2014 Olympics Mens Short Program | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2014 Olympics Mens Short Program

cheerio2

On the Ice
I think 4 years is a looong time. You never know how Yuzuru Hanyu, the 23 year old skater will fare, who his rivals will be in 2018 even. Maybe his time is now.

Very true. I think in recent years, men's prime skating timespan has become very short actually, even shorter than women's, because of the severe wear and tear that quads and triple axels cause on their bodies. I can't think of any top ranked man in recent years that was able to do two Olympics in great physical condition. Ilia Kulik only did one Olympics. Yagudin only did one (and even at his one Olympics Yagudin needed painkiller shots to get through it and he wrecked his hip in the process). Plushy has obviously had a gazillion injuries and surgeries. Lysacek only did one and has injury issues now. Takahashi had one prior Olympics but now he's not in good shape physically. Chan was in one prior Olympics but he wasn't doing quads yet back then. Goebel only did one Olympics before his injuries caught up with him. Given current technical demands, men really can't be in top physical form for very long.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Things I want to happen besides Jeremy having a skate he can be proud of:

Liebers doing well because I love his music
Obviously Jason doing awesome
And for everyone to skate to their ability so that if someone doesn't make it, it's not because of an unfortunate splatfest

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Herren Kurzprogramm
Austragungsort der Eiskunstlauf-Wettbewerbe ist der "Eisberg"-Eislaufpalast im sogenannten "Coastal Cluster" direkt am Schwarzen Meer. Pluschenko aus Russland und Chan aus Kanada sind die Favoriten.
Reporter: Daniel Weiss

Text written beneath the german stream. Basically saying Plushenko and Chan are favourites. Okay......

Tesla

Final Flight
Very true. I think in recent years, men's prime skating timespan has become very short actually, even shorter than women's, because of the severe wear and tear that quads and triple axels cause on their bodies. I can't think of any top ranked man in recent years that was able to do two Olympics in great physical condition. Ilia Kulik only did one Olympics. Yagudin only did one (and even at his one Olympics Yagudin needed painkiller shots to get through it and he wrecked his hip in the process). Plushy has obviously had a gazillion injuries and surgeries. Lysacek only did one and has injury issues now. Takahashi had one prior Olympics but now he's not in good shape physically. Chan was in one prior Olympics but he wasn't doing quads yet back then. Goebel only did one Olympics before his injuries caught up with him. Given current technical demands, men really can't be in top physical form for very long.

What are you talking about? Yagudin went to two Olympics, Lysacek went to two Olympics, and this is Takahashi's third Olympics.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Here are the judges:
Samuel AUXIER USA
Francoise DE RAPPARD BEL
Guangying QIN CHN
Stanislava SMIDOVA CZE
Evgeni ROKHIN UZB
Peter LEVIN SWE
Anthony LEROY FRA
Igor OBRAZTSOV RUS
Christine MOERTH SUI

Trewyn

Medalist
So excited! Sporza will provide commentary by Kevin VDP again. Go Jorik!!!!

I hope it'll be a great competition! Bring it on!

ARipp42014

Medalist
Johnny and Tara match again...

Johnny: black leather jacket, white shirt, gold necklace
Tara: white blazer, black sweater, silver necklace

KKonas

Medalist
Here are the judges:
Samuel AUXIER USA
Francoise DE RAPPARD BEL
Guangying QIN CHN
Stanislava SMIDOVA CZE
Evgeni ROKHIN UZB
Peter LEVIN SWE
Anthony LEROY FRA
Igor OBRAZTSOV RUS
Christine MOERTH SUI

Thanks for the update! I accidently clicked on the team mens SP judging panel before my morning coffee.

ice coverage

Record Breaker

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Hahahahaha NBC's picture to access the stream on the app is Jason from what I think might be his gala earlier this year.