Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Gracie Gold on the cover of Sports Illustrated

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by flying camel View Post
    If anyone is interested US magazine has an Olympic Collectors edition out right now. There are beautiful photos of Gracie, Ashley,
    D & W, Shibutani's. They talk about the rivalries of Tara and Michelle, Lyacek and Johnny, battle of the Brians. There are also some old Olympic stories of Harding/ Kerrigan, Hamill and Yamaguchi. There are also stories on other Olympic athletes.
    Ooh, thanks! I'll check that out at the local newsstands.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    This. Is. Perfection. It's a motion shot but it looks like there is no tension in her body; she looks completely relaxed. This stag jump position is amazing! Her lines in this shot...and against the plain black background...it's just stunning. So beautiful, elegant...one of my all-time favorite pics of her.
    What a great picture of Michelle! I had forgotten it. Great to have the opportunity to see it again.

Custom Title
    I think gracie was photographed lying on the floor, not in mid air as she appears.

Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    i wouldn't worry though I wouldn't mind seeing D and W get silver; I really like V and M's long program now. Though it would be nice for D and W to get a gold I really think the Canadians deserve it technically and artistically.
    I prefer the Canadians too... Although I'm not a fan of their free. I think though they are more of what ice dance should be.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    I think gracie was photographed lying on the floor, not in mid air as she appears.
    she has skate guards on so she was probably doing it on carpet or something

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by hyperinflation View Post
    she has skate guards on so she was probably doing it on carpet or something
    She honestly couldn't find another pair of skates/blades for the shoot? The blue guards make it so obviously a faked shoot.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    What a great picture of Michelle! I had forgotten it. Great to have the opportunity to see it again.
    That is a beautiful, effortless looking understated cover. To think Gold even touches the amount of coverage Kwan had is ridiculous. People expect Kwan to win (Yu Na too), but people *hope* Gold will win. Huge difference.

In search of a summer sport to love <3 desertskates's Avatar
    I bought the US magazine today. Very nice profiles of the skaters. A pricey $10, but well worth it. They revisit some past skaters and give great insight into the other sports.

In her SKATE GUARDS. Doesn't SI have photoshop???

In search of a summer sport to love <3 desertskates's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    Though I think it's a great picture, the lying on the floor thing makes a lot of sense when I look at it again. I just wish someone had taken off those blade guards!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Sk8n Mama View Post
    In her SKATE GUARDS. Doesn't SI have photoshop???
    Seems like they used their entire Photoshop budget on the snow that's flying up.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    This. Is. Perfection. It's a motion shot but it looks like there is no tension in her body; she looks completely relaxed. This stag jump position is amazing! Her lines in this shot...and against the plain black background...it's just stunning. So beautiful, elegant...one of my all-time favorite pics of her.

It would have looked more realistic if they took her skate guards off......you can see she is not jumping on the ice, probably lying on the floor to get that amazing position. That's why she looks so relaxed lol. Sports Illustrated botched this one.

^ Kwanatic is talking about this picture of Michelle Kwan, posted in post 33 above, not Gracie's.

http://l.yimg.com/os/publish-images/...09_large-1.jpg

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    ^ Kwanatic is talking about this picture of Michelle Kwan, posted in post 33 above, not Gracie's.

http://l.yimg.com/os/publish-images/...09_large-1.jpg
    Now that's perfection and realistic.

I don't see the big deal with Gracie and her skate guards. Who cares, it's just a cover shoot? I think it's a nice photo myself.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast