Gracie Gold on the cover of Sports Illustrated | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Gracie Gold on the cover of Sports Illustrated

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
She looks great!!! :clap: I saw the pic on my phone - are her guards still on? :laugh: you'd think they could have at least done a rink shoot with a sports photographer.

I've come to accept that sky_fly is merely a fan who hopes the best, being an OGM, for Gracie. So just like Bieber's fans are free to think he's the best singer in the world, we should just let bygones be bygones.

Funny, my first thought was that it looked like her guards were still on. :) Good for her. She is a beautiful young woman and the world is there for her. I hope she goes clean in Sochi. It will be interesting.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I didnt know who is Bode Miller but I m willing to go and find now:love:

Really Seniorita?? Think Christopher Bowman meets Oda or Oksana Baiul (on a bad drunk day) meets Kurt Browning in his young days crossed with a frat boy who eventually matures into a stock broker with a kink or two.

lavender

Record Breaker
Really Seniorita?? Think Christopher Bowman meets Oda or Oksana Baiul (on a bad drunk day) meets Kurt Browning in his young days crossed with a frat boy who eventually matures into a stock broker with a kink or two.

...yep and who won an Olympic gold medal in 2010 and other world championships.

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist

Skater Boy, I think you just described Ryan Lochte. Total Himbo.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Your delusional

the media and news featurs Gracie gets now is huge for figure skating
Gracie has been in fashion mags, sport cover, has media interviews, endorsements, I really think she has it all
blonde, attractive and I think she has what the usfs has been waiting for

Gracie too has has what Yuna has
speed, power, huge jumps capable of good GOE, ideal body type, very attractive girl ( almost hollywood like )
and her artistic merits is improving, so I have no idea if your reply was meant as sort of being offended :confused:

Johar

Medalist
None of the stores (7-11, Walgreens etc ) or bookstores are carrying Sports Illustrated. :bang:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Congrats to Gracie! She looks fabulous!

I wonder who her manager is, could it be Shep Goldberg?

Looks like a version of a stag jump to me.

Sports Illustrated is a big fan of the stag jump. :)

http://l.yimg.com/os/publish-images...-5752-4397-8b2b-48280519a403_0209_large-1.jpg

Bode Miller is such a bad ***. 5-time Olympic medalist. Bad boy streak. Best male American skier of all time.

It was in 2006 that Miller went all Justin Bieber (except that Bieber is 19 and Miller was 28). Miller did OK at the 2002 Olympics, but in 2006 he very publicly spent the whole time drinking and partying in the Olympic village. He showed up at his events hung over and unprepared, He missed gates and finished well off the podium in every competition. He posted on Facebook that he didn't give a rat's behind, and if the fans didn't like it they could shove it. The next year he quit team U.S.A. altogether for two years.

By 2010 he had his act together and won three medals. Go Bode! ;)

Congrats to Gracie! She looks fabulous!

I wonder who her manager is, could it be Shep Goldberg?

I think it is IMG.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Miller did OK at the 2002 Olympics

He did more than okay! With 2 silvers in the combined and giant slalom, he was the only non-European to medal in skiing. :) Definitely had a party boy not-give-a-crap attitude in Turin, but amazing to see him get it together in Vancouver. :) He's 36 now and coming back from surgery... a la Plushenko, it would probably be one of the greatest comebacks if he were able to win a medal.

Robeye

Final Flight
Oh no! Isn't the Sports Illustrated cover supposed to be jinxed? :)

Seriously, this is beyond cool. Good for Gracie.
Mathman, I hope you haven't forgotten our wager. I think you're probably safe for 2014, but I'm determined to collect eventually. :biggrin:

Ahhhh, that six-pack is going to taste sweet in 2018. (Message to Gracie: you better come through for me, and prove that mean old Mathman wrong!!! :laugh:)

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker

desertskates

Medalist
This. Is. Perfection. It's a motion shot but it looks like there is no tension in her body; she looks completely relaxed. This stag jump position is amazing! Her lines in this shot...and against the plain black background...it's just stunning. :love: So beautiful, elegant...one of my all-time favorite pics of her.

Wow, I'd never seen that picture. It is absolutely gorgeous! Gracie's is as well. Hopefully all the skaters stay free of injuries and nasty colds and the like as they head to Sochi!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Thanks to everyone for gently rectifying my ignorance re the stag jump. That's what GS friends are for. :)

ETA:
This. Is. Perfection. It's a motion shot but it looks like there is no tension in her body; she looks completely relaxed. This stag jump position is amazing! Her lines in this shot...and against the plain black background...it's just stunning. :love: So beautiful, elegant...one of my all-time favorite pics of her.

:agree: Thanks to Mathman for the gorgeous cover showing Kwan's stag jump. (I like her costume too.)​

Just think about the odds of getting two Gold's on Team USA, Arielle and Gracie. Maybe their medal chances have improved.

Better yet: the surname Gold belongs to THREE Team USA competitors in Sochi. Arielle's brother Taylor, who also is a snowboarder, is the third.

ETA: IIRC, I think Phil Hersh has said that they are the first Team USA athletes named Gold at any Winter Games.​

samson

Medalist
Congrats to Gracie and the other athletes too! What a great moment.

I have to say though... Sports Illustrated REALLY needs to get a new graphic designer...

Sasha'sSpins

Medalist
Country
United-States

Wow, I've never seen that before. Had no idea Kwan had been on the cover of SI. What year/Olympic cycle is it from?
Gracie has many competitors who can beat her, but Meryl & Charlie don't. V&M haven't been able to catch up to them all season.

I don't know - V&M came way close to them at the GPF. I still hope D&W win Olympic gold but it's still between those two teams and the judges of course.