Test to See if You Are a Yankee Or Dixie | Golden Skate

Test to See if You Are a Yankee Or Dixie

mpal2

Final Flight
44% yankee (barely yankee)

I got a lot of scores that said common to the US or Midwest which is incredibly accurate. I'm from Indiana. No huge accents in our speech and phrases common to the US. We're just average!

Lucy25

Final Flight
I am 42% Yankee, which I don't understand because practically all my answers said they were common to the Great Lakes Region or North East. :confused: I am as northern (Midwestern) as they come. I have never heard of drive thru liquor stores, and those bugs are called "roly poly bugs" here in Michigan, but that answer said that only southerners call them that. Oh well. Neat quiz, though.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
yeah I got a lot of weird results too

I'm Alaskan but I talk like a NorEasterner?????? nahhhhhhhhh

sk8er1964

On the Ice
How are you getting the link to work? I get the page not found message, and when I go to the main page is says it's under construction :confused:

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
56% (Dixie). Barely into the Dixie category.

That's ridiculous--I'm from Boston. Some of the answers said "southern" when they were SO northeast! For instance, that pajama question. I say the second syllable to rhyme with "father," which they said is southern. Actually, that's very Boston. Hmmmm.....
:( :p :mad: :confused:

Last edited:

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
46% yankee. barely in the yankee area.

I know when we were in Massachusettes that I asked if they had diet pop and the waitress was really rude. She laughed so hard and said she had never heard it called that. If there had been any place else open that night I would have gone somewhere else. Felt like crawing in a crack.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Granny, don't feel bad when I was in Rhode Island, I asked for Pop and the waitress just looked at me. Not knowing what I did wrong, my brother came over and said she wants a soda. I felt like I was about 2.:laugh: :laugh:

Dee

Lucy25

Final Flight
The only soda we have here in Michigan is the baking and club kinds!:laugh: And we wear pa"jam"as.

Last edited:

Lynn226

On the Ice
71% Dixie.

Actually, I grew up in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains and I do not consider myself to be a Southerner.

mpal2

Final Flight
I have to agree with the pop group as well. I still say it's better than the south (specifically Atlanta and Chattanooga) where it's all coke. Atlanta is the home of coke and Chattanooga is the home of the coca cola bottling company.

The first time I went into a restaurant and asked for diet coke, the cashier asked what kind. I'm afraid I treated her like an idiot because I started talking slower and said again "diet coke". I finally realized she meant what type of pop when she mentioned grape and orange. It's not all coke people. Coke is a brand not a generic term for the type of drink.

Bubbles

Rinkside
I came out 63% Southern and I've never been south of Washington DC.

I did live in south-central Pennsylvania near the Maryland border as a child. There a soft drink was pop. When I moved back to eastern Pennsylvania, it was soda. I've never heard 'pop' since.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
sk8er........I'm having the same problem. Looks like we're missing out on all the fun. :cry: 42