Gracie Gold on the cover of Sports Illustrated | Golden Skate

Gracie Gold on the cover of Sports Illustrated

TripleToe

Rinkside
How amazing! YAY for Gracie! for representing Figure Skating in such a big magazine! She's on the cover of SI this week
http://instagram.com/p/jwqiMggUpT/ She's doing big things! She won nationals, going to Sochi as U.S. #1, Jay Leno, Sports Illustrated! So happy for her! hard work pays off

Oh no! Isn't the Sports Illustrated cover supposed to be jinxed? :)

Seriously, this is beyond cool. Good for Gracie.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Better they jinx Gracie, who is an outside shot for a medal in any case, than that they jinx Meryl & Charlie.

TripleToe

Rinkside
Shaun White, The U.S Women's gymnastics team "The Fierce Five", LeBron James, Lindsey Vonn were on the cover before the Olympics and well... they were really really successful post-magazine cover! the gymnastics team was the most successful at London 2012, James won the Championships and White and Vonn were Olympic Champion so I don't believe in that jink, I'm not superstitious LOL in any case She's on the cover She already won at life.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Go Gracie! It's been a long time since we have had a skater in the US who is technically on par with the best in the world.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
How amazing! YAY for Gracie! for representing Figure Skating in such a big magazine! She's on the cover of SI this week
http://instagram.com/p/jwqiMggUpT/ She's doing big things! She won nationals, going to Sochi as U.S. #1, Jay Leno, Sports Illustrated! So happy for her! hard work pays off

Not raining on Gold's parade, but to be more precise:
She is not on THE cover of SI this week; she is on A cover of SI this week (#3 of four different ones). Still a big deal for her agent and for her.​

This week's issue of Sports Illustrated features four unique covers to preview the Sochi Olympics. U.S. Winter Olympians Mikaela Shiffrin, Gracie Gold and Bode Miller each grace a cover while Arielle Gold and Jamie Anderson share the fourth cover. The athletes' stories and ages range from the 18-year-old Shiffrin making her Olympic debut and chasing the legacy of Lindsey Vonn to the 36-year-old Miller back for his fifth Olympic Games and seeking the record for most Winter Olympics medals by an American. This is the first time SI has utilized four national covers for its Olympic Preview.

Or to see the other three covers individually:

#1: Mikaela Shiffrin (aka the next Lindsey Vonn)

#2: Arielle Gold and Jamie Anderson (snowboarders)

#4: Bode Miller

Better they jinx Gracie, who is an outside shot for a medal in any case, than that they jinx Meryl & Charlie.

:agree: ;)

ETA, forgot to ask:
What kind of jump is Gold performing? Something to please the photog??​

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
wow, she is very confident
I have no doubt now its Gracie Gold's Olympic Gold medal to lose now :)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
She is not on THE cover of SI this week; she is on A cover of SI this week (#3 of four different ones). Still a big deal for her agent and for her.​

This week's issue of Sports Illustrated features four unique covers to preview the Sochi Olympics. U.S. Winter Olympians Mikaela Shiffrin, Gracie Gold and Bode Miller each grace a cover while Arielle Gold and Jamie Anderson share the fourth cover. The athletes' stories and ages range from the 18-year-old Shiffrin making her Olympic debut and chasing the legacy of Lindsey Vonn to the 36-year-old Miller back for his fifth Olympic Games and seeking the record for most Winter Olympics medals by an American. This is the first time SI has utilized four national covers for its Olympic Preview.

I like all of them, but the Bode Miller cover is my favorite. :)

Great for Gracie though! Congrats to her.

BlackPack

Medalist

Gracie has many competitors who can beat her, but Meryl & Charlie don't. V&M haven't been able to catch up to them all season.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker

:agree: ;)

ETA, forgot to ask:
What kind of jump is Gold performing? Something to please the photog??​

maybe a stag jump or that jump Sonje Heniee always seemed to do.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
i wouldn't worry though I wouldn't mind seeing D and W get silver; I really like V and M's long program now. Though it would be nice for D and W to get a gold I really think the Canadians deserve it technically and artistically.

thinspread

On the Ice

Still it's cool and she looks great! I guess it's been a long while since a figure skater made the cover of SI. I hope she give the performances in Sochi fitting the bill as the next U.S. star figure skater. Podium is within her reach.

Shani

On the Ice
Just think about the odds of getting two Gold's on Team USA, Arielle and Gracie. Maybe their medal chances have improved.

Icey

Record Breaker
Stag jumps are usually done by women. Lambiel is one of the few men to do it.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
She looks great!!! :clap: I saw the pic on my phone - are her guards still on? :laugh: you'd think they could have at least done a rink shoot with a sports photographer.

I've come to accept that sky_fly is merely a fan who hopes the best, being an OGM, for Gracie. So just like Bieber's fans are free to think he's the best singer in the world, we should just let bygones be bygones.