Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 92

Thread: Gracie Gold on the cover of Sports Illustrated

  1. #1
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    66

    Thumbs up Gracie Gold on the cover of Sports Illustrated

    How amazing! YAY for Gracie! for representing Figure Skating in such a big magazine! She's on the cover of SI this week
    http://instagram.com/p/jwqiMggUpT/ She's doing big things! She won nationals, going to Sochi as U.S. #1, Jay Leno, Sports Illustrated! So happy for her! hard work pays off

  2. #2
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    27,954
    Oh no! Isn't the Sports Illustrated cover supposed to be jinxed?

    Seriously, this is beyond cool. Good for Gracie.

  3. #3
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    15,127
    Better they jinx Gracie, who is an outside shot for a medal in any case, than that they jinx Meryl & Charlie.

  4. #4
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    66
    Shaun White, The U.S Women's gymnastics team "The Fierce Five", LeBron James, Lindsey Vonn were on the cover before the Olympics and well... they were really really successful post-magazine cover! the gymnastics team was the most successful at London 2012, James won the Championships and White and Vonn were Olympic Champion so I don't believe in that jink, I'm not superstitious LOL in any case She's on the cover She already won at life.

  5. #5
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,521
    Go Gracie! It's been a long time since we have had a skater in the US who is technically on par with the best in the world.

  6. #6
    Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    4,164
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleToe View Post
    How amazing! YAY for Gracie! for representing Figure Skating in such a big magazine! She's on the cover of SI this week
    http://instagram.com/p/jwqiMggUpT/ She's doing big things! She won nationals, going to Sochi as U.S. #1, Jay Leno, Sports Illustrated! So happy for her! hard work pays off
    Not raining on Gold's parade, but to be more precise:
    She is not on THE cover of SI this week; she is on A cover of SI this week (#3 of four different ones). Still a big deal for her agent and for her.

    This week's issue of Sports Illustrated features four unique covers to preview the Sochi Olympics. U.S. Winter Olympians Mikaela Shiffrin, Gracie Gold and Bode Miller each grace a cover while Arielle Gold and Jamie Anderson share the fourth cover. The athletes' stories and ages range from the 18-year-old Shiffrin making her Olympic debut and chasing the legacy of Lindsey Vonn to the 36-year-old Miller back for his fifth Olympic Games and seeking the record for most Winter Olympics medals by an American. This is the first time SI has utilized four national covers for its Olympic Preview.
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/-ol...mpics-preview/ (all covers are shown at this link)

    Or to see the other three covers individually:

    #1: Mikaela Shiffrin (aka the next Lindsey Vonn)

    #2: Arielle Gold and Jamie Anderson (snowboarders)

    #4: Bode Miller

    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Better they jinx Gracie, who is an outside shot for a medal in any case, than that they jinx Meryl & Charlie.


    ETA, forgot to ask:
    What kind of jump is Gold performing? Something to please the photog??

  7. #7
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    984
    I think she looks beautiful.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,379
    wow, she is very confident
    I have no doubt now its Gracie Gold's Olympic Gold medal to lose now

  9. #9
    Custom Title Sasha'sSpins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    747
    Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post

    ETA, forgot to ask:
    What kind of jump is Gold performing? Something to please the photog??
    Looks like a version of a stag jump to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Better they jinx Gracie, who is an outside shot for a medal in any case, than that they jinx Meryl & Charlie.
    THIS! Anyway, Congrats Gracie!

  10. #10
    skating philosopher
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    7,988
    Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    Not raining on Gold's parade, but to be more precise:
    She is not on THE cover of SI this week; she is on A cover of SI this week (#3 of four different ones). Still a big deal for her agent and for her.

    This week's issue of Sports Illustrated features four unique covers to preview the Sochi Olympics. U.S. Winter Olympians Mikaela Shiffrin, Gracie Gold and Bode Miller each grace a cover while Arielle Gold and Jamie Anderson share the fourth cover. The athletes' stories and ages range from the 18-year-old Shiffrin making her Olympic debut and chasing the legacy of Lindsey Vonn to the 36-year-old Miller back for his fifth Olympic Games and seeking the record for most Winter Olympics medals by an American. This is the first time SI has utilized four national covers for its Olympic Preview.
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/-ol...mpics-preview/ (all covers are shown at this link)

    Or to see the other three covers individually:

    #1: Mikaela Shiffrin (aka the next Lindsey Vonn)

    #2: Arielle Gold and Jamie Anderson (snowboarders)

    #4: Bode Miller

    I like all of them, but the Bode Miller cover is my favorite.

    Great for Gracie though! Congrats to her.

  11. #11
    Custom Title BlackPack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,031
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Better they jinx Gracie, who is an outside shot for a medal in any case, than that they jinx Meryl & Charlie.
    Gracie has many competitors who can beat her, but Meryl & Charlie don't. V&M haven't been able to catch up to them all season.

  12. #12
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,606
    Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    Not raining on Gold's parade, but to be more precise:
    She is not on THE cover of SI this week; she is on A cover of SI this week (#3 of four different ones). Still a big deal for her agent and for her.

    This week's issue of Sports Illustrated features four unique covers to preview the Sochi Olympics. U.S. Winter Olympians Mikaela Shiffrin, Gracie Gold and Bode Miller each grace a cover while Arielle Gold and Jamie Anderson share the fourth cover. The athletes' stories and ages range from the 18-year-old Shiffrin making her Olympic debut and chasing the legacy of Lindsey Vonn to the 36-year-old Miller back for his fifth Olympic Games and seeking the record for most Winter Olympics medals by an American. This is the first time SI has utilized four national covers for its Olympic Preview.
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/-ol...mpics-preview/ (all covers are shown at this link)

    Or to see the other three covers individually:

    #1: Mikaela Shiffrin (aka the next Lindsey Vonn)

    #2: Arielle Gold and Jamie Anderson (snowboarders)

    #4: Bode Miller





    ETA, forgot to ask:
    What kind of jump is Gold performing? Something to please the photog??
    maybe a stag jump or that jump Sonje Heniee always seemed to do.

  13. #13
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,606
    i wouldn't worry though I wouldn't mind seeing D and W get silver; I really like V and M's long program now. Though it would be nice for D and W to get a gold I really think the Canadians deserve it technically and artistically.

  14. #14
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    237
    Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    Not raining on Gold's parade, but to be more precise:
    She is not on THE cover of SI this week; she is on A cover of SI this week (#3 of four different ones). Still a big deal for her agent and for her.

    This week's issue of Sports Illustrated features four unique covers to preview the Sochi Olympics. U.S. Winter Olympians Mikaela Shiffrin, Gracie Gold and Bode Miller each grace a cover while Arielle Gold and Jamie Anderson share the fourth cover. The athletes' stories and ages range from the 18-year-old Shiffrin making her Olympic debut and chasing the legacy of Lindsey Vonn to the 36-year-old Miller back for his fifth Olympic Games and seeking the record for most Winter Olympics medals by an American. This is the first time SI has utilized four national covers for its Olympic Preview.
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/-ol...mpics-preview/ (all covers are shown at this link)

    Or to see the other three covers individually:

    #1: Mikaela Shiffrin (aka the next Lindsey Vonn)

    #2: Arielle Gold and Jamie Anderson (snowboarders)

    #4: Bode Miller
    Still it's cool and she looks great! I guess it's been a long while since a figure skater made the cover of SI. I hope she give the performances in Sochi fitting the bill as the next U.S. star figure skater. Podium is within her reach.

  15. #15
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    11
    Just think about the odds of getting two Gold's on Team USA, Arielle and Gracie. Maybe their medal chances have improved.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •