2014 Olympics Mens Short Program | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2014 Olympics Mens Short Program

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
CBC people said best 24.

Good try Liam! I haven't seen much of him but hopefully he gets better in the years to come.

Well good bye Liam. So sad. And because he skated first no quality points for his pcs. He tried his best I am sure but we can't all have stellar debuts - still this was pretty bad. A skater with no quad must land his or her jumps or at least only stumble on the triple axel. Hopefully better luck will be with the other skaters.I wonder how he feels??? Canadians and Americans rarely have such problems qualifying - though I do think skaters like Czisny have been held up. This makes vaughn Chipeur's efforts look much better in vancouver where and when he barely qualified.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Give the audience a little credit, will you? We have seen many competitions in all different countries, when skaters fell or did bad on something, the audiences used clapping as the encouragement and support to the skaters. Is this your first time watching skating competition?

Me believes amateur's post was sarcastic. Hence the [/sarcasm] after it.

lady_bee

Medalist
I am having a difficult time, Robin or Johnny?
Maybe Robin, I can't stand Tara's commenting, though I like Johnny's:think:.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
HENDRICKX Jorik (BEL)

Music: Caravan by Duke Ellington

Black costume. Fiery sparkles on hem and shoulders. Black gloves

3A - clean
3Lz+3T
FCSp
3Lo
StSq
CSSp
CCoSp

Solid, clean skate. He fist pump and looks absolutely happy.

SP: 39.88+32.64 = 72.52, in 1st (out of 4)

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
for someone like Tara who was an elite fs
I am shocked the way she commentates looks like she doesnt know anything
stop repeating jumper, artistry etc.

amateur

Final Flight
Give the audience a little credit, will you? We have seen many many competitions in all different countries, when skaters fell or did bad on something, the audiences used clapping as the encouragement and support to the skaters. Is this your first time watching skating competition?

I did mean that entirely sarcastically (though I will apologize for it, because I usually dislike sarcasm myself). I was referencing the sorts of comments made last night when there was clapping after S/S's fall - some people assumed the worst, and I disagreed that that was what it was all about.

Of course the audience was trying to encourage Liam. He was the first skater on, and fell on his first jump!

To answer your question, it's probably about my 1,001st time watching a skating competition ! :)

ARipp42014

Medalist
Despite Tara being a toughie, she's better than Sandra!

I'm sure Terry is happy to have a duo like Tara and Johnny. Reminds him of his days with Dick and Peggy!

Tara=Dick, Johnny=Peggy

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
I did mean that entirely sarcastically (though I apologize for it, because I usually dislike sarcasm myself). I was referencing the sorts of comments made last night when there was clapping after S/S's fall - some people assumed the worst, and I disagreed that that was what it was all about.

Of course the audience was trying to encourage Liam. He was the first skater on, and fell on his first jump!

To answer your question, it's probably about my 1,001st time watching a skating competition ! :)

We need a sarcasm font.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
MARTINEZ Michael Christian (PHI)

Music: Romeo and Juliet by Nino Rota

Black, white and gold renaissance costume.

3A
3Lz+3T<< - twofooted
CCSp
3Lo
StSq
FSSp
CCoSP - Biellman

Big mistake on combo, but good flexibility in Charlotte spiral, Ina Bauer, cantilever and spins

SP: 33.31+31.50 = 64.81 (SB), in 3rd (out of 5)

waddup

Rinkside
Anyone have an idea when the last two groups will be on? Wondering if I'll be able to make it back home in time to see at least the last two groups :(