Gracie Gold on the cover of Sports Illustrated | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Gracie Gold on the cover of Sports Illustrated

lavender

Record Breaker
Wow, I've never seen that before. Had no idea Kwan had been on the cover of SI. What year/Olympic cycle is it from?

I don't know - V&M came way close to them at the GPF. I still hope D&W win Olympic gold but it's still between those two teams and the judges of course.

I agree....

Barb

Record Breaker
wow, she is very confident
I have no doubt now its Gracie Gold's Olympic Gold medal to lose now :)

A few months ago you were all about Julia L. and now Gracie???, I mean, it is great that you are fan of both girls :), but who is your favorite :unsure:??

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
This. Is. Perfection. It's a motion shot but it looks like there is no tension in her body; she looks completely relaxed. This stag jump position is amazing! Her lines in this shot...and against the plain black background...it's just stunning. :love: So beautiful, elegant...one of my all-time favorite pics of her.

Mine too!

seniorita

Record Breaker
Sports Illustrated is a big fan of the stag jump. :)

http://l.yimg.com/os/publish-images...-5752-4397-8b2b-48280519a403_0209_large-1.jpg

It was in 2006 that Miller went all Justin Bieber (except that Bieber is 19 and Miller was 28). Miller did OK at the 2002 Olympics, but in 2006 he very publicly spent the whole time drinking and partying in the Olympic village. He showed up at his events hung over and unprepared, He missed gates and finished well off the podium in every competition. He posted on Facebook that he didn't give a rat's behind, and if the fans didn't like it they could shove it. The next year he quit team U.S.A. altogether for two years.

By 2010 he had his act together and won three medals. Go Bode! ;)

I think it is IMG.

I m already rooting for him! Maybe I try to find tickets and do cheerleading. Awesome MK photo btw!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Well, we all know how predictive the Time Olympics Preview issue is ...

http://content.time.com/time/covers/0,16641,20020211,00.html

Who appears on the cover of their foreign edition?

If you are referring to the cover of TIME's international edition, the answer of course is Gr... uh, NOT.

See Julia Lipnitskaia :) on the cover of TIME here:

The question is whether Lipnitskaia's cover "needs" ;) its own thread.

aftertherain

Record Breaker
If you are referring to the cover of TIME's international edition, the answer of course is Gr... uh, NOT.

I think I might be the only person who thinks that that is a poorly-chosen picture of Gracie.

See, look at Julia's picture--it's an action shot, but it's clean-cut and makes her look fierce. Gracie's? Not so much.

desertskates

Medalist

That would be such a beautiful image if I didn't have to twist my head and adjust my glasses to try and figure out what the heck is going on with that outfit :confused:

louisa05

Final Flight
wow, she is very confident
I have no doubt now its Gracie Gold's Olympic Gold medal to lose now :)

Which PCS score does "on the cover of a magazine" garner extra points in? Because I'm certain that it doesn't earn tech points or GOE.

If magazine covers guaranteed gold medals, more athletes would be paying agents to get them on one.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker

Wow, Time! Not to trivialize Gracie's cover, but a *Time* cover is considerably more prominent and amazing than Sports Illustrated. Of all the potential athletes to select, that's awesome that Julia was selected and a stellar pose too! :clap: I would have chosen one of her iconic back spirals though. http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/236x/3c/c6/9d/3cc69d8b4066d01dec6de891f36c80f8.jpg

aschiutza

On the Ice
I think the Time cover is a little better than the SI cover, it is less busy and show better the face . Still Gold position is "I won" position, tipically for sport and fitness magazines and shows great optimism. Lipnitskaya pose is more artistic, ballet and shows more from her personality.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I actually like Gold's pose more... it's cheerier and more exciting. I still can't get over the skate guards though... like there's photoshopped ice flying up and it makes no sense, lol.

Barb

Record Breaker
I think they could do a better job with both skaters, Julia has one of the most beautiful dresses ever, her red dress and they use that? the pose is great but her costume no. And Grecie same, her dress is horrible and she is so much happy in that photo :eek:hwell:, let alone her poor lines, I prefer something more elegant like this :

https://www.google.com.mx/search?q=...rigan-michelle-kwan-2014-1%3Fop%3D1;1200;1088

https://www.google.com.mx/search?q=...2Ffigure_skating_fashion_through.html;948;667

darializa

Rinkside
This. Is. Perfection. It's a motion shot but it looks like there is no tension in her body; she looks completely relaxed. This stag jump position is amazing! Her lines in this shot...and against the plain black background...it's just stunning. :love: So beautiful, elegant...one of my all-time favorite pics of her.
My favorite photo also! Michelle looks exquisite in this photo.

RABID

Final Flight
I think the Time cover is a little better than the SI cover, it is less busy and show better the face . Still Gold position is "I won" position, tipically for sport and fitness magazines and shows great optimism. Lipnitskaya pose is more artistic, ballet and shows more from her personality.

I think they're both good for what they represent. Gracie's exuberance and athleticism vs Julia's lithe form and what she can do with it. Both images give clues as what to expect from either skater.

flying camel

Medalist
If anyone is interested US magazine has an Olympic Collectors edition out right now. There are beautiful photos of Gracie, Ashley,
D & W, Shibutani's. They talk about the rivalries of Tara and Michelle, Lyacek and Johnny, battle of the Brians. There are also some old Olympic stories of Harding/ Kerrigan, Hamill and Yamaguchi. There are also stories on other Olympic athletes.