Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Will Mao throw or drop the triple axel?

Tripping on the Podium

Will Mao throw or drop the triple axel?

I really think Gracie is showing She's ready to fight for a medal, She has to be perfect and others make mistakes that's pretty obvious of course. Yulia is really consistent so far.

Will Mao throw or drop the tripe? What would you do? In my opinion She has to drop it to play it safe.

Custom Title
    No, she will not drop it. I think deep down she knows that she is likely off the podium or in contention for silver or bronze so she might as well go for it and take her chances to earn gold. And, I think she should not drop it; at this point she should be able to land at least two. Olympics bring out Mao's greatest fire - her practices look great too!

Quote Originally Posted by TripleToe View Post
    I really think Gracie is showing She's ready to fight for a medal, She has to be perfect and others make mistakes that's pretty obvious of course. Yulia is really consistent so far.

Will Mao throw or drop the tripe? What would you do? In my opinion She has to drop it to play it safe.

Custom Title
    It seems that she needs two 3A's even for a silver or bronze. Yuna's PBS, 228; Yulia's, 214. Mao's, 207.

Custom Title

Gracie was great, but the team was assured of a medal before she skated. she could still bomb when the real pressure is on (hopefull not).

Custom Title
    It's Mao. She will do the 3A regardless of how it's going in practice.

In reality I am more concerned about the 3-3 planned for LP

Custom Title
    Mao is in big trouble now.

Custom Title
    Why is this another Gracie Gold thread?

Anyways, I am positive Mao will keep the two 3A in her arsenal. If not, she will not be satisfied.

Maybe I am delusional, but I think Mao will finally land those 3As (if not fully rotated then underrotated) and a 8 triple program. Tall order, but you have to give this girl some credit for trying.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Becki View Post

Anyways, I am positive Mao will keep the two 3A in her arsenal. If not, she will not be satisfied.

Maybe I am delusional, but I think Mao will finally land those 3As (if not fully rotated then underrotated) and a 8 triple program. Tall order, but you have to give this girl some credit for trying.
    ITA.
    Mao won't be satisfied without 3A. This is her last Olympics.
    People's attention is now centred on Julia and Yuna, so she may take a lot of pressure off.
    I think that's a good thing for her.

Her best performance of the season is usually seen in February, so I'm not worrying.
    Japanese media reported she was doing 3-3 in practices in Sochi, too. People seem to be interested in only 3A, though.

I really hope so but something is telling me that the tech controller will watch her triple axel very closely.

I think she will have one clean axel and one stuffed axel.

Custom Title

that is the oddest start to will Mao do the axel or not - talking about Gracie - so very random lol. I think mao has to stick with the axel; she can't change her mind every second - it will cause her to lose confidence; she has to stick witht he program.

Custom Title

I think she will land at least one axel but at what cost she could get called for urs left and right if she is not careful

Custom Title

Why? She landed couple of good triple axels (not looking underrotated like GP) in Sochi practices.

Banned

atm, Gracie is now more consistent than Mao
    she has put 2 solid performances in a row

Gracie has edge in speed, power and jumps
    her physical body type is just as good as Yuna

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    It's Mao. She will do the 3A regardless of how it's going in practice.
    That sums it up nicely, 100% correct.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast