probably does mean that. When he is on, he is unbeatable, so I think your dream can come true! His chances are good.

WinterLily

Rinkside
haha ;) Oh I really, really hope you're right! :thumbsup: His skating is so unique and just wonderful...:rock: crossing my fingers!!
Haha, then that probably does mean that. When he is on, he is unbeatable, so I think your dream can come true! His chances are good.

lady_bee

Medalist
Yeah I'm really praying for Patrick to deliver the most perfect program ever:) I'm sure he can do it.
I LOVE Yuzuru, he's amazing, but I think he can be even better, he's young, so I sort of feel it's a pity if he wins the OGM at these Olympics...and I looooove Fernandez, too XD
But GOOD LUCK to every skater, I really hope everyone can sakte their best!!!! OMG I can't wait to enjoy the competition^.^

Do not worry about Yuzuru. He is a kind of boy who won't be satisfied with only one OGM.
Actually, he said he wanted to compete three Olympics like Plushenko, few years ago.

Anyway, I also hope everyone skate their best:agree:

SaraM

Final Flight
Country
Norway
Dream Podium: 1. Takahashi 2.Chan 3.Brown!! yea i know that podium would never happen nut im allowed to dream! :)

figuristka

Medalist
Love Patrick,Yuzuru and Daisuke but hope Patrick to win. Any more info on patrick's practices? Not sure how i can watch his 3A.

KKonas

Medalist
Men Short Program Judging Panel
Y. Okabe - JPN
S. Krick - GER
E. Littler - GBR
K. Butcher - CAN
E. Rokhin - UZB
S. Auxier - USA
I. Obraztsov - RUS
P. Levin - SWE
T. Yordanova - BUL

daydreamangel

Rinkside
I want Daisuke to win, I hope his injury isn't serious. If he can't do it then I am rooting for Hanyu.

I also want Han Yan to capture Bronze.

I am Canadian but not a Patrick Chan supporter. If he skates clean though I'd be fine with him on the podium.

mhu714

On the Ice
I'm rooting for Hanyu, he can do it if he does a good LP. Would love Plushy to be in there as well. We all know his SP will be lights out. Just hope if Chan wins it's bec he hits the jumps not bec of over inflated PCS.

mhu714

On the Ice
I'm off today so can see the whole SP thanks to NBCSN (yes, they have an HD channel, at least here in NYC). BTW, who else hates Tara Lipinski's commentary? When she says anything about musicality or choreography I want to gag--like she ever had any.

Gigi13

On the Ice
I'm rooting for Yuzuru to win hopefully he skates a clean long program, I would also like to see both Plushy and Daisuke on the podium but I don't that would I hope they prove me wrong though.

fredtx121

On the Ice
If all skate well I think the men's short program placements will be:
Yuzuru Hanyu
Patrick Chan
Evgeny Plushenko (due to Russian inflated scoring, I think he would be in 5th or 6th if the Olympics were not in Russia)
Daisuke Takahashi
Javier Fernandez
Kevin Reynolds
Denis Ten
Tatsuki Machida
Jeremy Abbott
Brian Joubert
Florent Amodio
Tomas Verner
Yan Han
Jason Brown (really wished he had a quad so he would be further up in the standings.)

ARipp42014

Medalist
Chanandnyu? :laugh: How many variations did you try out before coming up with this one?

Bottom 6: So much can happen, including some major meltdown, but I could picture something like this:
25 - GODOROZHA Yakov
26 - ROMANENKOV Viktor
27 - RAKIMGALIEV Abzal
28 - RAYA Javier
29 - KERRY Brendan
30 - PARKINSON Paul Bonifacio

Ferchanyu? :confused: I tried!

Or how about PlushPCSko?!

Wow 8+ pages before the first skate!