Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Elena Radionova to miss Junior Worlds

Rinkside

Elena Radionova to miss Junior Worlds

Has this news already been posted somewhere? I'm very sad to hear this... Elena's been my favorite newbie of this season and I was so hoping she competes in the Jr. Worlds and possibly defends the champion title and makes a history for herself by becoming the first ever to do so.
    (Correct me if I'm wrong, but has there been any lady skater who repeated Jr. World gold medalist in the history of the competition?)

My wish for her is that she overcomes her injuries and the growth spurts really well during the off-season and emerges as a strong medal contender among the top senior ladies in next season. Knock on wood and keep my fingers crossed!!!

http://fskating.com/2014/01/radionov...or-worlds.html

poor Elena, but why? It is because her injury.? the article is not very clear.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by chapis View Post
    poor Elena, but why? It is because her injury.? the article is not very clear.
    From an unconfirmed source, I read that she grew 5~6cm in just last month. Also, she's been suffering from her ankle injury and had to skip the Russian Juniors last week as a result. I suspect it's due to her growth spurts.
    It's almost unbelievable to the point of being scary how fast these adolescents grow up in such a short time.

Rinkside
    She probably needs new boots too. Generally the feet grow as well in these growth spurts.

omg, elena, speedy recovery please

Forever stuck on those steps Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    It had to happen one day (the growth spurt, I mean). I actually think the timing is pretty good: she still managed to skate at the SGP and she'll have time until next season starts to get used to her new body and heal her injurys. The 2nd JW title would have been great, but it's not as if she'd need it.

Speedy recovery Elena, and give that stupid puberty monster a run for it's money in the next months. Hopefully she'll be back for the next SGP in full health!

Banned
    the junior ladies world curse is at it again

anyways, I agree Elena grew a lot she was visibly taller than Julia at Russian Nationals podium
    so its possible her recent injury is growth spurt related, Julia so far has been lucky her growth has not been abrupt and she grows slowly
    Elena has enough time for off season to heal and hopefully regain her previous form for next season

Custom Title
    I hope the puberty monster doesn't destroy her. But I think of Liza and even Mirai, Caroline Zhang their bodies changed so much that cannot be easy. this is why I thnk Gold has a much better chance of dominating than the Russian baby ballerinas - they are still all eligible for puberty attacks other than Leonova who is much older like Wagner. Gold seems to be finished her major growth spurt.

Forever stuck on those steps Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    ^ How does Adelina Sotnikova look like she'd still grow so much? She seems to be over her puberty monsters. And she has some potential too.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    I hope the puberty monster doesn't destroy her. But I think of Liza and even Mirai, Caroline Zhang their bodies changed so much that cannot be easy. this is why I thnk Gold has a much better chance of dominating than the Russian baby ballerinas - they are still all eligible for puberty attacks other than Leonova who is much older like Wagner. Gold seems to be finished her major growth spurt.
    right because Adelina Sotnikova and still looks like a tiny ballerina
    Sotnikova I would say is done with her growth and is just a thin and mature looking as Gracie ( hint they have less than a year in age gap )

I'm gonna Customize the CRAP out of this Title!!! Frenchie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Elistra View Post
    (Correct me if I'm wrong, but has there been any lady skater who repeated Jr. World gold medalist in the history of the competition?)
    Nope, it has never been done before.
    The closest ever was when Simone Koch and Karin Hendschke, both GDR, finished 1 and 2 in 1983, and again in 1984 - only in reversed order!

Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    right because Adelina Sotnikova and still looks like a tiny ballerina
    Sotnikova I would say is done with her growth and is just a thin and mature looking as Gracie ( hint they have less than a year in age gap )
    Yeah it is flatly delusional to assert that Gold is done growing but Sot is not. They have both been through and survived puberty.

If you want to say Gracie has better technique than Adelina and is therefore more likely to succeed, though, that's a different question.

Custom Title
    Can someone grow 5~6cm in a month? Sounds like my bone will hurt to grow that fast. Basically as long as Radionova does not grow too tall, I believe it will be fine for her. Since she has very narrow shoulder and hip bone, unlike Mirai and Zhang. A little more weight will be good for her.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    Yeah it is flatly delusional to assert that Gold is done growing but Sot is not. They have both been through and survived puberty.

If you want to say Gracie has better technique than Adelina and is therefore more likely to succeed, though, that's a different question.
    Well, the 'better technique' has not been very useful to her during the GP season, was it! I am not sure how to measure who is more likely succeed, but at this moment Gracie has only managed to have one good competition in this whole season, unlike Adelina.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Elistra View Post
    Has this news already been posted somewhere? I'm very sad to hear this... Elena's been my favorite newbie of this season and I was so hoping she competes in the Jr. Worlds and possibly defends the champion title and makes a history for herself by becoming the first ever to do so.

My wish for her is that she overcomes her injuries and the growth spurts really well during the off-season and emerges as a strong medal contender among the top senior ladies in next season. Knock on wood and keep my fingers crossed!!!

http://fskating.com/2014/01/radionov...or-worlds.html
    I think Elena Ivanova won the entire set of medals at junior worlds in the mid-late 90s so that might be the closest. Powerful skater never transitioned successfully to seniors... Wonder what happened...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast