Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Olympic preview: 10 ladies to watch out for in Sochi!

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    Was that really the best picture they could find of Ashley? Jesus
    Are you making fun of my Julia photo? I did it on my phone so I can't tell if its bad. Lol and sorry to offend. Ill update it on actual computer asap

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    It's too bad. If skated cleanly with 7 triples, her Bolero should set a World record (at least if I were judging). However, doing two toes and two salchows leaves a few points on the table.
    I agree Kostner's Bolero skated perfectly should set a new PCS WR (probably wouldnt at this point as her rep is not at this height anymore, but should). Not a new total score one though. Even at her hypothetical best there are better technical skaters than her. She is probably the weakest spinner in the top 10, and not all of her jumps are the best quality even when done, and she also doesnt do the harder jump combinations many others do.

I would score the hip action in Bolero in the negative column....I know I'm not alone on this.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by MsLiinaLii View Post
    You know what was in my mind for some time after US Nationals... Maybe I would put Mirai on the team, but... Edmunds is 15 which in some way is the answer to Russia's Julia, who is also 15.
    *I will disclaimer this by saying I understand that Edmunds was not given events that allowed her the opportunity to compete on the Sr. level. Nor am I saying I disagree with putting her on the team*

There is a huge difference between Julia & Polina. Julia has competed for several years at Sr. nationals, and has competed for 2 seasons on the International Sr. GP series and both times qualified for the GPF (withdrew last year due to injury), this season she has not placed lower than 2nd. On the other hand Polina has had 1 Senior skate at Nationals, and other than that she has no Sr. experience and very little Jr experience.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by lilahozi View Post
    That doesn't address the concern I raised...

Despite her SPECTACULAR abilities, she had splatfests at both Turin and Vancouver.
    Are you 12? You do realize that the world doesn't evolve around you, right?

You concerned about her meltdown. my concern is about injuries. I'm not even saying that you were wrong.

This is the free world. I have the right to have different perspectives.

After Euro lots of people including me counted her out for the contenders, since we've realized the extend of her injuries. But who knows, she might bounce back and proof me wrong.

I'm not a Kostner's fan at all. So I'm not going to argue more.

Custom Title
    ^Usually when one quotes another poster, one is addressing what that poster wrote. In your case, I didn't understand why you quoted me since your reply didn't have anything to do with my post.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post
    Are you making fun of my Julia photo? I did it on my phone so I can't tell if its bad. Lol and sorry to offend. Ill update it on actual computer asap
    Icey was talking about the picture of Ashley in the article. (It wasn't that bad. )

Your Julia avatar is great.

Ahh. Too long at the rink today. Must thaw brain.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by lilahozi View Post
    ^Usually when one quotes another poster, one is addressing what that poster wrote. In your case, I didn't understand why you quoted me since your reply didn't have anything to do with my post.
    It had every things to do with your post. Like I said, just different perspective.

Custom Title
    I would score the hip action in Bolero in the negative column....I know I'm not alone on this.
    You and the others in your "not alone" column share the same pattern.

Go back to the Euro Ladies LP thread and read what some of her biggest supporters said about it. I actually really like Caro. That doesn't mean her hip business isn't up for debate. She skated great otherwise minus the fall IMO.

Tripping on the Podium
    OMG why are you so negative, you should be happy,, olympics is only a few days away!! I think that is a very nice top 10 list, I think Julia may take home advantage and edge Carolina for bronze, about the top 10 I think Zijun and Kate could be there as well, but they'll have to beat Polina and kanako probably!!! I don't think Vika and Mae can be top 10 this time. But who knows it depends wheter everybody will skate well or nerve will make them fall!!!

Custom Title

No, Julia's photo is fine. Ashely's is the one that is bad. The lady doesn't deserve any more abuse.

Custom Title
    It's a side topic, but I wonder who does Ashley's and Gracie's make-up. That person seems to firmly believe that more is always better, in particular when it comes to lipstick. I have noticed that overly flashy color in earlier competitions on Gracie before, but in the picture Ashley seems to have picked it up, too. Makes her look like she is somehow involved with Batman's Joker. Not very flattering, if you ask me. At least Polina skates "clean", I hope she stays that way.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast