Social media/media roundup thread! | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Social media/media roundup thread!

LRK

Record Breaker
I'm waiting for the NBC fluff with Plushenko presented as Russian Villain. :popcorn: It's his 4th and last Olympic fluff, it'd better be the best of them!:thumbsup::agree:

I don't know... NBC's Plushy coverage so far has been quite... benign, actually. But, I agree, if they are to do one, it should be one for the ages. Considering this is Plushy's fourth and last Olympics, I will settle for nothing less than Most Exalted Super Villain in the History of All Sports (not just figure skating). And the music choice better be good as well!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
https://twitter.com/USFigureSkating/status/431127819109011456/photo/1

U.S. Figure Skating
‏@USFigureSkating
This drawing from @sim_es_aba is one of the best things you'll see today. Awesome! #GoTeamUSA pic.twitter.com/AFgq2aL5Z3
10:10 AM - 5 Feb 2014

The fan who drew it is from Sendai, Japan. I LOVE IT. So cute and adorable and quite true to form -- Jason's Russian spilt, Charlie and Meryl's curve lift (and Charlie's hair, hehe) and the Shibutanis' Thriller pose.

ciocio

On the Ice
I don't know... NBC's Plushy coverage so far has been quite... benign, actually. But, I agree, if they are to do one, it should be one for the ages. Considering this is Plushy's fourth and last Olympics, I will settle for nothing less than Most Exalted Super Villain in the History of All Sports (not just figure skating). And the music choice better be good as well!

Yeah, I hope they invited Daniel Craig as guest star..:laugh:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Jason Brown, Zhang/Bartholomay, and Gold just appeared for a couple of seconds on "NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams."

The closing tape piece was about a female Team USA moguls skier who broke her leg while training in Sochi this week, but who insisted on walking with crutches in the Opening Ceremony.

The Team USA skaters -- at the Opening Ceremony in their official sweaters -- said how inspiring she was to them.

They all were standing in a row together, but at first I didn't even recognize them ... until Jason's voice rose above the others with his distinctive inflection and energetic warmth as he expressed support for her. :)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Jason Brown posted one of his famous photo collages on Instagram after the team event: http://instagram.com/p/kQBSipTXCn/

I don't even know where to begin...The team event was absolutely incredible! From start to finish, the excitement just continued to build...I am so honored to be a part of this team, and to have represented team USA in the first ever figure skating team event! Im so proud of my teammates and the performances they put out! I've looked up to these 7 athletes for years...whether watching them through my computer, screaming at the TV, or cheering as a huge fan from the stands at completions they are my heroes, my role models, and now and forever, my teammates. They've been huge inspirations to me, so standing on that medal stand tonight, alongside them was truly special...It's a moment I will never forget and sharing it with these 7 unbelievable athletes was beyond a dream come true. We will always be Olympic Bronze Medalists together, as a TEAM!! #sochi2014 #teamusa

Now everyone say it with me. "AWWWWWWWWWWW."

Also impressed that he typed that whole thing from his phone.

Meryl Davis did too: http://instagram.com/p/kOjS5hjEYr/
Team USA! So proud to be a part of such a group! We've become so close and a true team. Thanks everyone back home for the love and support! 🇺🇸 ✌️#teamusa #sochi2014

babyskate

On the Ice
Jason Brown posted one of his famous photo collages on Instagram after the team event: http://instagram.com/p/kQBSipTXCn/

I don't even know where to begin...The team event was absolutely incredible! From start to finish, the excitement just continued to build...I am so honored to be a part of this team, and to have represented team USA in the first ever figure skating team event! Im so proud of my teammates and the performances they put out! I've looked up to these 7 athletes for years...whether watching them through my computer, screaming at the TV, or cheering as a huge fan from the stands at completions they are my heroes, my role models, and now and forever, my teammates. They've been huge inspirations to me, so standing on that medal stand tonight, alongside them was truly special...It's a moment I will never forget and sharing it with these 7 unbelievable athletes was beyond a dream come true. We will always be Olympic Bronze Medalists together, as a TEAM!! #sochi2014 #teamusa

Now everyone say it with me. "AWWWWWWWWWWW."

Also impressed that he typed that whole thing from his phone.

Meryl Davis did too: http://instagram.com/p/kOjS5hjEYr/
Team USA! So proud to be a part of such a group! We've become so close and a true team. Thanks everyone back home for the love and support! ���� ✌️#teamusa #sochi2014
That completely personifies who he is. What a special person. Love the collage. Thank you for sharing. Just put a big smile on my face.

lcd

Match Penalty

LRK

Record Breaker
Evgeni Plushenko‏@EvgeniPlushenko·15 min
Хочу поздравить Юзуру Ханю,Патрика Чана и Дениса Тена с олимпийскими медалями!

Plushenko News_Eng‏@PlushenkoNews·12 min
RT @EvgeniPlushenko: I want to congratulate Yuzuru Hanyu, Patrick Chan and Denis Ten for Olympic medals!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
While the angst continues over the men's free skate: here's are some cute photos from Jason Brown in honor of Valentine's Day:

http://instagram.com/p/kZrUabzXDb/

Happy Valentines Day from Sochi everyone!!! Can't thank everyone enough for all of there love and support throughout this entire year!! Love you guys so much! #happyvalentinesday

http://instagram.com/p/kZ1aYRTXGk/

It's been quite the Valentines Day and definitely one of the coolest so far!! @Kirsten_MT is my Valentine for the day...Lunch with @EmHughes26 and a Valentine's Card was left on the door from @Meryl_Davis!!! Three of the most incredible people I know! This is just too cool to be real! Hope everyone is having a great valentines day!

Awwww....so cute. Love that Meryl gave him a V-Day card!

Happy Valentine's Day, all!

LRK

Record Breaker
Plushy on Brian (via Googletranslate):

http://www.centre-presse.fr/article...omme-l-un-des-tres-grands-de-notre-sport.html

"I feel a tremendous respect for Brian Joubert, I consider him one of the very best of our sport"

Thus says Yevgeny Plushenko about Poitevin. At 31, one is nicknamed "the Tsar" (Olympic champion, triple world champion, five-time European Champion) involved, as Joubert, in his last Olympics, home to Russia. "Brian managed an incredible career. He is the only survivor against which I fought that is always there. This is all the more impressive that it remains competitive for the Games, as I am. It represents the physical skating, muscular, powerful, pleasing the public. His contribution to the sport is priceless. Brian is very popular, admired around the world. In Russia, it is a true star. This is why I invited my tour in Russia after the Games. And also because I consider him a friend. " A beautiful tribute from a great champion.

(I adore that photo of Brian and Plushy from 2004.)

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
Plushy on Brian (via Googletranslate):

http://www.centre-presse.fr/article...omme-l-un-des-tres-grands-de-notre-sport.html

"I feel a tremendous respect for Brian Joubert, I consider him one of the very best of our sport"

Thus says Yevgeny Plushenko about Poitevin. At 31, one is nicknamed "the Tsar" (Olympic champion, triple world champion, five-time European Champion) involved, as Joubert, in his last Olympics, home to Russia. "Brian managed an incredible career. He is the only survivor against which I fought that is always there. This is all the more impressive that it remains competitive for the Games, as I am. It represents the physical skating, muscular, powerful, pleasing the public. His contribution to the sport is priceless. Brian is very popular, admired around the world. In Russia, it is a true star. This is why I invited my tour in Russia after the Games. And also because I consider him a friend. " A beautiful tribute from a great champion.

(I adore that photo of Brian and Plushy from 2004.)

Thanks for the link and info! :) btw, "Poitevin" means "from the city of Poitiers". :)

ice coverage

Record Breaker
In a Tonight show sketch with Jimmy Fallon and Will Ferrell, Michelle Obama just said that figure skating is her favorite Winter Olympic sport. :cool: