Mail Theft and Mail Delivery Problems - Galore | Golden Skate

Mail Theft and Mail Delivery Problems - Galore

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Boy, folks, I sure will be happy to get out of this area. I am having MAJOR problems in my apt. complex with mail theft and the person who constantly misdirects my mail and therefore I often do not receive my bills on time. It is very frustrating.

To make matters worse our mail man is leaving the postal box at our apt. open (so management claims - I believe otherwise - mail theft). I think three days in a row is a little "suspicious" or he is very forgetful!!

I am fed up with whole situation. I can't wait until I move out of this place!

:mad:

insecureedge

On the Ice
I'm sorry to hear about your problems. I, too, live in an apartment complex that has its mailboxes not locked inside but within public access. I hope that it's not only the mail issues that are forcing you to move.

InsecureEdge

guinevere

Final Flight
There was a massive mail theft problem here in Seattle a few years ago - ever since then I only mail my bill payments from an actual post office (I don't leave it out for my postal carrier to pick up or drop it in a box on the street). It sounds like your problems are more on the receiving end, Lad. Would you consider getting a PO box until you move? The extra $ is a hassle, but the security of getting your bills on time (and if you have credit cards, the protection against identity theft!) might be worth it while you're looking for your dream home.

guinevere

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Guinevere.......I was thinking the same thing......maybe a post office box would be the way to go. I too am leary about mailing bills from my home mailbox, and often make the trip into town to drop mail off at a drop box. 42

Silver Lining

Rinkside
I never had a problem with Canada Post until I moved to where I live now, which is odd because this is a less densely populated area than my last few residences. For years I was getting mail for addresses that had the same apartment number but a different street address. To make matters worse, the mailman refused to pick up misdelivered mail that was left on top of mailboxes. Once I saw a letter from the UBC department of psychiatry addressed to a doctor in a clinic a few blocks away left sitting in the hallway for over a week. He claimed "I'm only responsible for putting mail IN the boxes, nothing more".:rolleye: I complained for years about this and his habit of leaving my mailbox open to the local office, then the regional office, the national office, and finally I had to go to the Canada Post Ombudsman several times to get them to be more responsible.
They installed mail slots in our doors a year ago and we have a female carrier now, so things are much better. :)