Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Olympic preview: 10 ladies to watch out for in Sochi!

Olympic preview: 10 ladies to watch out for in Sochi!

Custom Title
    This is very good list except Polina Edmunds. No Osmond

Custom Title
    And Mao got a silver in Vancouver not Torino.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by christinaskater View Post
    very good analysis except for 3 and 6 rankings
    Kostner is 3rd favorite ?

would switch 3rd with Gracie and 6th with Carolina

my ranking

1 Yuna Kim
    2 Gracie Gold
    3 Mao Asada
    4 Julia Lipnitskaia
    5 Adelina Sotnikova
    6 Carolina Kostner
    7 Akiko Suzuki
    8 Ashley Wagner
    9 Kanako Murakami
    10 Ziun Li

Custom Title
    Is this supposed to be in order of probability?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by noskates View Post
    Nope. If it were, Kostner would be ranked a few places back. Although Lip and Sot are likely to be ahead of Gold, especially if they go clean.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by noskates View Post
    I would think so, just based on the order presented. I wouldn't be terribly surprised if Caro medaled just because she sometimes has mediocre seasons, and I suppose since she is a recent world champ and reigning WSMist it makes sense for her to be among the top favorites. The Olympics are completely different than any other event and most of the skaters below her have only proven themselves at less prestigious events.

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    I don't see why Gracie is getting so much hype. She had a good skate in front of US judges but very few outside of Lipnitskaia and YuNa are capable duplicating their National results, this year, in front of International Judges. Am I missing something. She is a great up and coming lady who is developing into her own, and fun to watch, but she has never really done that well internationally. Her best GP finish this year was 3rd. I personally think both Kostner and Sotnikova can and will finish ahead of Gracie.

Great Article but the three MOST LIKELY to win a medal are YuNa, Mao, and Julia w/Koster and Sotnikova ready to pounce on any step out left on the ice. Don't forget Suzuki who I would place even higher in the medal hunt than Gracie. Who knows how the stars will align but Gracie, while possible, isn't likely to medal. I've already requested Feb 19-20 off of work. I can't wait.

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    I wouldn't be terribly surprised if Caro medaled
    Me either!!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post
    Me either!!!
    Me too... she's the reigning World silver medalist. I wouldn't be surprised if she pushed Asada to 3rd or off the podium, although that would require really bad skates from Asada (but then again, 2013 Worlds....).

Polina being 10th? What is this author smoking

Custom Title
    Well right now the judges fav for gold is 2 way race between Kim and Julia. If both goes clean we can expect Gold and Silver, between the two. One is reigning Olympic champ and the other is newly crowned Eurochamp and home town golden girl. We could be seeing ela Michelle/Tara Nagano all over again.

Mao/Suzuki/Adelina/Kostner will be fighting for bronze and potentially steal silver, if one of them make mistake. All of them have some inconsistency issues with jumps, underrotation and etc. similar PCS range 68-70+. it will be a matter of < call on jumps for former three and for Kostner, well she is Kostner ...we can expect at least one pop jump from her ..

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Melon View Post
    Polina being 10th? What is this author smoking
    These aren't rankings. It's just ones to watch for. And being an American article she couldn't have left out Polina.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    Me too... she's the reigning World silver medalist. I wouldn't be surprised if she pushed Asada to 3rd or off the podium, although that would require really bad skates from Asada (but then again, 2013 Worlds....).
    But Kostner has had spectacular meltdowns in both her previous Olympics appearances. I'm wondering if history will repeat for the 3rd time.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by lilahozi View Post
    But Kostner has had spectacular meltdowns in both her previous Olympics appearances. I'm wondering if history will repeat for the 3rd time.
    Kostner is a very SPECTACULAR skater with outstanding skating skills. This time around her injuries will be more likely the factors.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast